Singapore Expats Forum

Japan Airlines

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
marj_kee
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu, 17 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby marj_kee » Wed, 12 Jul 2006 5:25 pm

emiko08 wrote:[other few tips is
5. japanese REALLY care about complexion. so, from now till you receive your interview letter, drink LOTS of water. maybe about 3L-4L a day.


Yups, lots of water is good. But don't drink too much water before going to bed, else you'll get eye bags the next morning :o

User avatar
mooks
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat, 08 Jul 2006

Postby mooks » Wed, 12 Jul 2006 7:10 pm

sharkie8480 wrote:no swimming or confidence test. You don't really have to swim at all even during training.
During 3rd round, they will take u to a room to check your arms and legs for scars and tattoos.


Visible scars on the legs and arms rite? Does the JAL uniform cover the knees?

User avatar
emiko08
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 342
Joined: Sun, 29 May 2005
Location: Japan
Contact:

Postby emiko08 » Wed, 12 Jul 2006 7:20 pm

mooks wrote:Visible scars on the legs and arms rite? Does the JAL uniform cover the knees?


Just touches the knee.

User avatar
Matt10
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2006

Postby Matt10 » Wed, 12 Jul 2006 7:26 pm

How does JAL uniform looks like huh?

I seen some Japanese crew at the airport and i seen 3 different ones.

A jacket, scarf ard neck, skirt.(i saw on TV)

A cardigan over a white long sleeve blouse, skirt. (i saw in airport)

A vest(sleeveless), white short sleeve blouse, skirt(saw at airport)


care to tell me are they different ranks or whatsoever? :D

User avatar
emiko08
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 342
Joined: Sun, 29 May 2005
Location: Japan
Contact:

Postby emiko08 » Wed, 12 Jul 2006 7:28 pm

Matt10 wrote:How does JAL uniform looks like huh?

I seen some Japanese crew at the airport and i seen 3 different ones.

A jacket, scarf ard neck, skirt.(i saw on TV)

A cardigan over a white long sleeve blouse, skirt. (i saw in airport)

A vest(sleeveless), white short sleeve blouse, skirt(saw at airport)


care to tell me are they different ranks or whatsoever? :D


this one ask sharkie :P

Colleen
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed, 28 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Colleen » Wed, 12 Jul 2006 9:30 pm

Matt10 wrote:How does JAL uniform looks like huh?

I seen some Japanese crew at the airport and i seen 3 different ones.

A jacket, scarf ard neck, skirt.(i saw on TV)

A cardigan over a white long sleeve blouse, skirt. (i saw in airport)

A vest(sleeveless), white short sleeve blouse, skirt(saw at airport)


care to tell me are they different ranks or whatsoever? :D


Hi Matt10,

JAL crews wear black knee length skirt, short sleeve white blouse, black vest, black jacket and come along with a scarf around neck..

Mmm... You may like to take a look at e url below to get an idea of how it looks like.. Hope it helps.. :)

http://www.jal.com/ja/saiyo/apply/career/cabin.html

MDF
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 12 Jul 2006

Postby MDF » Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:06 pm

Just to add on...

They usually wears jacket during winter and vest during summer.
But its afterall crews' preference.

User avatar
mooks
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat, 08 Jul 2006

Postby mooks » Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:53 pm

emiko08 wrote:oh! its me again :o

some have PM me asking me about scars, blemishes, acne on face and legs etc

best is put some leg spray if it is on your legs. what i have heard is they look closely thoroughly. japan sells these type of leg spray but i don't know about Singapore. may look uneven, but it is better if you conceal than leave it alone.

jal do wear stockings. so i don't know why they are so concern about body scars. maybe sharkie would like to answer this query. :P

don't worry about these actually. the more you worry, the more stress you are. then the more pimples will grow!!! :P


When they check, do they check with ur stockings on, or they require u to take them off?

Also, I tot we're supposed to wear skirts, not pants during the interviews? With black stockings?

