Singapore Expats

Emirates

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 12:59 pm

ironlady wrote:Singapore Girl,,you went for the Tuesday,Jet Star thing right..any luck ??? Hope you make it thru ..

Cheers
Nope.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 8:19 pm

Hello,

Care to share how is the interview for Emirates like? Is it like SIA?

Thanks! :D

VT
Regular
Regular

Post by VT » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:19 am

ironlady wrote:Hi there Vivi, my friend too ,was an ex-SIA stewardess,and just left for Dubai for the training,,i think she left on 24 March...wonder if your frd was one of them..as per what she mentioned,,,,during probation ,,if one is not happy,can just tender 1 month notice and resign...yeah the pay I think shd be better than SIA's...........my friend is a North Indian...wat abt urs ?

Singapore Girl,,you went for the Tuesday,Jet Star thing right..any luck ??? Hope you make it thru ..

Cheers
wa.. really ah? Then after probation got to give how long a notice? Since it's non binding contract. :wink:

VT
Regular
Regular

Post by VT » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:22 am

Thanks vivi :) So anybody any idea when will be the next recruitment?

vivi
Regular
Regular

Post by vivi » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:53 am

ironlady wrote:Hi there Vivi, my friend too ,was an ex-SIA stewardess,and just left for Dubai for the training,,i think she left on 24 March...wonder if your frd was one of them..as per what she mentioned,,,,during probation ,,if one is not happy,can just tender 1 month notice and resign...yeah the pay I think shd be better than SIA's...........my friend is a North Indian...wat abt urs ?

Singapore Girl,,you went for the Tuesday,Jet Star thing right..any luck ??? Hope you make it thru ..

Cheers
hi my fren left much earlier, on the 5th. she will be graduating on wed, then she will go for her training flights..so exciting.. :D my fren is a chinese. :wink:

VT
Regular
Regular

Post by VT » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 1:13 am

vivi wrote:

Cheers
hi my fren left much earlier, on the 5th. she will be graduating on wed, then she will go for her training flights..so exciting.. :D my fren is a chinese. :wink:
Ermm.. I'm sorry.. Does your friend know when will be the next recruitment in Singapore?

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 7:59 am

VT wrote:
vivi wrote:

Cheers
Ermm.. I'm sorry.. Does your friend know when will be the next recruitment in Singapore?
Always check out their website.

By the way, is it true that ex-crew who went for Emirates interview have a better chance to get the position then non-ex crew?

VT
Regular
Regular

Post by VT » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:46 pm

Ermm.. I'm sorry.. Does your friend know when will be the next recruitment in Singapore?[/quote]

Always check out their website.

By the way, is it true that ex-crew who went for Emirates interview have a better chance to get the position then non-ex crew?[/quote]

I think most probably. Well, this is the reality, it happens eveywhere. Definitely, those who have experience will get a better chance. Unless they have an intention or preference in recruiting newbies. Cos some may think newbies are easier to train as they are fresh and more obedient.

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 9:32 pm

Hello

Ex crew have higher chance in getting into Emirates where they only have to go basic trainings for several weeks before flying unlike newbies who have to go through lots of tests, training etc..

What they meant by ex-crew are, those who have worked for an INTERNATIONAL airlines and good airline and not budget airlines like Valuair, Tiger etc..

Goodbye

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:15 pm

Matt10 wrote:

What they meant by ex-crew are, those who have worked for an INTERNATIONAL airlines and good airline and not budget airlines like Valuair, Tiger etc..

Goodbye
I doubt if an international airline would discriminate between a budget carrier and major airline since safety training and other aspects are the same. The prime reason flight attendants are there if for safety not customer services as is so often assumed even if some wish to display a good image.

Plavt.

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:20 pm

I think that FA of budget and full service airlines, have slightly different training. Because, in full service airline, FA have to know about gig aircrafts like B747. While budget FA doesnt need to know abt big planes because budget airlines doesnt have boeing 747 etc...

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:48 pm

Matt10 wrote:I think that FA of budget and full service airlines, have slightly different training. Because, in full service airline, FA have to know about gig aircrafts like B747. While budget FA doesnt need to know abt big planes because budget airlines doesnt have boeing 747 etc...
They definitely have different training and different aircraft but the fundamental reasons for the existence of flight attendants are what counts not what type of aircraft they are trained on.

Plavt.

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:21 pm

Matt10 wrote:I think that FA of budget and full service airlines, have slightly different training. Because, in full service airline, FA have to know about gig aircrafts like B747. While budget FA doesnt need to know abt big planes because budget airlines doesnt have boeing 747 etc...
Thats the reason why people don't understand about being FA not unless they are one.

For your info, ALL FA have to be trained [YES!] Every FA take the same tests. BUT not to forget they have to go thru everything again after one year which means their SEP cert are all valid for one year. AND YES, maybe BUDGET airline don't learn much. BUT at least, we know how does it feels to be a FA with unrespectable passengers like YOU onboard the aircraft!!

And also FA are not there for services only[Services are just extra for the passenger onboard]. Actually FA have to be there, for all the passengers [which is YOU!] SAFETY. Without us, you wouldn't even know how to open the exit door or even to inflate the slides to escape during evacuation.
It's not easy being one. You have to maintain yourself very well... And have to adapt the working environment.
If you are not happy about the flight you're doing, let me REMIND YOU there's nowhere to run!!!
Not all can be a FA.

After our training on flight, two of my colleagues resigned and have to pay the bond. WHICH IS NOT WORTHY!!!
Please make sure that you are mentally prepared to be a FA.

So.. please do not have the wrong concept about FA.

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:24 pm

Plavt wrote:
They definitely have different training and different aircraft but the fundamental reasons for the existence of flight attendants are what counts not what type of aircraft they are trained on.

Plavt.
Why SQ learn bigger aircraft then budget airlines?
Well.. It's because that bigger aircraft have different and more locations of safety equipments and the operation of the exit doors. That's why their training is much longer then budget airline training. Let me tell you, IT'S NOT EASY!!!

Matt10: I hope you understand now!

Guy24

Post by Guy24 » Fri, 14 Apr 2006 1:09 am

totally agree with queenie
its not a matter of sq or budget , big aircraft or small aircraft saftey rules is safety rules and should be observed and put into strict practise

and sq dosen't only have 747 jumbo we also have 777 aircraft as well
777 200a
777 200er
777 200
777 300
all this have different operation method and lots of thing to study if not we would be training for 4 months for nothing right :)