Singapore Expats Forum

United Airlines Crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
blancD
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat, 25 Feb 2006

Postby blancD » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 1:31 am

sweats. . . despite the pay and everything we have to go through to get it. . :???:
"City of Ang3Ls"

User avatar
tiki
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 684
Joined: Mon, 22 Aug 2005
Location: third guy from the left
Contact:

Postby tiki » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 8:52 am

magrit wrote:hey singapore grrl, are u sure tat ppl will not be paid for e seven weeks of training? i tink tats highly impossible..... where did u get all the information from? are u a current sq girl? anyway just curious.....

so anybody here applied? since its their first recruitment drive, i suppose there wouldnt be anyone here who knows abt their recruitment process ya?

so so will it be the same like silkair where e FAs do turnaround flts?



This ain't the first time they're having a recruitment drive.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

User avatar
donno
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed, 25 Jan 2006
Location: somewhere on Earth..

Postby donno » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 10:57 am

Singapore Grrrrrrrrl wrote....

As for graduated new flight attendants, I've mentioned that they will only fly regional routes, regardless of nationality American-based flight attendants fly regional.

Then if all the flights are regional from US, then why I see UA flight attendants who are based in US fly to Singapore and HongKong(I've seen them at the airport)? Those flights are from US and they are American except for a 2 who are Asians..
10 April 2006

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:15 am

donno wrote:Singapore Grrrrrrrrl wrote....

As for graduated new flight attendants, I've mentioned that they will only fly regional routes, regardless of nationality American-based flight attendants fly regional.

Then if all the flights are regional from US, then why I see UA flight attendants who are based in US fly to Singapore and HongKong(I've seen them at the airport)? Those flights are from US and they are American except for a 2 who are Asians..


Err the senior flight attendants?
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

User avatar
donno
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed, 25 Jan 2006
Location: somewhere on Earth..

Postby donno » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:19 am

Some were young and pretty... mostly 25 to 40 year-old... Is that senior enough??
10 April 2006

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:39 am

Well some of them been with UA since their early age. Don't mean they are only 25 they can get seniority. There are also green uniformed SQ stewardess who are below 25.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

User avatar
donno
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed, 25 Jan 2006
Location: somewhere on Earth..

Postby donno » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:44 am

Okay then..
10 April 2006

User avatar
magrit
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun, 19 Mar 2006

Postby magrit » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 8:22 pm

wow! thank U singaporegrrl for all the information!!! :) hmmmm...... so seems like UA is a tough one..... i guess u really have to like UA tat much to join in e first place.... alright! so good luck to all those who are going to apply for the job.... r u going to apply too singapore grrl? me too aspire to be an aircrew but seems like sq will be a better choice afterall.....

plavt, i tink i have seen an article somewhere abt them coming out of bankruptcy.... but i'm not too sure when was tat!

n tiki, if i m not wrong its their first recruitment drive for regional FA to be based in SIN. i dont mean e entire UA corporation! or else we might be seeing ghosts posing as UA FAs in all e airports! haha! no offence pls....

User avatar
tiki
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 684
Joined: Mon, 22 Aug 2005
Location: third guy from the left
Contact:

Postby tiki » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 8:40 pm

magrit wrote:wow! thank U singaporegrrl for all the information!!! :) hmmmm...... so seems like UA is a tough one..... i guess u really have to like UA tat much to join in e first place.... alright! so good luck to all those who are going to apply for the job.... r u going to apply too singapore grrl? me too aspire to be an aircrew but seems like sq will be a better choice afterall.....

plavt, i tink i have seen an article somewhere abt them coming out of bankruptcy.... but i'm not too sure when was tat!

n tiki, if i m not wrong its their first recruitment drive for regional FA to be based in SIN. i dont mean e entire UA corporation! or else we might be seeing ghosts posing as UA FAs in all e airports! haha! no offence pls....


..nope it's not.
'If you feel alive

in a darkened room

Do you know the name

of your solitude..'

User avatar
magrit
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun, 19 Mar 2006

Postby magrit » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 8:43 pm

hmmm...... watever tiki.... i dun want to repeat myself again....

tink u must be spending a whole lot of time on forums all over e world to know so much! cool man! haha...

User avatar
tiki
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 684
Joined: Mon, 22 Aug 2005
Location: third guy from the left
Contact:

Postby tiki » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 8:47 pm

magrit wrote:hmmm...... watever tiki.... i dun want to repeat myself again....



tink u must be spending a whole lot of time on forums all over e world to know so much! cool man! haha...



..the infos I have on airlines, I got from work experience. Now about the 'haha'..what's the punchline?
'If you feel alive

in a darkened room

Do you know the name

of your solitude..'

User avatar
magrit
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun, 19 Mar 2006

Postby magrit » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 8:52 pm

working experience?? like wat?!!! professional 'editor' for forums.... gosh tink u need to get a real job man! sorry but haha again! stay cool pal! no point getting angry over words.....

User avatar
tiki
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 684
Joined: Mon, 22 Aug 2005
Location: third guy from the left
Contact:

Postby tiki » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 8:55 pm

magrit wrote:working experience?? like wat?!!! professional 'editor' for forums.... gosh tink u need to get a real job man! sorry but haha again! stay cool pal! no point getting angry over words.....


..so this is your punchline?

Just for your info, to widen your mind a little:

Information about an airline or even a company's policies is not restricted to employees only.

An investment bank for example, have these infos at their disposal and so does parts manufacturer. These infos are vital and necessary to stay in business with the companies. It helps in deciding for example, whether to invest further interest or to buy into the companies themselves.

Yes, even being a 'professional' editor of a forum would have such infos, provided it's related.

Was I angry? How so?

Was merely asking for the punchline.
Last edited by tiki on Tue, 21 Mar 2006 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'If you feel alive

in a darkened room

Do you know the name

of your solitude..'

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 8:56 pm

magrit wrote:working experience?? like wat?!!! professional 'editor' for forums.... gosh tink u need to get a real job man! sorry but haha again! stay cool pal! no point getting angry over words.....


Ever heard of coporate strategic planning magrit? (forgive me Tiki was just too tempting).

Plavt.

User avatar
tiki
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 684
Joined: Mon, 22 Aug 2005
Location: third guy from the left
Contact:

Postby tiki » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 9:04 pm

Plavt wrote:
magrit wrote:working experience?? like wat?!!! professional 'editor' for forums.... gosh tink u need to get a real job man! sorry but haha again! stay cool pal! no point getting angry over words.....


Ever heard of coporate strategic planning magrit? (forgive me Tiki was just too tempting).

Plavt.


Kia Ora &thank you Plavt.

Was actually thinking of using the direct term, as you had but...

..was pondering if it would be understood mate :wink:
'If you feel alive

in a darkened room

Do you know the name

of your solitude..'


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests