Singapore Expats Forum

Emirates

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: AD IN THE PAPERS TODAY

Postby chai ching » Thu, 06 Jul 2006 9:11 am

Yup you are right. They only recruit females only. Its stated that quite clearly. I ever come across guys come and attend for the interview. But the lady there just ask the guys to give their resume to them and tell them that they will inform you once if there's a vacancy for guys. After that the guys go back after giving their resume to them.

Hope this help!


Rian wrote:
chai ching wrote:Yup you are right. Ladies, pls refer to last page of today Straits Times. Its a small page and also at the top of it. Just look and see carefully.


qatarbabe wrote:Just thought you girls might be interested. Saw the ads in the papers today. :)


Hey.. i saw that too!! You see.. you see.. Inviting only females.. :(

What if guys just attend the open day and try their luck? Do you think they'll get kicked out??? :???:

Rian
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Re: AD IN THE PAPERS TODAY

Postby Rian » Thu, 06 Jul 2006 9:28 pm

Ok then.. i don't think it's even worth going there just to give them our resume and go off. Who knows they might shred our resume later on..


chai ching wrote:Yup you are right. They only recruit females only. Its stated that quite clearly. I ever come across guys come and attend for the interview. But the lady there just ask the guys to give their resume to them and tell them that they will inform you once if there's a vacancy for guys. After that the guys go back after giving their resume to them.

Hope this help!


Rian wrote:
chai ching wrote:Yup you are right. Ladies, pls refer to last page of today Straits Times. Its a small page and also at the top of it. Just look and see carefully.


qatarbabe wrote:Just thought you girls might be interested. Saw the ads in the papers today. :)


Hey.. i saw that too!! You see.. you see.. Inviting only females.. :(

What if guys just attend the open day and try their luck? Do you think they'll get kicked out??? :???:

eve6
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri, 23 Jun 2006

Postby eve6 » Fri, 07 Jul 2006 1:52 pm

good luck to everyone hus gg 2 emirates interview 2moro. :D

SGIRL
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 07 Jul 2006

Re: AD IN THE PAPERS TODAY

Postby SGIRL » Fri, 07 Jul 2006 6:05 pm

Hi,

I missed the ad.. can u enlighten me on the entry requirement? eg. height n education standard?

many thanks in advance


chai ching wrote:Yup you are right. They only recruit females only. Its stated that quite clearly. I ever come across guys come and attend for the interview. But the lady there just ask the guys to give their resume to them and tell them that they will inform you once if there's a vacancy for guys. After that the guys go back after giving their resume to them.

Hope this help!


Rian wrote:
chai ching wrote:Yup you are right. Ladies, pls refer to last page of today Straits Times. Its a small page and also at the top of it. Just look and see carefully.


qatarbabe wrote:Just thought you girls might be interested. Saw the ads in the papers today. :)


Hey.. i saw that too!! You see.. you see.. Inviting only females.. :(

What if guys just attend the open day and try their luck? Do you think they'll get kicked out??? :???:

lolitaa
Regular
Regular
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat, 27 May 2006

Postby lolitaa » Fri, 07 Jul 2006 9:15 pm

Oops, I missed the ads on st stimes too. Is there anyone here who can help on the doc to bring, dresscose, time, venue and requirement?

Thanks

sarrah
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu, 22 Jun 2006

Postby sarrah » Sat, 08 Jul 2006 11:10 pm

el_loh wrote:
sarrah wrote:hey gals are married ppl allowed to join?


i have a client who's is going thru divorce and is a cabin crew with Emirates and she has informed me that it's Emirates' policy that all the crew must be single when they joined and as she's married at that time but going through divorce, she forward a copy of her Deed of Separation to the management and they accepted. So, you must be single.. they don't accept married woman.. hope this helps..


Hi EL_LOH

On no now i am confused.... cause i went for the 8/7 interview today and stated I am married but they put me tru to the next round... is this something that they overlook. Cause the next round takes up the whole day and I don't want to be there at 8.30 in the morning to be told that they made a mistake :( my friend booted me in the head for being so straight but I thought it would be better for them to know now as I do not wish to be lying about my marital status. I am being silly?

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Sat, 08 Jul 2006 11:23 pm

sarrah wrote:stated I am married but they put me tru to the next round... is this something that they overlook.


You have stated that you are married so there should not be a problem but if you are concerned ring somebody in a local office to make sure. Your statement implies that they did not answer you when you told them initially, did they?

Plavt.

sarrah
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu, 22 Jun 2006

Postby sarrah » Sun, 09 Jul 2006 12:19 am

Plavt wrote:
sarrah wrote:stated I am married but they put me tru to the next round... is this something that they overlook.


You have stated that you are married so there should not be a problem but if you are concerned ring somebody in a local office to make sure. Your statement implies that they did not answer you when you told them initially, did they?

Plavt.


yes they did not ans me... its an ambigious situation... how come its not affirmative?

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Sun, 09 Jul 2006 12:40 am

sarrah wrote:yes they did not ans me... its an ambigious situation... how come its not affirmative?


Best Contact below to find out for sure;

City: SINGAPORE
Agent: Emirates
Address: 600 North Bridge Road
# 11-01, Parkview Square
Singapore 188778

Dialing Code: 0065
Telephone: 67353535


Plavt.

sarrah
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu, 22 Jun 2006

Postby sarrah » Sun, 09 Jul 2006 2:19 am

Plavt wrote:
sarrah wrote:yes they did not ans me... its an ambigious situation... how come its not affirmative?


Best Contact below to find out for sure;

City: SINGAPORE
Agent: Emirates
Address: 600 North Bridge Road
# 11-01, Parkview Square
Singapore 188778

Dialing Code: 0065
Telephone: 67353535


Plavt.




any email to send??

sarrah
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu, 22 Jun 2006

Postby sarrah » Sun, 09 Jul 2006 2:25 am

any news??

sarrah
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu, 22 Jun 2006

Postby sarrah » Sun, 09 Jul 2006 2:39 am

really hope i dun go there for the 2nd interview as a mistake

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Sun, 09 Jul 2006 3:28 am

sarrah wrote:
Plavt wrote:
sarrah wrote:yes they did not ans me... its an ambigious situation... how come its not affirmative?


Best Contact below to find out for sure;

City: SINGAPORE
Agent: Emirates
Address: 600 North Bridge Road
# 11-01, Parkview Square
Singapore 188778

Dialing Code: 0065
Telephone: 67353535


Plavt.




any email to send??


No best to talk to them or write if you have time e-mails tend to be ignored, lost or forgotten about.

Plavt.

User avatar
mooks
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat, 08 Jul 2006

Postby mooks » Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:46 pm

I missed the 8/7 walk in interview and there's a global assessment on the 20/7. What's global assesment?

merra
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue, 11 Jul 2006
Location: singapore

emirates

Postby merra » Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:33 pm

i gues the global assessmt for who r already selected....


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest