Singapore Expats Forum

IT jobs in Australia

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

G'Day

IT jobs in Australia

Postby G'Day » Tue, 28 Mar 2006 6:01 pm

Hi,

I like to find out:

1) In general, are they more IT jobs in Australia compared to SG? Is it less competitive over there? I mean you don't have to fight for the same job with too many people (as always for the case of SG).

2) Is it easy to find IT Security jobs in Australia? Say if a candidate has an IT Degree, a CISSP with few years of working experience, what's the market demand like?

3) What sort of salary package can I expect for the given experience and qualifications? I'm looking at Sydney and Melbourne areas.

4) Is it better to job-hunt locally (in Australia itself, say Sydney) vs. applying online from SG, wait for phone call interview, fly over only when asked to do so etc? (Assume I have my Oz PR covered).

5) How soon can I secure a job if I'm job-hunting in Sydney itself? Within 1 month, 2 months? Anyone done this before? what do you do while hunting for jobs? Get a temp job?

Any comments welcome.

G'Day!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 28 Mar 2006 8:50 pm

G'day,

don't you think you would be a little more successful if you posted you questions on an Aus website? I mean you would be more inclined to get better founded answers where you are looking to work dontcha think?

sms

G'Day

Postby G'Day » Tue, 28 Mar 2006 9:39 pm

Hi sms,

I agree with you, but since a friend of mine recommended this forum site, I thought I give it a try. Besides I've read some of the conversations about Aus here too..though most of it are about SG stuffs.

I'm currently looking for Aus forum sites as well, if you happen to know any please let me know.

Thanks anyway.

Cheers!