Singapore Expats Forum

Leather sandals denied entry into Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

smell like belacan

Leather sandals denied entry into Singapore

Postby smell like belacan » Tue, 14 Mar 2006 5:21 pm

I purchased leather sandals from a US online shop and when they were shipped to Singapore, they were denied entry most likely because, according to the seller, it was leather.
I have bought leather and suede boots from the US and no such problem occured but I can't recall if the sellers did or did not state they were leather. It is interesting that leather footwear and perhaps other accesories cannot enter Singapore. But what I'm more concerned is whether the seller could just omit 'leather' and state the footwear type instead.
So would it be ok if I ask the seller to simply state the package as sandals? The seller is now concerned about omitting the information. Urrgh! I had to wait for nearly 2 months because of this problem. (I do really wish the seller had just stated sandals or slippers... that would have saved me so much waiting and trouble.)

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Tue, 14 Mar 2006 7:01 pm

This has Vaucluse written all over it...

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 14 Mar 2006 8:01 pm

It's my new business venture. Belacan leisure footwear.

Umm, [-X got nuthin' to do with me.

'nuff said Image