Singapore Expats Forum

Englishman, Irishman & a Scotsman....

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

sbosklop

Postby sbosklop » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 5:58 pm

Canadians generally make fun of people from Newfoundland. And when jokes about newfies get old there's always the french or george bush.

Did you hear about the war between Newfoundland and Nova Scotia?
The Newfies were lobbing hand grenades; the Nova Scotians were
pulling the pins and throwing them back.

micknlea
Reporter
Reporter

Postby micknlea » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 6:06 pm

I have a great book of Kiwi jokes about Aussies...given to me by my ever so funny Kiwi nephew...I love it. Of course there are heaps of Aussie ones about Kiwis too. Then again us Aussies pick on our own kind as well...there are many, many jokes about Tasmanians, a breed of their own!!! :lol: :lol:

The best thing is when everyone takes it as the joke it is meant to be instead of reading all the wrong things into it...after all if we can't laugh at ourselves life is pretty sad eh? :wink: :)
"My husband said it was him or the cat...I miss him sometimes." - Unknown

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 9:27 pm

Plavt and Barron, as an American, i can assure you that there is a subset of jokes that we tell wherein the Irish and/or Scottish triumph over the English. Can only think of one right now - but it is a perfect example. Remind me to tell it if i ever make it to WNDC.
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson