Singapore Expats Forum

For the boys...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

For the boys...

Postby Bubbles » Fri, 31 Mar 2006 1:05 am

I was searching the phrase, 'Kiasu' on the net and came up with this site, found the bit about Kiasu funny, but hardly any of the 'jokes', very stereotypical and some rather rude. But that's not what this posting is for......boys should look at the section under Beautiful Asian Girls......

http://www.asianjoke.com/beautiful_asian_girls.htm

Right, I'm off to jump off a bridge now, sob sob.....or to buy a sturdy paper bag for my head.............

Truly, Asian beauty can be stunning. (Spoken as an artist not a pervy person....).

Can't see a section on it for Male Asian Hunks, which is a shame.....
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Re: For the boys...

Postby tiki » Fri, 31 Mar 2006 7:26 am

Bubbles wrote:I was searching the phrase, 'Kiasu' on the net and came up with this site, found the bit about Kiasu funny, but hardly any of the 'jokes', very stereotypical and some rather rude. But that's not what this posting is for......boys should look at the section under Beautiful Asian Girls......

http://www.asianjoke.com/beautiful_asian_girls.htm

Right, I'm off to jump off a bridge now, sob sob.....or to buy a sturdy paper bag for my head.............

Truly, Asian beauty can be stunning. (Spoken as an artist not a pervy person....).

Can't see a section on it for Male Asian Hunks, which is a shame.....

Kiasu literally means afraid of losing or 'scared to lose' ( in local context ), if I'm not mistaken.

There is another one which is not as (in)famous as Kiasu..

it's Kiasi. Which literally means afraid of death or 'scared to die'. It's used in a sarcastic some times acidic humored sort of way.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 31 Mar 2006 1:23 pm

Nice site Bubbs, thanks.

Not that I am in need of it, I can see a beautiful Asian woman here every morning when I wake up.... 8-)

Eric