Singapore Expats Forum

WNDC, 22-Mar-06 @ Dempsey Hut @ 8pm

Weekly meetup of WNDC - Wednesday Night Drinking Club
sonia888
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri, 14 Jan 2005
Location: Singapore

WNDC, 22-Mar-06 @ Dempsey Hut @ 8pm

Postby sonia888 » Sun, 19 Mar 2006 9:54 pm

Though Deadpoet will be out of town on 22-Mar-06, we're NOT going to meet up at Oosters, but at Dempsey Hut ;-)
8pm.

Address : 130 E Minden Rd, Singapore 248819, Tel. 64739609
It's off Napier Rd.

See you there :)

User avatar
sapphire
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2365
Joined: Sun, 17 Apr 2005

Postby sapphire » Sun, 19 Mar 2006 10:16 pm

Excellent choice. :D
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

User avatar
OSHO
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat, 08 Oct 2005

Postby OSHO » Sun, 19 Mar 2006 10:25 pm

Is that far from OOSTERS .?

User avatar
jolmar
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri, 25 Nov 2005
Location: Sin City

Postby jolmar » Sun, 19 Mar 2006 10:56 pm

hey who's who this week ? Did all of you have changed avatars, nicknames, ... :D


Of course, as usual I will do my best to attend, even I'm out of alcohol (D -21)
60 million french people can't be wrong ;-)

User avatar
Wild Rover
Regular
Regular
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu, 08 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Wild Rover » Mon, 20 Mar 2006 12:11 am

jolmar wrote:Of course, as usual I will do my best to attend, even I'm out of alcohol (D -21)

Jolmar, I think you are taking this marathon running far too seriously, 'un verre ou deux' every now and again would do you good, believe me.

Also, just in case you are thinking of giving up anything else, I remember reading a running book where the well-renowned author advised that it is ok to have sex the night before a marathon providing you don't spend all night looking for it :lol:

So just make sure you start looking early afternoon instead and you will be fine 8-)

Also hope to see you all Wednesday, but will be later on.
What's worse, ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don't care

User avatar
Wild Rover
Regular
Regular
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu, 08 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Wild Rover » Mon, 20 Mar 2006 12:26 am

OSHO wrote:Is that far from OOSTERS .?

jolmar wrote:hey who's who this week ? Did all of you have changed avatars, nicknames, ... :D


Looking at OSHO's avatar, I'm SURE that must be Carpe Diem from how I last remember seeing him :lol:
What's worse, ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don't care

User avatar
madwolfie
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1526
Joined: Wed, 23 Feb 2005
Location: Mad's Lair

Postby madwolfie » Mon, 20 Mar 2006 2:24 am

Did you see him somewhere near Oosters? :P

User avatar
deb96
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2005

Postby deb96 » Mon, 20 Mar 2006 9:41 am

Morning! Madie........

User avatar
madwolfie
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1526
Joined: Wed, 23 Feb 2005
Location: Mad's Lair

Postby madwolfie » Mon, 20 Mar 2006 11:47 am

Morning Deb96 :love:

User avatar
jolmar
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri, 25 Nov 2005
Location: Sin City

Postby jolmar » Mon, 20 Mar 2006 12:10 pm

Wild Rover wrote:
OSHO wrote:Is that far from OOSTERS .?

jolmar wrote:hey who's who this week ? Did all of you have changed avatars, nicknames, ... :D


Looking at OSHO's avatar, I'm SURE that must be Carpe Diem from how I last remember seeing him :lol:


For sure there is something in the attitude that can reminds me CD :cool:
60 million french people can't be wrong ;-)

User avatar
jolmar
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri, 25 Nov 2005
Location: Sin City

Postby jolmar » Mon, 20 Mar 2006 12:14 pm

Wild Rover wrote:
jolmar wrote:Of course, as usual I will do my best to attend, even I'm out of alcohol (D -21)

Jolmar, I think you are taking this marathon running far too seriously, 'un verre ou deux' every now and again would do you good, believe me.

Also, just in case you are thinking of giving up anything else, I remember reading a running book where the well-renowned author advised that it is ok to have sex the night before a marathon providing you don't spend all night looking for it :lol:

So just make sure you start looking early afternoon instead and you will be fine 8-)

Also hope to see you all Wednesday, but will be later on.


Not really too seriuously, regarding my training :lol:
But I have so many opportunities to drink that I want to preserve myself for the good one ;-)
As for the sex by the way :twisted: but the night before the marathon, I will stay at my parents home so ... :(
Anyway I don't have a strong mind and will be back again this wednesday.
We will wait for you WR
60 million french people can't be wrong ;-)

User avatar
sapphire
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2365
Joined: Sun, 17 Apr 2005

Postby sapphire » Mon, 20 Mar 2006 1:07 pm

Unless CD got younger by some miracle, OSHO is not CD. :lol:

Rover, hope you make it. Dempsey's Hut is a nice, relaxed, laidback place. Not sure what's it like in the evenings, but afternoons it's really nice there. In fact, we could plan a weekend lunch there. Food isn't fantastic, but I quite liked the ambience.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

User avatar
Wild Rover
Regular
Regular
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu, 08 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Wild Rover » Mon, 20 Mar 2006 11:52 pm

sapphire wrote:Rover, hope you make it. Dempsey's Hut is a nice, relaxed, laidback place. Not sure what's it like in the evenings, but afternoons it's really nice there. In fact, we could plan a weekend lunch there. Food isn't fantastic, but I quite liked the ambience.


Well Sapphy, this sounds great and I will certainly do my best to be there.

Pity Eric can't make it this week, looks like from one of his previous posts that finally DP chose a place that meets his approval :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:
The wine pub was nice, but I love going to that Dempsey's hut. Been there a few times the last 2 weeks and it is one of my fav hang outs for a nice saturday afternoon. There's a bunch of kiwi's or ozzie's there as well, as they put on the big tv for the rugby fans. It has a nice mix of locals and expats and the service is really outstanding. First time I went there is about a year ago or so, no difference noticed form then 'til now.

Would have been nice to meet and have a hoegaarden or 2 CD... :)

Eric
What's worse, ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don't care

User avatar
Wild Rover
Regular
Regular
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu, 08 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Wild Rover » Mon, 20 Mar 2006 11:59 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:4 Hoegaarden, sounds like a nice afternoon... especially with the Magnum size they serve: It is like drinking from a bucket full of beer....

See you there soon!

Eric


Sounding better all the time....................... :D :D :D :D :D

Though not sure about Thursday morning? :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:
What's worse, ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don't care

User avatar
cookieguy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue, 01 Mar 2005
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby cookieguy » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:10 am

hope to pop by one day at the WNDC cheers!!! :)
Eat a cookie, think of a cookie, earn more money!!! :)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “WNDC - Wednesday Night Drinking Club”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests