Singapore Expats Forum

Have anyone really cheated death before !! Have You?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Have anyone really cheated death before !! Have You?

Postby Scorpion » Fri, 17 Mar 2006 2:02 pm

If you cheat death will it come back looking for you like in the movie Final Destination? Are some people destined to die?

After watching the all the Final Destination , got so many questions to think on the superstitious thoughts.Some cases about the 9/11 survivor makes to think much harder

:( The Times magazine had reported that Mr.Marshall one of the victims of the Staten Island ferry crash was a 9/11 survivor, :( Another 9/11 survior frankie chu who died of SARS, while traveling to Beijing on a business trip should have been in the building reported by CNN, Hongkong.

Image.... Have anyone really cheated death before . :twisted: :P
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Another 1

Postby Scorpion » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:04 am

Surviors from tsunami tragedy. CNN, Singapore on 29 December 2004.

Martin Maussner and his family were airlifted by helicopter from Unawatuna, a small fishing village on the southern coast of Sri Lanka. Though not seriously injured, the children were visibly shaken.

Ms Nathalie Jacob Maussner said: "They were scared, they did not want to live alone and 'please mama, wake me up, the big wave is coming' and they have also got vomitting, and they are cold and tired, and they just want to rest now."

Second year Engineering undergraduate Oozie Koo and 22 others were part of a marine conservation project on Surin Island. They had extended their stay to go diving at the Similans but the expedition was called off five minutes before they hit the waters.

"We heard from the dive master that the diving was cancelled. At first we were initially puzzled and eventually when we heard what happened, we were quite worried," he said.

The Lee family, who were also at the Similans, felt they cheated death.
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 3:15 am

All people are destined to die. After a disaster the death rate amongst surviors will be higher anyway, because of shock, infection, depression and anger.

I think all other deaths of surviors soon after the event can be put down to those things, or chance. I don't think there's anything supernatural about it. Sorry.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 8:48 am

Bubbles wrote:All people are destined to die. .

:-k

'nuff said Image

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Postby tiki » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:25 pm

Yes...

but not mine.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Postby Scorpion » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:28 pm

tiki wrote:Yes...

but not mine.

Have u ever ?? :shock:

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Postby tiki » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:31 pm

Scorpion wrote:
tiki wrote:Yes...

but not mine.

Have u ever ?? :shock:

....happened on a shift, someone fell off the platform, knocked out cold. Dove in, kept his head above water....

...death did a U-turn.
'If you feel alive

in a darkened room

Do you know the name

of your solitude..'

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:38 pm

Tki you hero! =D>
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Postby tiki » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:43 pm

Awww shucks :oops: :oops: :oops:
'If you feel alive

in a darkened room

Do you know the name

of your solitude..'

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

great

Postby Scorpion » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 1:03 pm

tiki wrote:....happened on a shift, someone fell off the platform, knocked out cold. Dove in, kept his head above water....

...death did a U-turn.

=D> =D>

coarls

Postby coarls » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 2:01 pm

Got shot before...stray bullet on the side of my stomach...soft side but the bullet didn't go through never detected in the x-ray...
Ad astra per aspera...

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

ok

Postby Scorpion » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 3:01 pm

coarls wrote:Got shot before...stray bullet on the side of my stomach...soft side but the bullet didn't go through never detected in the x-ray...

r u k now?? :roll:

coarls

Re: ok

Postby coarls » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 3:07 pm

Scorpion wrote:
coarls wrote:Got shot before...stray bullet on the side of my stomach...soft side but the bullet didn't go through never detected in the x-ray...

r u k now?? :roll:

yup..man of steel.. :wink: bullet was never found...just got a small gouged hole on my side..hehehe..

also, broke my collar bone once on a ball game...until now the torn off bone is protruding up on my shoulder...ouch...it will never be back as it was...but the doc never put any screws or metal plate to patch them up...
Ad astra per aspera...