Singapore Expats Forum

surf safari

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
EADG
Reporter
Reporter

surf safari

Postby EADG » Sun, 02 Apr 2006 2:48 pm

looking for people based in Singapore who are interested in making weekend surf trips to breaks in the immediate area such as Bintan, Phuket, Bali, other Indo spots etc.

barmyarmy, dunk, skimilk, harry kilmer and the like, PM me for planning and to exchange #'s

BTW I am a longboarder so prefer point- and beach breaks to reef breaks for obvious reasons

BTW 2 I plan to be in Japan for a week around August for such a trip

Em Eye
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Em Eye » Sun, 02 Apr 2006 4:43 pm

Interesting post, I was just searching the web to find somewhere to go to surf. I guess you are way out of my league. I'm a beginner and taught myself. I'd be interested in joining up when I get a bit better or tagging along now if you'll have me?

Em

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 11:40 pm

Em Eye wrote:Interesting post, I was just searching the web to find somewhere to go to surf. I guess you are way out of my league. I'm a beginner and taught myself. I'd be interested in joining up when I get a bit better or tagging along now if you'll have me?

Em

naw, think it would be good to get a good crew together, and it's pay it forward for me, from the guy (from Texas!) who got me started in '94

I'm a pretty good teacher

borneng

Postby borneng » Wed, 16 Aug 2006 4:56 am

EADG wrote:
Em Eye wrote:Interesting post, I was just searching the web to find somewhere to go to surf. I guess you are way out of my league. I'm a beginner and taught myself. I'd be interested in joining up when I get a bit better or tagging along now if you'll have me?

Em

naw, think it would be good to get a good crew together, and it's pay it forward for me, from the guy (from Texas!) who got me started in '94

I'm a pretty good teacher

Hi, there.
My husband and I are still waiting for the relocation details to Singapore from Ireland. I started learning to surf about 16 months ago and I've been to Lanzarote and Bali for surf trip (but my surf skill is still limited). When we do get relocated to Singapore, I'd probably would want to have regular surf trip around the area or in Indo. So I will be interested to join in. And I am interested in longboarding as well so it'll great (my current board is McTavish Eightball). 8-)

BTW, Canggu (in Bali) is pretty mellow reef break and is good for longboarding (I rode 9'2 when I was there last February) so you might want to check it out when you go there.

I heard that China has great breaks for longboarding.

Oh BTW, I am an Indoensian married and reside in Europe the past 15 years so I speak Indonesian. :D

Sid

Postby Sid » Wed, 16 Aug 2006 1:19 pm

I am also a starter who want to join, i learn fast :D