Singapore Expats Forum

Is it normal to have thought of suicide?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 8:37 am

Bubbles wrote:My daughter's friend hung himself last year. He was 25. The awful thing was that his parents found him. My God, that would scar for life. Poor, poor them, poor him who could see no other way out.

I cannot imagine a fate worse than this for a parent. :cry:
One man's meat is another's poison.

CardZeus
Chatter
Chatter

Postby CardZeus » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 9:20 am

Sometimes I even dream about contemplating suicide - I still don't jump...
The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible.

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 10:40 am

New Zealand has the third highest suicide rate (per capita) in the world - behind Sweden and Japan. It is mostly our young men under 25, that are just not coping. I think there would be a lot of kiwi's in the world who have been directly or indirectly affected by suicide, and it is an absolute tragedy.

Two of my friend's fathers have committed suicide, and when I was at high school there would have been perhaps 4-5 young kids (either at our school, or brothers/boyfriends of classmates) who, for whatever reasons, just gave up on life and ended it. I think the hardest thing for all these family members and friends, as Bubbs said, was that they were so close to these people and either had no idea, or felt like they had not done enough to help them. For those left behind, the guilt (on top of grief), must be overwhelmingly enourmous.

EmEye, I am so sorry to hear about your brother. :cry: I just don't know what to say, except that.

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Quasimodo » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 12:27 pm

donno wrote: Insert vacuous and hurtful crap, written by this little arsehole here:

SMS? PAL? SE?

This guy is stepping over the boundaries again and again and again and again. Why do you let his cr@p continue.

Forget it, you seem to allow this insensitive and outright asshole to spout his hatred, anger and hurt wherever he wishes but ban Eric and cut out our posts?

Here we go: You guys suck!

Good bye
Last edited by Quasimodo on Wed, 05 Apr 2006 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One in the hand is worth two of something

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 1:36 pm

donno wrote:If you commit suicide, means you are going to hell.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

You must have been there and back!!! Even hell has no place for you :roll:

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 1:44 pm

Mods, I agree. I take extreme offense to the post above by Donno. It is completely out of line and very insensitive.

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 1:53 pm

Global Citizen wrote:Wolfie honey, if you ever feel the need to talk, pm me.

Sending good vibes and positive energy all the way in cyber space to you.

Thanks GC! This madwolfie has found a way to weave insanity into the seams of sanity to help maintain the balance of her own furry little crazy mind. :P

But when I do need someone to listen to my howling... I know who to go to now :) Thanks GC, much appreciated! :love:

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Quasimodo » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 4:19 pm

It seems that whatever the little arsehole wants to write is acceptable, doesn't matter if it hurts people beyond reason and beyond what we should accept here.

Let's see if anything happens by the end of today. If not, well . . . what's the point, really?!

I'll delete my quote in case one of the affected people are forced to look at it.
Last edited by Quasimodo on Wed, 05 Apr 2006 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One in the hand is worth two of something

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 4:21 pm

donno wrote:If you commit suicide, means you are going to hell.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I actually thought you were learning to behave yourself! May I suggest you go somewhere and just think about how insensitive and stupid that remark is.
There are many reasons why people attempt commint suicide and would it not be a good idea if you stopped annoying everybody you come in contact with and did some thinking for a change?

Plavt.
Last edited by Plavt on Wed, 05 Apr 2006 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 5:02 pm

FOR GOD'S SAKE, THIS HAS GONE FAR ENOUGH.....

That 'Donno' is an arsehole....there, I've said it, now, I ask you not to ban me, too.

Everyone on here thinks so, and then Quasi goes and wants to leave.
Please Quasi, don't.

Then Eric is banned for something about a million times less offensive.

Now, how many others?

I SAY TO EVERYONE............

PLEASE, PLEASE, PEACE. DON'T GO MAD. But there are some apologies needed.....from someone, or someones ....to other someones.

LOOK, I'LL START.........

SORRY TO ANYONE I'VE OFFENDED, NO, REALLY. NOW, WHAT ABOUT PAYING FORWARD AND THE NEXT ONE DOING IT?

I know, simple minded really, but just trying to defuse the situation...

Bubbs.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

renter
Chatter
Chatter

Postby renter » Wed, 05 Apr 2006 5:52 pm

I wonder how old is that 'donno', and what made him so childish and have so much hatred in the forum.