Singapore Expats Forum

Thank you....

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Thank you....

Postby tiki » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 2:52 am

.... to all of you for seeing that my thread was in no way meant to belittle or even stir up any ill-feelings towards a certain race or individuals.

We all have different views and opinions at times.

But it's how we choose to voice them that set us apart from the inmature.

It's one thing to be ignorant...

but to be ignorant and arrogant, to descend to that level is simply beyond comprehension not to mention coming across as incoherent even.

As Bubbs rightly put it, you are indeed a fabulous bunch and despite the differences we all may have, at least we were all together for the right purpose.

Let's chill for a bit as I reckon SMS has been overworked, what with him having to lock the thread and if it goes on he might have to do it again.

He's not getting any younger :wink: :wink:

Thank you again guys & dolls....

Fa'afetai
Tiki

'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 11:51 am

I go away for the weekend & when I come back I seemed to have missed it all :(

All I get to see is the aftermath, so obviously some nasty things were said, and I can have a good guess at the moron who said it but I dunno if I would be right.

was it entertaining?
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 1:21 pm

:) I have no idea what the thread was all about either but its all good now, all good :)

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 1:35 pm

can someone please explain to me what the thread was about?
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Postby tiki » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 1:47 pm

Wham wrote:can someone please explain to me what the thread was about?

It was a case of putting on the wrong reading glasses.
'If you feel alive

in a darkened room

Do you know the name

of your solitude..'

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 2:22 pm

Thanks, all you guys & gals on the forum.

Sometimes, it just helps when we all lay down our differences and stand united.

By the same token, a number of you have just received a PM from me with an attached message. No one is pointing fingers at anybody (well except for two) but I sent the forwarded message to a number of you just in case.

You know the old saying right? If the foo sh1ts wear it! :oops!: :shit: I mean if the Shoe Fits! There I got it right that time.

Again, Thanks all,

sms

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 3:54 pm

Darnit, I take a break for a couple of hours and all hades breaks loose again!

For those of you who have been keeping up with the various threads :( I would just like to clarify a few things.

I just now saw the deleted thread posted by Eric. It was deleted by PAL. I DID NOT EDIT Eric's post. It was edited by the Admin. After reading what he posted I am not surprised.

Please, lets not have any more people cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

sms

Rose_YG
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Rose_YG » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 3:58 pm

And why is Eric now banned / blocked?
"Every day is Christmas and every night is new year's eve... "

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 4:13 pm

I think I may have been one of those who received a special message, though I have ABSOLOUTELY NO IDEA WHY. It wasn't a telling off message either. I am now totally confused about everything. Mine may have been a 'helpful to me' email, but now I read SMS's post on this thread saying 2 peeps have been sent 'you know who you are' emails.

What did I do, if I did anything? All I did was to say 'unlock it.'

I'm not moaning, or upset at ANYONE, but please mods, tell me what is going on because I am slow on the uptake.

From my point of view all I said was....'Tiki, he's ok, don't agree with that particular thread being frozen cos all he said was what he thought, and by the way, he did no finger pointing, just asked us what we thought...not saying HE thought it.

And for goodness sake, tell me it is not true that ERIC is now not able to chat, he is one of the main backbones of our conversations and I enjoy his posts so much, always totally honest.
It was no big deal either, for those who missed it, so no point in wondering what it was.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 9:23 pm

Hi, My name is WHAM from NEW AMSTERDAM! I will channel Eric's thoughts until further notice!!!
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 10:10 pm

Wham wrote:Hi, My name is WHAM from NEW AMSTERDAM! I will channel Eric's thoughts until further notice!!!

Oh Sh1t! That's all I need!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Tue, 04 Apr 2006 1:25 am

I am going to talk in generalities because I worry I may be next out the door, but should anyone with a penchant for the colour Orange be reading this, someone, shall we say ...with a sore throat who cannot speak....well, if there were a someone like this, and I was theoretically speaking to them, well, I would say, that it feels like I've gone deaf, it's quiet in here, and that you don't know how nice the noise is till it's gone; and what lengths the quivering in case they too are silenced ones go to to make sense. Then I'd go on to say, if I was saying it, that is, I'd say, even though it's silent I bet that somewhere, someone in orange is speaking a mighty big speak about the silence, and that if ever the noise returns then I, for one, want to be there to hear the opening bars in what could be a noisy musical.

Did that make sense, oh Tangoed One? LOLOL.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Tue, 04 Apr 2006 1:32 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wham wrote:Hi, My name is WHAM from NEW AMSTERDAM! I will channel Eric's thoughts until further notice!!!

Oh Sh1t! That's all I need!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

you kidding? I'd love a New Amsterdam, 'sbeen ages