Singapore Expats Forum

Jobs in Australia for 'N' Level???

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

caris

Postby caris » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 11:08 am

Hi every1,

Thanks 4 all ya comments.. how bout havin working exp in F&B, sales and office line?

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Postby donno » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 11:41 am

I know alot of people who migrate to Autralia.. They are Malaysians, Singaporeans, Chinese and Indians.. They earn alot in Australia and majority were O level holders and have working experience. My uncle who is diploma holder in Singapore is wanted by many companies in AUS because he had experience in IT related. Many Singaporeans earn alot over there. Even my sis who study overseas, got a job in management by showing her O level cert instead od A level.

Many singaporeans migrate to AUS because of their easy life. And also because of their very easy education.

But nowadays, many wouldnt want to migrate there because of discrimination like what happened late last year.
Asian people are criticised in public by the Australians. This kind of incident happen in UK too. An indian guy was killed by English teens.
10 April 2006

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Postby donno » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 12:11 pm

In singapore, a pilot needs to have a degree or a poly diploma.

In Australia, a level equivalent to the NSW Higher School Certificate Examination.

Duh!
10 April 2006

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 3:44 pm

donno wrote:I know alot of people who migrate to Autralia.. They are Malaysians, Singaporeans, Chinese and Indians.. They earn alot in Australia and majority were O level holders and have working experience. My uncle who is diploma holder in Singapore is wanted by many companies in AUS because he had experience in IT related. Many Singaporeans earn alot over there. Even my sis who study overseas, got a job in management by showing her O level cert instead od A level.

Many singaporeans migrate to AUS because of their easy life. And also because of their very easy education.

But nowadays, many wouldnt want to migrate there because of discrimination like what happened late last year.
Asian people are criticised in public by the Australians. This kind of incident happen in UK too. An indian guy was killed by English teens.

The issue of working in Australia is not as simple as you would seem to suggest. One may of course migrate but you need to look up what the criteria is. This may include whether you are a refugee, have relatives in the country, are at an age which they would allow you to migrate and in many instances have the relevant skills. Simply having 'N' or 'O' level certificates will not be enough. I am afraid you are either misinformed or have not analyzed the subject sufficiently. The UK is short of labour in many areas but that does not mean it is easy for a non-EEC national to get a job here.

http://www.immi.gov.au/employers/index.htm

The Indian guy killed by British teens was fortunately an isolated incident, we are fortunate that serious crimes are not that common in this country

Plavt.
Last edited by Plavt on Wed, 05 Apr 2006 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Quasimodo » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 4:09 pm

donno wrote:In singapore, a pilot needs to have a degree or a poly diploma.

In Australia, a level equivalent to the NSW Higher School Certificate Examination.

Duh!

You are talking through your arse again, halfwit.
One in the hand is worth two of something

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 5:51 pm

donno wrote:And by the way, try taking O level in other countries,

I hope you do not mean here, 'O' levels were scrapped a considerable number of years ago.

Plavt.

vivi
Regular
Regular

Postby vivi » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 2:34 pm

Quasimodo wrote:
donno wrote:I think there are company who accept N level but, with experience!
Dont give up. Singaporeans are smarter than Australians.. LOL

And by the way, try taking O level in other countries, not Singapore, Singapore's paper is the hardest. N level's difficulty level is almost the same as O level. I have 2 friends who did that. They got average, C6 in singapore, A2 in ********(in europe) country. Although the markers are the same, the questions are alot easier.... Trust me..

Trust you? Not with my neighbours dog. Tell me something, donno; have you actually ever travelled? You are so sure that the Singapore schooling system is the 'hardest', so what happened to you?

Word of advice: my niece came over from NZ last year to go to school here - she is aceing her classes. Get over your inadequacies and accept that the system in Singapore is different, with more emphasis on Maths and Science related subjects.

Your nonsensical postings make you out to be a total and utter know-nothing.

Flipping hamburgers is what you can do with N's.

Totally Agree!! 'Donno' i think your nick suits you perfectly. :roll: