Singapore Expats

United Airlines Crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Charlize

UNited Airlines

Post by Charlize » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 1:09 pm

hi brownspecs,

congrats...to U... do enjoy your trip to Chicago ya....

I am happy for U! :D

tiberian78

Congrats

Post by tiberian78 » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 4:54 pm

Hey Brownspecs, congrats!! May I know wats yr age? Supposed you are a male then?

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 8:20 pm

Hello,

Looks like some of you have been through the interview with UA, can you tell me how was the interview like? Is it like SIA?

Thanks alot!
:D

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 8:57 pm

read the previous posts, they're alot of information on the interview. Still i would advise you to concentrate on your studies as you're still young. Its not good to have dreams but make whats priority. No hard feelings yeah, just an advise
"City of Ang3Ls"

vivi
Regular
Regular

Re: United Airlines

Post by vivi » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 10:24 pm

brownspecs wrote:
Charlize wrote:Hi gals,

Just curious if there is anyone who has confirmed to be accepted for this position.

My situation was a bit unique i guess. I got into the 3rd round of interview and was told that i was successful. BUT...the interviewer said that unfortunately the training quota has been met, so it means that I am not selected.

I find it kinda puzzling coz then in the first place...why did they ask me go for the 3rd round then if their quota are met. He also mentioned that if there is openings coming up, i can apply again. That means I m not even a reserve too. I guess he is just being courteous to reject me in a polite and optimisitc manner. Anyone in the same situation as me???? I went for the interview on Tuesday.
congrats.

Hi everyone
I am one of the lucky ones. I applied on the Sat itself when I first saw UA's advert on Recruit. I was called and emailed a few days later and went for my 1st interview round on the 26 March. My 2nd round of interview was that same afternoon. I was asked to go back on the 28 for the 3rd interview and was offered the training opportunity on the day itself. I had just completed my medical check up and will be going for training in May in Chicago. A lot of my friends had applied as well and I guess their quota is really over as they only need 130 crew at the moment and many of my friends were not called for the interview too. There are many other airlines and opportunities again, I believe, if theres a will, theres a way. Don't give up and good luck!!!
:wink:

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Post by zoergal » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:15 am

brownspecs wrote:

Just curious if there is anyone who has confirmed to be accepted for this position.

My situation was a bit unique i guess. I got into the 3rd round of interview and was told that i was successful. BUT...the interviewer said that unfortunately the training quota has been met, so it means that I am not selected.

I find it kinda puzzling coz then in the first place...why did they ask me go for the 3rd round then if their quota are met. He also mentioned that if there is openings coming up, i can apply again. That means I m not even a reserve too. I guess he is just being courteous to reject me in a polite and optimisitc manner. Anyone in the same situation as me???? I went for the interview on Tuesday.
Hi everyone
I am one of the lucky ones. I applied on the Sat itself when I first saw UA's advert on Recruit. I was called and emailed a few days later and went for my 1st interview round on the 26 March. My 2nd round of interview was that same afternoon. I was asked to go back on the 28 for the 3rd interview and was offered the training opportunity on the day itself. I had just completed my medical check up and will be going for training in May in Chicago. A lot of my friends had applied as well and I guess their quota is really over as they only need 130 crew at the moment and many of my friends were not called for the interview too. There are many other airlines and opportunities again, I believe, if theres a will, theres a way. Don't give up and good luck!!!

hi brownspec,

Are u an ex-crew? how about the rest that had been selected as well? are most of them ex-crews ..? Cos by reading the previous postings, some who attended the interviews mentioned that lots of ex-crew actually apply for the UA .
:roll:

hehehe

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:31 am

wow congratulation to you. you are really that lucky person who has been selected for an interview. Good luck to you and enjoy yourself in Chicago. Im so envious of you.
brownspecs wrote:

Hi everyone

brownspecs

Re: Congrats

Post by brownspecs » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 9:15 pm

tiberian78 wrote:Hey Brownspecs, congrats!! May I know wats yr age? Supposed you are a male then?
I am female. 25 yrs old

brownspecs

Post by brownspecs » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 9:19 pm

zoergal wrote:
brownspecs wrote:

Hi everyone

hi brownspec,

Are u an ex-crew? how about the rest that had been selected as well? are most of them ex-crews ..? Cos by reading the previous postings, some who attended the interviews mentioned that lots of ex-crew actually apply for the UA .
:roll:

hehehe
Hello zoergal
Yes I am a current crew. I do not believe that they are just looking at crew or ex-crew for their recruitment. In my group, most of them were e-crew. However, I also heard that a very senior crew didnt even managed to go to round 2. The thing is, just be yourself, read up and follow your dreams

fa|th

Post by fa|th » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:56 pm

brownspecs wrote: Hello zoergal
Yes I am a current crew. I do not believe that they are just looking at crew or ex-crew for their recruitment. In my group, most of them were e-crew. However, I also heard that a very senior crew didnt even managed to go to round 2. The thing is, just be yourself, read up and follow your dreams
Hi brownspecs ,
Congrats to you !! By the way , are you a current crew of SIA ??If you are , do you mind sharing why you rather join UA than stay with SIA ? Thanks for sharing . ^_^

Charlize

United Airlines

Post by Charlize » Tue, 11 Apr 2006 2:33 pm

Hi Brownspecs,

I guess I wasnt selected though successful in the interview is because i m not an ex-crew.

When i went for the interview, i was one of the two who dont have flying experience. The rest were either ex-crew or current air stewardness. But it was indeed an experience to been through the interview process. All the best to you ya.... *hugz*

cheezeflan

Post by cheezeflan » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 8:49 pm

Hi brownspects,

I heard from a friend who got in to UA that although you are offered a training, it's not a confirm thing that you'll get through. It depends on your reference check, ua has the rights not to employ a person if reference check is unsatisfactory regardless of whether you passed the third round of interview or offered training.

Also, she told me that ua will call previous airline to check on medical leave taken during years of service, as they will reject those with high mc rate.

How true is that? sounds like its not as simple as getting through the final round of interview.

brownspecs

Post by brownspecs » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 9:07 pm

cheezeflan wrote:Hi brownspects,

I heard from a friend who got in to UA that although you are offered a training, it's not a confirm thing that you'll get through. It depends on your reference check, ua has the rights not to employ a person if reference check is unsatisfactory regardless of whether you passed the third round of interview or offered training.

Also, she told me that ua will call previous airline to check on medical leave taken during years of service, as they will reject those with high mc rate.

How true is that? sounds like its not as simple as getting through the final round of interview.
I am not too sure. Did u get in?

cheezeflan

Post by cheezeflan » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:09 pm

I wish I get, I applied online but receive no email and calls for interview till today

QuietStorm

Post by QuietStorm » Thu, 20 Apr 2006 6:20 pm

i heard e new UA crew's pay is like those low budget airline... anyone can clarify on tis?
Humans make mistakes, but they make silly mistakes...