Singapore Expats Forum

Heart

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Postby earthfriendly » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 8:10 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:WIMH,

The second: Who stands up if those that are capable walk away.

So, I hope you will continue to post and put points in the 'plus' column. You have much to offer... heart, intelligence, unique perspective... and I hear a great looking face as well. :)

I remember what you said about what flattery can do to you on the jokers thread and so I would like to send some your way :D .

SE, always so level-headed, measured and balanced. And woooooooow........ what high level of EQ (emotional), CQ (cultural) and intellect.

And from the bottom of my heart, I say thank you. SG is very lucky to have you step your foot on our kiasu soil.

Strong Eagle wrote:
Yet, consider this: It is a consequence of free speech. To be free means that the clowns, wingnuts, and meanies also have their say.

And thank you for reminding us on what this is all about. Well after all, this is an SG board where free speech does not take on the free rein of the West and so my fella SGeans may not be so used to all the freedom that is allowed to happen here :) . Agree or not ?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 9:50 pm

earthfriendly wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
Yet, consider this: It is a consequence of free speech. To be free means that the clowns, wingnuts, and meanies also have their say.

And thank you for reminding us on what this is all about. Well after all, this is an SG board where free speech does not take on the free rein of the West and so my fella SGeans may not be so used to all the freedom that is allowed to happen here :) . Agree or not ?

EF,

Therein lies the rub. Many Singaporeans are always clamouring for "free speech" The problem is they want it only on their terms. Unfortunately free speech is a double-edged sword as I mentioned to Rose_YG a little while ago in another thread. So I do agreee with you. But at the end of the day as has been harped on by all - This is supposed to be an Expat forum so Singaporean should venture here at their own risk. :cool:

Only kidding lah!

Also note, the insensitive thorn has been removed. :wink:

sms

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 10:11 pm

WIMH, you already know how I feel about you leaving and its obvious lots of people here share the same sentiments.

I respect your decision (don't like it though :( ) and hope we'll see you sometime, back here because you have so much to offer with your wit, intellect, insight and HEART.
One man's meat is another's poison.

Fugazi

Postby Fugazi » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 10:19 pm

When you make a sacrifice, most if not all of the time.. you'll be lauded as a hero even a matyr.. to a certain extend.

When you make choices, the accolades may not be so forth coming.

Life is more about making choices as compared to sacrifices.

WIMH you have made your choice. Whatever comes along be it sad goodbyes or brickbats, just know that it was your choice and no one can take that away from you. You know what's best.

Even thougn I don't personally know you, at least I know you're someone who is capable of making choices

and sometimes, that takes guts.

Close Encounter

Postby Close Encounter » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 11:08 pm

I think you done the right thing by quitting WIMH, this board can be so negative at times and can really gets you down if you're not careful. In fact I think I should quit too, I hardly post anyway and my time is better spent elsewhere, so from now on, I will hang around the business forum.
Looks like GC and Earthfriendly have to continue being the spokeswomen and cannon fodders for the locals here and I do wish them the best of luck.
Best wishes and do take care.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 11:14 pm

Close Encounter wrote:I think you done the right thing by quitting WIMH, this board can be so negative at times and can really gets you down if you're not careful. In fact I think I should quit too, I hardly post anyway and my time is better spent elsewhere, so from now on, I will hang around the business forum.
Looks like GC and Earthfriendly have to continue being the spokeswomen and cannon fodders for the locals here and I do wish them the best of luck.
Best wishes and do take care.

Close Encounter,

It is sad you feel that way. Maybe it would be better to look at it the way the PM does. Are you a "Quitter" or a "Stayer". Thankfully GC and EF are "Stayers" although they have been walking on the edge as well for a while. I am sure that they know that the rest of us want them here. It would be nice if you could also become a part of this forum on a 'regular' basis rather than just lurking.

sms