Singapore Expats Forum

Merge 2 MSN accounts

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
User avatar
kk_lass
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon, 19 Sep 2005
Location: Eunos

Merge 2 MSN accounts

Postby kk_lass » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 3:46 am

Hi, any great soul out there can teach me ...
how to merge 2 MSN login accounts together??

I have 2 MSN logins, i want to view them together at one time..
Currently, i have to log in to another one, and log out of another one.. one at a go..
But i have heard that you can actually merge the 2 accounts together. and thus your 2 accounts can be online/active at one time..

Can anyone teach or share how to do for this IT-dummy here..?? :-|
Deeply appreciated.. :D
Thank you in advance.. :wink:
LEVERAGE ~ The ability to do MORE and MORE with less and less

User avatar
madwolfie
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1526
Joined: Wed, 23 Feb 2005
Location: Mad's Lair

Postby madwolfie » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 4:49 am

MSN Shell works that way but I think its available in chinese version so far? I am trying to figure out how it works too :P

You may like to check out this url -> www.msnshell.com

roykeane
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu, 23 Jun 2005

Postby roykeane » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:32 am

Or you can do it the low tech way. use msn messenger to login one account, use windows messenger to login another account. thus at any given time, both your accounts are online. Problem solved.

User avatar
Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon, 20 Jun 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Baron Greenback » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:10 pm

i use a prog called trillian, which merges the IMs of: msm, yahoo, google, aol etc. you can go to their site & get the basic version for free. It is a very clever bit of s/w & I would guess that you can tell it to use 2 msm logins (but to be honest I haven't tried).

roykeane's suggestion seems the simpliest
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

User avatar
kk_lass
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon, 19 Sep 2005
Location: Eunos

Postby kk_lass » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 3:09 pm

madwolfie wrote:MSN Shell works that way but I think its available in chinese version so far? I am trying to figure out how it works too :P

You may like to check out this url -> www.msnshell.com


Thanx Madwolfie, MSNshell.. yes that should be the one recommended to me by my friend's bro. :)
But i gave up half way to figure how it works.. :roll:
should be simple, isn't it?? :-k
LEVERAGE ~ The ability to do MORE and MORE with less and less

User avatar
kk_lass
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon, 19 Sep 2005
Location: Eunos

Postby kk_lass » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 3:10 pm

roykeane wrote:Or you can do it the low tech way. use msn messenger to login one account, use windows messenger to login another account. thus at any given time, both your accounts are online. Problem solved.


Thanx roykeane.
BTW, does our computer always have windows messenger??
LEVERAGE ~ The ability to do MORE and MORE with less and less

User avatar
kk_lass
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon, 19 Sep 2005
Location: Eunos

Postby kk_lass » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 3:12 pm

Baron Greenback wrote:i use a prog called trillian, which merges the IMs of: msm, yahoo, google, aol etc. you can go to their site & get the basic version for free. It is a very clever bit of s/w & I would guess that you can tell it to use 2 msm logins (but to be honest I haven't tried).

roykeane's suggestion seems the simpliest


Thanx Baron Greenback..
Trillian.. sounds powerful :D and .... complicated! :shock: :?
Too much for me i think..
Maybe if you happen to try it out, let me know the results.
Thanxx! :mrgreen:
LEVERAGE ~ The ability to do MORE and MORE with less and less

roykeane
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu, 23 Jun 2005

Postby roykeane » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 5:54 pm

[quote="kk_lass
Thanx roykeane.
BTW, does our computer always have windows messenger??[/quote]

yes windows messenger is inherent in all windows os. you can find it in the start menu-> programs

I usually used this method when i want to online both my msn.

User avatar
kk_lass
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon, 19 Sep 2005
Location: Eunos

Postby kk_lass » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 7:16 pm

HI Roy, thanx! :)
I go and check my home computer..

BTW, you moved to Bugis already??
*was looking at your first post*
LEVERAGE ~ The ability to do MORE and MORE with less and less

roykeane
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu, 23 Jun 2005

Postby roykeane » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 8:03 pm

kk_lass wrote:HI Roy, thanx! :)
I go and check my home computer..

BTW, you moved to Bugis already??
*was looking at your first post*


Oh, that's more then 9 months ago, did not realize i haven't come back to this forum for so long. Yeah i moved to somewhere near to bugis that time .

User avatar
kk_lass
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon, 19 Sep 2005
Location: Eunos

Postby kk_lass » Wed, 22 Mar 2006 10:54 am

roykeane wrote:
kk_lass wrote:HI Roy, thanx! :)
I go and check my home computer..

BTW, you moved to Bugis already??
*was looking at your first post*


Oh, that's more then 9 months ago, did not realize i haven't come back to this forum for so long. Yeah i moved to somewhere near to bugis that time .


So you moved again...?? :roll: :wink:
LEVERAGE ~ The ability to do MORE and MORE with less and less

User avatar
kk_lass
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon, 19 Sep 2005
Location: Eunos

Postby kk_lass » Wed, 22 Mar 2006 10:56 am

kk_lass wrote:
roykeane wrote:Or you can do it the low tech way. use msn messenger to login one account, use windows messenger to login another account. thus at any given time, both your accounts are online. Problem solved.


Thanx roykeane.
BTW, does our computer always have windows messenger??


BTW, checked my computer at home and laptop at office..
No window messenger........ :? :-|

So any other method and help??
Anyone care to share...? :)
LEVERAGE ~ The ability to do MORE and MORE with less and less

roykeane
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu, 23 Jun 2005

Postby roykeane » Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:08 am

kk_lass wrote:
kk_lass wrote:
roykeane wrote:Or you can do it the low tech way. use msn messenger to login one account, use windows messenger to login another account. thus at any given time, both your accounts are online. Problem solved.


Thanx roykeane.
BTW, does our computer always have windows messenger??


BTW, checked my computer at home and laptop at office..
No window messenger........ :? :-|

So any other method and help??
Anyone care to share...? :)


Well maybe it is not installed, normally can install via the windows cd itself. If you don't have the "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" file then most likely you don't have it installed. Well if you don't have access to windows cd , then i think you might be better off using some of the methods suggested by others. :)

roykeane
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu, 23 Jun 2005

Postby roykeane » Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:11 am

kk_lass wrote:
roykeane wrote:
kk_lass wrote:HI Roy, thanx! :)
I go and check my home computer..

BTW, you moved to Bugis already??
*was looking at your first post*


Oh, that's more then 9 months ago, did not realize i haven't come back to this forum for so long. Yeah i moved to somewhere near to bugis that time .


So you moved again...?? :roll: :wink:


Nope , didn't moved again, still staying same place. Might have give impression i didn't from the way i phrase my reply. You wanna come visit me is it?

EPL
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 885
Joined: Thu, 25 Aug 2005
Contact:

Postby EPL » Wed, 22 Mar 2006 5:21 pm

am trying to figure it that out too.. :???:
kk_lass dont forget to teach me also when we next meet ok.. :wink: :D


Hmm.. roykeane
I think of Ryan Giggs and Wayne Rooney now :P :P :P :-$
Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live the questions now... Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live... into the answer ~Rainer Maria Rilke~


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Computer, Internet, Phone & Electronics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests