Singapore Expats

Emirates

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
VT
Regular
Regular

Emirates

Post by VT » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 3:47 pm

Hi.. Anyone out there who is currently an emirates crew? Care to share how much is their salary? And how often will singaporeans crew be flying to singapore for layover?

vivi
Regular
Regular

Re: Emirates

Post by vivi » Thu, 06 Apr 2006 12:10 am

VT wrote:Hi.. Anyone out there who is currently an emirates crew? Care to share how much is their salary? And how often will singaporeans crew be flying to singapore for layover?
hi my fren just went over for training with emirates. The salary is around 3 plus 4k. five weeks training. Emirates mentioned that they will try to let singapore crew to fly back every 2-3mths. .

cheers
vivi :wink:

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 11:34 am

Hello Vivi and other people out there,

I want to work for Emirates and I have some questions here:-

1) When an Emirates crew fly to Singapore, how many days to they stay here?

2) Which hotel do they stay at?

3) Can Singaporean crew go back to their own house instead of staying at the hotel?

Sorry for asking too many questions. :)

Thanks.
I look forward for replies. :D

vivi
Regular
Regular

Post by vivi » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 2:30 pm

Matt10 wrote:Hello Vivi and other people out there,

I want to work for Emirates and I have some questions here:-

1) When an Emirates crew fly to Singapore, how many days to they stay here?

Usually for about 2-3 days.

2) Which hotel do they stay at?
tis im not sure.

3) Can Singaporean crew go back to their own house instead of staying at the hotel?

yes you can.
Sorry for asking too many questions. :)

Thanks.
I look forward for replies. :D

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 3:32 pm

Thanks alot Vivi. :D

VT
Regular
Regular

Re: Emirates

Post by VT » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 11:29 pm

vivi wrote:
VT wrote:Hi.. Anyone out there who is currently an emirates crew? Care to share how much is their salary? And how often will singaporeans crew be flying to singapore for layover?
hi my fren just went over for training with emirates. The salary is around 3 plus 4k. five weeks training. Emirates mentioned that they will try to let singapore crew to fly back every 2-3mths. .

cheers
vivi :wink:
Thanks vivi for your info.. hmmm.. if that's the case, every two months then come back for few days, the pay seems not attractive enough. :P Hmmm... cos i heard from people saying that it's four k plus. :wink:

VT
Regular
Regular

Post by VT » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 11:31 pm

Hey matt10, you also interested in emirates ah? Any idea when will be their next opening? cos they just had one recently.

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 11:03 am

Hello VT,

Yes, I'm interested too. But I think their recruitment will be held late this year. In the meanwhile, I'm planning to apply online.

How about you? Didnt you try for SIA?

Goodbye...

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 11:56 am

Here are some information I cut and pasted from http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com. More information can be found on the website.

How long is the contract and is it binding?
As Governmental regulations are set in place, it is a 3 years non-binding renewable contract, if both parties agree. There is a probationary period of 6 months commencing from the date of joining.

What is the pay structure/allowance?
Your pay consists of a fixed basic salary, an hourly pay for operated flights and an overseas allowance.
Pay Scale:
Grade II: Basic Monthly Salary AED.3640/- (1 USD = approx. AED 3.673) Tax Free in the UAE.
Flying Pay: On an hourly basis:
Grade II AED 47.50 per hour.
Paid between chocks off and chocks on. Flying pay is paid in the month following accrual.
Meal allowances are paid in the currency of the country of night stop. Transport to & from the airport, and hotel accommodation is provided by the company.

When may I apply for concessional travel?
Rebate travel concessions apply after 6 months service. An unlimited number of ID 90 subload tickets and ID 50 firm tickets are available for self and on Emirates only.
There are also limited concessionary travel facilities available for direct family members.

How much leave will I be entitled to?
Cabin Crew are entitled to 30 calendar days leave per year based on availability of leave slots. One firm free annual leave ticket is provided to your country of origin. After 3 years of service this may be taken to any destination on the Emirates network.

How often & how soon can I go home?
All employees are on an initial 6 months probation - travel to your home country could however resume during this time but would mostly take place after 6 months during annual leave time. We fly to over 77 destinations and you could have the opportunity to be rostered to your home country based on operational requirements.

What is involved in the training? Where does it take part?
Intensive 5 week training in Dubai is conducted in English and takes place at the Emirates Aviation College. This includes the practical and theoretical aspects of safety, first aid and service including aircraft modules. The trainees on each course are normally a rich cultural mix. There are regular assessments with stringent pass marks for each module. Hence a high standard of performance and dedication is required.

Do you get paid / compensated whilst training & are you provided with Company accommodation whilst on training?
Your basic salary is calculated from the first day of joining. Company accommodation is also provided from the start.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 12:02 pm

Thanks for the info Singapore Girl.

VT
Regular
Regular

Post by VT » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 12:29 pm

Thanks for the info, singapore girl.. :) hmmm... i read that from their web already. But because they never state how approx how much is their meal allowance for layovers, that's why it's difficult to estimate their pay. Just to share with you guys, i took the estimation of US600 as their meal allowance cos in their web, they stated allowance up to US600. And estimate a monthly total flying hours of 80hrs. So i calculated a total of approx. S$4200.00 per month based on exchange rate of 1.67 :p correct me if i'm wrong. And i also heard that it was around 4k plus, that's why was surprised to hear from vivi that it's about 3k plus, 4k. But i think hers should be accurate cos her friend is in emirates.

VT
Regular
Regular

Post by VT » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 12:37 pm

Matt10 wrote:Hello VT,

Yes, I'm interested too. But I think their recruitment will be held late this year. In the meanwhile, I'm planning to apply online.

Goodbye...
hmmm.. heard from my friend that they might be having one recruitment during june but i search their web, din see singapore as their opening. i'm interested too, i applied for SQ cadet cabin crew, silkair and UA but never get shortlisted at all. For SQ cadet cabin crew and silkair, i applied thru slowmail. And UA thru email, which i couldn't send them my best and recent pic cos file exceeded their limit. So i sent another one which was taken almost 8 months ago. Not very nice, guess that's why it din interest the person who scroll thru my resume. :p now i'm waiting for another opening for crew lo. I can't apply online for emirates cos i dun have a full body photo and i dun have a digi cam. So i got to borrow from friend first. :P

vivi
Regular
Regular

Post by vivi » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 4:45 pm

VT wrote:
Matt10 wrote:Hello VT,

Goodbye...
hmmm.. heard from my friend that they might be having one recruitment during june but i search their web, din see singapore as their opening. i'm interested too, i applied for SQ cadet cabin crew, silkair and UA but never get shortlisted at all. For SQ cadet cabin crew and silkair, i applied thru slowmail. And UA thru email, which i couldn't send them my best and recent pic cos file exceeded their limit. So i sent another one which was taken almost 8 months ago. Not very nice, guess that's why it din interest the person who scroll thru my resume. :p now i'm waiting for another opening for crew lo. I can't apply online for emirates cos i dun have a full body photo and i dun have a digi cam. So i got to borrow from friend first. :P
hi guys, hmmm maybe because my fren is still undergoing training. therefore certain allowances are not available to her yet. but the pay is definitely good.... :wink:

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 8:36 pm

Yes, the pay for Emirates is better than SIA.

ironlady
Regular
Regular

Post by ironlady » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 12:51 pm

Hi there Vivi, my friend too ,was an ex-SIA stewardess,and just left for Dubai for the training,,i think she left on 24 March...wonder if your frd was one of them..as per what she mentioned,,,,during probation ,,if one is not happy,can just tender 1 month notice and resign...yeah the pay I think shd be better than SIA's...........my friend is a North Indian...wat abt urs ?

Singapore Girl,,you went for the Tuesday,Jet Star thing right..any luck ??? Hope you make it thru ..

Cheers
Life is not like a smooth sailing ship.It has ups n downs