Singapore Expats Forum

Maid in Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
Ling2
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu, 08 Sep 2005

Postby Ling2 » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 10:22 am

Well, what a weekend. Do you all don't go out at all? :P

Hey, if anyone should be offended by Tiki, it ought to be me, being Chinese :P will sure jump on him then :wink: coz SMS said am a fighter like the Ling Cod fish :lol: :lol: :lol: as 2 ugly fish as described by micknlea :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I like Tiki, he is witty, playful & insightful with his comments. And no, I am not bias at all, many think the same too.

Besides, if we do not share our observation or seek other views, how could we achieve better understanding of anything, let alone cultures or people?

User avatar
CardZeus
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 340
Joined: Fri, 07 Oct 2005
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby CardZeus » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 10:24 am

donno wrote:Yes I agree. But sometimes abuse is because of the maid's fault...


I suppose you also think that some rape victims are to blame??

Abuse is abuse and cannot be justified. There's no law against gossipping - if you don't want your maid talking about your family, etc I suggest you (1) Don't have a maid or (2) Don't talk about 'private' matters in her presence.
The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible.

User avatar
donno
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed, 25 Jan 2006
Location: somewhere on Earth..

Postby donno » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 10:29 am

CardZeus wrote:
donno wrote:Yes I agree. But sometimes abuse is because of the maid's fault...


I suppose you also think that some rape victims are to blame??

Abuse is abuse and cannot be justified. There's no law against gossipping - if you don't want your maid talking about your family, etc I suggest you (1) Don't have a maid or (2) Don't talk about 'private' matters in her presence.


my maid is super busybody. What ever you do, she'll know. LOL.
if you are talking in private, she tend to sweep the floor as near as you so she can hear. LOL. My previous maids werent like that.
10 April 2006

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2308
Joined: Thu, 21 Oct 2004

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 11:34 am

donno wrote:
Bremen wrote:
renter wrote:Does their happiness really have something to with the employer's race?


Yes... There are many cases here where the chinese bosses basically consider themselves "master" and the foreign maid to be an inferior race which deserves regular beatings.

The malay family treat them with respect, and recognize they're doing hard, honest work to support their families.


Yes I agree. But sometimes abuse is because of the maid's fault.
Like mine, she tend to be very busybody and tell outsiders about our family problems and conflict. Upon my mother knowing what she has been doing, my mother began to scold her and be strict with her unlike before(but not beat her, never).

This kind of incident happen to some of my friends' maid too, either because of stealing, telling lies etc..


So what you are saying it is right to beat her for that?

You can't be so stupid to say that, or are you really that much of an idiot?

Eric

renter
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun, 09 Jan 2005

Postby renter » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 11:51 am

donno wrote:
CardZeus wrote:
donno wrote:Yes I agree. But sometimes abuse is because of the maid's fault...


I suppose you also think that some rape victims are to blame??

Abuse is abuse and cannot be justified. There's no law against gossipping - if you don't want your maid talking about your family, etc I suggest you (1) Don't have a maid or (2) Don't talk about 'private' matters in her presence.


my maid is super busybody. What ever you do, she'll know. LOL.
if you are talking in private, she tend to sweep the floor as near as you so she can hear. LOL. My previous maids werent like that.


you employ her to be the maid working in your home. you should know this concern of your privacy even before you employ a maid.
If you get irritated by her, I see it as the outcome of your own action.

If you don't like some stranger listening to your conversation in your home, then why are you so contradictive to get one into your home?
Are you hiring a robot?

get some EQ.

User avatar
Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 595
Joined: Tue, 25 Oct 2005

Postby Quasimodo » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 12:22 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:You can't be so stupid to say that, or are you really that much of an idiot?

Eric


Eric, meet donno. donno, grunt or try to nod your head in a type of hello to eric.
One in the hand is worth two of something

User avatar
tiki
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 684
Joined: Mon, 22 Aug 2005
Location: third guy from the left
Contact:

Postby tiki » Mon, 03 Apr 2006 1:39 pm

Donno...

why don't you and all in your family have a boardroom meeting in the living room and have your domestic helper seated infront of you.

Then go on some rhetoric about her attitude.

Point a finger at her and say the magic words....

"You're fired."

Don't forget the toupee.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests