Singapore Expats

Bringing Mobile from Home

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
comingfromMX

Bringing Mobile from Home

Post by comingfromMX » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 11:53 am

Looking for some advice...I will be relocating shortly and I'm planning to take my mobile phone with me as I just recently bought it (Motorola V3).

Back here we have GSM technology which I know it's the same as Singapore...question is would it be easy to get my overseas phone working here? I recall reading somewhere in the forum that some phones need to be unlocked, if this is the case is it possible to get it unlocked somewhere is Singapore?

Thanks

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Baron Greenback » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:33 pm

It is quite easy - when you get here look for one of the many stalls you see in the "heartlands" (local housing area) where you will see guys selling second hand phones. As they buy & sell phones of different types they have to make sure that they are unlocked & will charge around $20.

Or I am sure you can go to a motorola shop & see if they can do it for you as well.

It shouldn't be a problem :)
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Post by madwolfie » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:35 pm

Hello moto! I should think the Motorola shop would be able to help you with this too :)

comingfromMX

Post by comingfromMX » Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:06 am

Thanks!!!