Singapore Expats Forum

Changes to Conventions?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Changes to Conventions?

Postby Bubbles » Tue, 04 Apr 2006 4:47 pm

I see trouble ahead, but when was there ever not? What a world we live in.

There'll never be peace, will there? If this goes ahead, what then? Does it need to? As they say the world has changed. For the worse, I'd say.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/sto ... 22,00.html
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Tue, 04 Apr 2006 5:00 pm

This is awful. Not exactly the best way to garner support, by playing both sides if the Geneva Convention. All I can say is Damn! If we start messing around with changing the rules on how prisoners are detained and treated (and let's just say it: we all ready have) then we better be willing to swollow our own medicine. No more crying fowl everytme an American gets arrested overseas. This will make Michael Fay look like a trip to park.

On a related issue: SAS is holding a parent coffee, combined high school and middle school, just to talk about what happens when your child breaks the law here. Age 16 and in the same room as someone caught smoking a joint is your ticket home...

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Tue, 04 Apr 2006 5:07 pm

It's a scary world out there and the scariest fact is that the rules are made my a tiny few. The vast majority simply do not believe that there is any way they can change things.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Tue, 04 Apr 2006 5:11 pm

Mother Theresa said: "If you can't feed 100 people, than feed just one' I love that.