By the way, I went to take the 4R pix today at a neighborhood studio. Forgot to bring a blazer/jacket. Ended up taking a pix wearing shirt with a skirt. Is it ok? And I did not tie or bun up my hair as it made my face look big and round. So ugly!! Just let my hair down and made doubly sure it's nice and neat. It's ok rite?

User avatar
emiko08
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 342
Joined: Sun, 29 May 2005
Location: Japan
Contact:

Postby emiko08 » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:24 am

Hello Mooks.
I think Sharkie would agree with me if I say you are worrying too much :P

I am able to answer your questions now as my JAL friend (japanese) is beside me.

She said that there is no requirement whether to wear skirt or pants for interview.
note: when she went for interview, she wore mini skirt for 1st interview and jeans for 2nd interview :o

Yes, it is ok if you give a picture wearing shirt with skirt.
note: when my friend sent in her photo, she did not tie her hair either. but during the interview, they asked her to bundle up her hair just to see how she looks like.

Quieter
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 30 Jun 2006

must i hv perfect eyesight?

Postby Quieter » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:51 am

hello! hope someone could help. it is stated in the requirement that FA needs to hv perfect eyesight. is it a must or contact lens is allowed?

User avatar
emiko08
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 342
Joined: Sun, 29 May 2005
Location: Japan
Contact:

Re: must i hv perfect eyesight?

Postby emiko08 » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 1:00 am

Quieter wrote:hello! hope someone could help. it is stated in the requirement that FA needs to hv perfect eyesight. is it a must or contact lens is allowed?


contact lens is OK, but degree must not be too high. you must be able to see some even without contact lens.

User avatar
mooks
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat, 08 Jul 2006

Postby mooks » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 1:32 am

emiko08 wrote:Hello Mooks.
I think Sharkie would agree with me if I say you are worrying too much :P

I am able to answer your questions now as my JAL friend (japanese) is beside me.

She said that there is no requirement whether to wear skirt or pants for interview.
note: when she went for interview, she wore mini skirt for 1st interview and jeans for 2nd interview :o

Yes, it is ok if you give a picture wearing shirt with skirt.
note: when my friend sent in her photo, she did not tie her hair either. but during the interview, they asked her to bundle up her hair just to see how she looks like.


Hee!! Thx loads emiko!! It's my first airline interview thingy so abit more blur abt things.. Thx for clearing things up tho sharkie and u!!

But i rmb someone mentioning that if casually dressed for the interview, there's almost no chance of getting the position. So must wear biz attire.. But ur fren gt thru wearing mini skirt and jeans.. Hmmm..

User avatar
emiko08
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 342
Joined: Sun, 29 May 2005
Location: Japan
Contact:

Postby emiko08 » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 1:48 am

mooks wrote:But i rmb someone mentioning that if casually dressed for the interview, there's almost no chance of getting the position. So must wear biz attire.. But ur fren gt thru wearing mini skirt and jeans.. Hmmm..


This one I don't know. you have to ask Sharkie about what she wore on the interview.

but the outline is like that:
1st interview: height and introduction (group of 5)
2nd interview: one to one interview
3rd interview: check body? not sure about this
-tea with management (there is elimination here)
then finally, sign contract

yes, it is good if you wear business attire. it means you are showing respect to the interviewer and also to the interview. STILL, it doesn't mean if you wear nice, they'll pull you through. other words, it doesn't mean if you wear something not nice, they'd not pull you through.

like i said, it all depends whether they like your face :P

just be confident but not over confident :)

sana
Regular
Regular
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed, 28 Jun 2006

Postby sana » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 9:01 am

thx emiko & sharkie for all your help !!!

User avatar
emiko08
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 342
Joined: Sun, 29 May 2005
Location: Japan
Contact:

Postby emiko08 » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:16 am

any questions about cutoms etc just ask :P

my pleasure to help~


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests