Singapore Expats Forum

Music ceritficates

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

aphrodite

Music ceritficates

Postby aphrodite » Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:59 am

i've noticed that both yamaha n cristofori stated they want grade 8 abrsm prac cert for their teacher requirements.

My cert is LCM, so that means i cant apply for both the schools? Seems like LCM cert is not recognised.

N i hav got a grade 5 theory n wish to get higher grades for theory.
Is it possible to self study and sign up for the exam, or i can only learn from piano teachers. If it's possible for self study, are there any books that teaches that, cuz i think there are only those theory books for u to practice n not to study.

Any advices?

Thanks! :D

vivi
Regular
Regular

Re: Music ceritficates

Postby vivi » Thu, 06 Apr 2006 3:14 pm

aphrodite wrote:i've noticed that both yamaha n cristofori stated they want grade 8 abrsm prac cert for their teacher requirements.

My cert is LCM, so that means i cant apply for both the schools? Seems like LCM cert is not recognised.

N i hav got a grade 5 theory n wish to get higher grades for theory.
Is it possible to self study and sign up for the exam, or i can only learn from piano teachers. If it's possible for self study, are there any books that teaches that, cuz i think there are only those theory books for u to practice n not to study.

Any advices?

Thanks! :D

hi i have taught at cristofori before. They are not as particular as yamaha. You need to have at least grade 8 practical. For theory, it is possible to study on your own. You can buy the texts from the music schools itself. USually it is a text with exercises. Check with the schools for the exam dates and asked them how you can register for the exams. certain music schools allow private candidates.

cheers
vivi :wink: