Singapore Expats Forum

2 YEAR PROGRAMME FOR ASPIRING STEWARDESSES

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
donno
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed, 25 Jan 2006
Location: somewhere on Earth..

Postby donno » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 9:40 am

singaporegrrl wrote:I'm having the same question as vivi. What's the difference between part-time and full-time? Coz let's say someone were to take a diploma from MDIS full-time and another person, on a part-time basis. The only difference is that the latter would finish the course later than a person who do it full-time. It's still equally qualified be it full-time or part-time right? If not, then those who have gone through this stage on their own will were just wasting their money and energy having to go to work and study all at the same time.


No i'm not confused. SIngapore Grrrrrl is still confused. She need more exposure to information on differennt kind of diploma.

Its okay, it is normal for an ITE graduate like Singapore Grrrrrrrl to think that all diploma are the same.
10 April 2006

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 11:14 am

Goodness! You really have shown how you love to look down on people. I'm sorry to say but you just have no respect for others. ITE is a place for stupid people in your opinion I guess, even when the PM mentioned alot of achievements by ITE. Thanks to ITE, I've gained alot of non-academic experience.

About the diploma issue, maybe I have a lot of questions okay, coz alot of the diploma I looked at have the same curriculum for both part-time and full-time. Only thing is that full-time will finish it in a year or less while part-time, 1.5 or 2 years. Probably I'm wrong on some diploma.

Anyways whatever it is, I'm giving my best shot for this sponsorship programme. It's great if I get it coz I already have got plans with the diploma even if it's unrecognised. If I don't get it, it's fine coz I already have a backup plan too. So really, don't worry about me. I've done alot of thinking and I know what I'm doing.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 11:25 am

Go girl (you'll leave losers like Dunno in your dust anyway)
......................................................

'nuff said Image

User avatar
donno
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed, 25 Jan 2006
Location: somewhere on Earth..

Postby donno » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 11:27 am

How could PM criticise ITE? Use your brain. He doesnt want to get protest. Propaganda.

So let V jr go to ITE. :D :D
10 April 2006

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 11:39 am

donno wrote:How could PM criticise ITE? Use your brain. He doesnt want to get protest.

So let V jr go to ITE. :D :D


Errr if ITE is bad, then I guess the PM won't say a single word about ITE right? And ITE would stay unrecognised just like in the past. Why would he waste so much time talking about ITE if there's nothing to say about the institute? Why would the press waste so much ink and paper talking about ITE if there's nothing to say about the institute?

"Use your brain"?
Right back at ya!

You're not very open-minded like most middle-aged adults towards ITE education huh?
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 1:28 pm

Hey i also join in the 1300 briefing too. May i know which one is you? Cuz i saw there got three malays girls. Two are sitting in the front row and the other one is sitting at the second row. I was sitting behind your back. So lucky of you that you join in the briefind and straightaway you recieve their call from them. Then is this also your first time attending Jetstar Asia?

If its really true that its your first time joining Jetstar Asia? Wow you are really that so lucky man. Me didnt even get shortlisted and also didnt even receive their call too. Mean im not being selected for it. Have you been ever attend any airlines before? Other than Jetstar Asia?

singaporegrrl wrote:I went to the 1300hrs briefing and submitted the form at around 1400+hrs. They called me at around 1730hrs. I'll be attending the 1100hrs interview slot on Tuesday. Well, I can't be too happy yet. There's still a final interview after the one on Tuesday. Shall do my very best.

vivi
Regular
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu, 29 Dec 2005

Postby vivi » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 1:35 pm

donno wrote:If you say that part-time and full-time diploma are the same except for the duration, you are wrong.

The diploma you'll be taking is two years. That is part time.
Full time students who take the same number of modules also have to take it for 2 years.

So both are two years.


Aren't you contradicting yourself?? if you know what it means. :roll:

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 2:09 pm

Hey chai ching! It must be something about your application. Maybe you lack something. I really don't know coz I'm not the interviewer. I was the malay girl who sat alone on the second row at the far right of the room. I wore white blouse and black skirt, and my hair was tied in a ponytail. Probably you'll remember the girl who keeps answering to the speaker. That was me. :lol: So which were you?

Hey vivi, I keep having the same thought as you. Ouh well~
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 2:24 pm

Oh so that is you. I still remember what you look like. You know behind you have two chinese ladies right. Im just sitting behind them only. Im wearing black colour shirt and a beach colour skirt. I didnt tie up my hair. I did see your face on that day. But i dont know whether you still remember me or got see or not. Yup i think so. Maybe its my application. Or its my full lenght photo. Cuz my real person and the photo is not the same. Its not totally the same. Just only a bit different only.

Im still confuse and also dont know why and whats the reason that whenever i apply for any airline. Im still not able to get shortlisted or not even receive any call from any airlines. Im so sad. :( :-|

singaporegrrl wrote:Hey chai ching! It must be something about your application. Maybe you lack something. I really don't know coz I'm not the interviewer. I was the malay girl who sat alone on the second row at the far right of the room. I wore white blouse and black skirt, and my hair was tied in a ponytail. Probably you'll remember the girl who keeps answering to the speaker. That was me. :lol: So which were you?

Hey vivi, I keep having the same thought as you. Ouh well~

User avatar
blancD
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat, 25 Feb 2006

Postby blancD » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 2:29 pm

the difference with some part time diplomas is that they sometimes cater for working adults, like an exemption of certain subjects to lessen the burden. however these may only apply to people who previously took a different diploma/degree or qualification.

part time diplomas graduate later than those in the full time.
"City of Ang3Ls"

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 2:41 pm

chai ching wrote:Oh so that is you. I still remember what you look like. You know behind you have two chinese ladies right. Im just sitting behind them only. Im wearing black colour shirt and a beach colour skirt. I didnt tie up my hair. I did see your face on that day. But i dont know whether you still remember me or got see or not. Yup i think so. Maybe its my application. Or its my full lenght photo. Cuz my real person and the photo is not the same. Its not totally the same. Just only a bit different only.

Im still confuse and also dont know why and whats the reason that whenever i apply for any airline. Im still not able to get shortlisted or not even receive any call from any airlines. Im so sad. :( :-|


Oh yeah I remember someone matching your description. But the only thing I can't remember is the face. I have a big problem with that. Hehe! I didn't know you were there. If I had known, I would have been seated beside you.

Don't worry too much about your application. Try to analyse what you have written on the employment, ECA, etc. section. Maybe there's something lacking there. I had almost all blanks filled up and I guess that would be the impressive factor. These could reflect on yourself.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 3:39 pm

May i know what did you type for your resume? As for ECA, i think i didnt stated inside my resume. So does that mean this reason about it? What other should i write it in my resume? Can you roughly and briefly tell me about it? By the way, what blank you say that you fill up? May i know whats that? Thank you very much! Thats the problem that i still cant find the answer and also dont know why that im always not shortlisted for it.

singaporegrrl wrote:
chai ching wrote:Oh so that is you. I still remember what you look like. You know behind you have two chinese ladies right. Im just sitting behind them only. Im wearing black colour shirt and a beach colour skirt. I didnt tie up my hair. I did see your face on that day. But i dont know whether you still remember me or got see or not. Yup i think so. Maybe its my application. Or its my full lenght photo. Cuz my real person and the photo is not the same. Its not totally the same. Just only a bit different only.

Im still confuse and also dont know why and whats the reason that whenever i apply for any airline. Im still not able to get shortlisted or not even receive any call from any airlines. Im so sad. :( :-|


Oh yeah I remember someone matching your description. But the only thing I can't remember is the face. I have a big problem with that. Hehe! I didn't know you were there. If I had known, I would have been seated beside you.

Don't worry too much about your application. Try to analyse what you have written on the employment, ECA, etc. section. Maybe there's something lacking there. I had almost all blanks filled up and I guess that would be the impressive factor. These could reflect on yourself.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 4:11 pm

chai ching wrote:whenever i apply for any airline. Im still not able to get shortlisted or not even receive any call from any airlines. Im so sad.


You obviously have not convinced them that you are sufficiently interested and have the relevant experience. I do not mean that you do not it may well be the way you have worded your application.

You need to ask yourself: 'do I really want this job?'

Try writing the word flight attendant on your notebook and think of the things associated with it, you may be surprised at what you have never considered.
Look for what is most important and read up on those points and
do spend some time around the airport. Better still if you can go on a flight or if you have flown a few times remember your experiences and record them. These are just a few suggestions.

Plavt.

Fugazi

Postby Fugazi » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 4:21 pm

Plavt wrote:
chai ching wrote:whenever i apply for any airline. Im still not able to get shortlisted or not even receive any call from any airlines. Im so sad.


You obviously have not convinced them that you are sufficiently interested and have the relevant experience. I do not mean that you do not it may well be the way you have worded your application.

You need to ask yourself: 'do I really want this job?'

Try writing the word flight attendant on your notebook and think of the things associated with it, you may be surprised at what you have never considered.
Look for what is most important and read up on those points and
do spend some time around the airport. Better still if you can go on a flight or if you have flown a few times remember your experiences and record them. These are just a few suggestions.

Plavt.


Excellent suggestion if I may add!

Put yourself in the employer's shoes and write yourself an application letter. Leave it for a day and then read it, bear in mind that you are the employer. Cross out all the unecessary details and mistakes and highlight how some points could have been better put across.

Then write another letter.

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 5:08 pm

chai ching wrote:May i know what did you type for your resume? As for ECA, i think i didnt stated inside my resume. So does that mean this reason about it? What other should i write it in my resume? Can you roughly and briefly tell me about it? By the way, what blank you say that you fill up? May i know whats that? Thank you very much! Thats the problem that i still cant find the answer and also dont know why that im always not shortlisted for it.


You didn't write anything on the ECA section? Then that might be a factor that didn't lead you to an interview. Bear in mind ECAs, now CCAs, show your commitments and leadership skills in school non-academically. I wrote down 3 of my CCA achievements and I'm sure it was more than enough. You remember don't you that the speaker said you need to market yourself as much as you can, especially with the stiff competition in airline recruitments. Try not to leave any blanks on your application form (unless of course, it's not applicable to you), especially on the CCA and Awards section, if any. If you are required to submit a resume, this would be an essential area you could work on. I took up a whole page just for Awards and Achievements on my resume. Yep it would definitely look impressive coz it reflects alot about you even before you embarked on your working life.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest