Singapore Expats Forum

Employment Pass advice

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

patrickcoll

Employment Pass advice

Postby patrickcoll » Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:46 pm

I will be moving to Singapore in coming months with my girlfriend (who will be transferred with her company). I will be looking for work as soon as I arrive. What work visa should I be looking for ?

Does anyone know if companies oftgen give work visas / sponsor MBA grads with 8 or so years experience? Much appreciated.

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Employment Pass advice

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 01 Apr 2006 12:57 am

patrickcoll wrote:I will be moving to Singapore in coming months with my girlfriend (who will be transferred with her company). I will be looking for work as soon as I arrive. What work visa should I be looking for ?

Does anyone know if companies oftgen give work visas / sponsor MBA grads with 8 or so years experience? Much appreciated.

Thanks

Patrick,

If your experience is good and along with a reputable MBA you should have no problems finding a suitable position expecially seeing you earlier said you have sufficient international business experience.

You will just have to do your homework, preferably prior to your arrival here. I doubt you will be without a job all that long. (where are you coming from?)

As you will only have a 30 day tourist visa, it would behoove you to try to line up your ducks before coming over.

sms

sms

patrickcoll

Employment Pass advice

Postby patrickcoll » Sat, 01 Apr 2006 5:07 pm

Thanks,
I will be coming from London (am Irish myself) and will definitely be travelling in and out of Singapore for the first couple of months. I had heard of the Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate, which upon some research is valid for 6 months. Is this something I should consider ?

Many thanks for all advice.

Patrick

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 01 Apr 2006 6:02 pm

Hi Patrick,

Here is a link to the relevant site regarding Elgibility Certificate:

Taken from that site:

The processing time for the EPE certificate application is 21 working days from the receipt of your application. You will be notified of the outcome of your application via email. The certificate will be mailed to successful applicants subsequently. There are no charges for the application and processing of the certificate.

Upon arrival in Singapore, successful applicants for EPE certificates can apply for extension of their Social Visit Pass at the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority at the following address:

Visitor Services Centre
Immigration & Checkpoints Authority
4th Level, ICA Building
10 Kallang Road
Singapore 208718

If your itinerary is sufficiently down the road a piece, then this may be an option you may well want to explore. Be advised however, it is not extendable. Six months should be more than sufficient however.

On the other hand, you indicated that you would be going in and out of Singapore the first couple of months. I doubt the long term SVP will be a re-entry type of visa so you may just want to go in and out on a 30 days visa (by air) usually only 14 days via ground transport (malaysia).

sms