Singapore Expats Forum

Bushisms

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

CardZeus
Chatter
Chatter

Bushisms

Postby CardZeus » Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:48 am

OK - I have some time on my hands today - here's a few classics from the leader of the free world:

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures."

"Too many good docs are getting out of business. Too many OB/GYN's aren't able to practice their, their love with women all across this country."

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it."

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee...that says, fool me once, shame on... (pause)... shame on you. Fool me ...(Long,agonising pause)... you can't get fooled again."

"So for the students here, take heart in this concept. He gets a Ph.D. I get Cs. I'm the President and he's the advisor."

"The truth of that matter is, if you listen carefully, Saddam would still be in power if he were president of the United States, and we’d be a lot better off."
Last edited by CardZeus on Thu, 23 Mar 2006 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible.

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:11 pm

Very good CZ :D

I read a quote the other day - I can't remember who said it but it was along the lines: "When I was a child I was told anyone can be president, now I believe it"
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

Return to “General Discussions”