Singapore Expats Forum

Happy new year- indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
bunty
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 632
Joined: Mon, 20 Mar 2006
Location: SG

Happy new year- indian friends

Postby bunty » Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:00 am

wishing in advance a Happy Ugadi (New year) to my indian friends from the south of india....

anybody planning any ugadi specials....

cheers
:)

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu, 31 Mar 2005

Postby sabrina77 » Tue, 28 Mar 2006 11:24 am

Hi Bunty,

Thanks for your wishes and wishing you the same.

holagurl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 28 Mar 2006
Location: Singapore

Re: Happy new year- indian friends

Postby holagurl » Wed, 29 Mar 2006 9:21 am

bunty wrote:wishing in advance a Happy Ugadi (New year) to my indian friends from the south of india....

anybody planning any ugadi specials....

cheers
:)


hey Bunty,

Thanks and oops a little late i guess but Happy New year to u and all u of u out there too.. :D

bunty
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 632
Joined: Mon, 20 Mar 2006
Location: SG

Re: Happy new year- indian friends

Postby bunty » Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:20 am

holagurl wrote:
bunty wrote:wishing in advance a Happy Ugadi (New year) to my indian friends from the south of india....

anybody planning any ugadi specials....

cheers
:)


hey Bunty,

Thanks and oops a little late i guess but Happy New year to u and all u of u out there too.. :D


its not late. in india, in certain communities, the new year follows the indian calendar and therefore can happen anytime during the year.... great is it not.......

our new year is therefore tomorrow. this is largely in south india

holagurl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 28 Mar 2006
Location: Singapore

Re: Happy new year- indian friends

Postby holagurl » Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:51 am

bunty wrote:
holagurl wrote:
bunty wrote:wishing in advance a Happy Ugadi (New year) to my indian friends from the south of india....

anybody planning any ugadi specials....

cheers
:)


hey Bunty,

Thanks and oops a little late i guess but Happy New year to u and all u of u out there too.. :D


its not late. in india, in certain communities, the new year follows the indian calendar and therefore can happen anytime during the year.... great is it not.......

our new year is therefore tomorrow. this is largely in south india


Oh Happy New Year in Advance...

True , I for one have always been fascinated by the Indian culture

Yeah I know some communities celebrate on 14th/15th April :cool: BTW is it the Telugu community that celebrates Ugadi?

praveen_muskula
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 29 Mar 2006
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby praveen_muskula » Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:04 pm

Hi all,

Wish You A Happy New Year.
Hi bunty thanks and wish you the same.

I am newbie to this group.i wud like to make friendship with u all people.
Hope to see more interaction with you.

Regards,
Praveen
Hi i am praveen,interested in joining this group.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests