Singapore Expats Forum

Which other airlines?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Postby chai ching » Wed, 22 Mar 2006 1:40 pm

Sorry. May i know whats their website? Is it www.cathaypacific.com?
Thank you so much again! Hmm.... call them up is that a good idea? Roughly do you know how long did they recruit for Flight Attendants? Is it frequently, once a month, once a week or what?

donno wrote:I think you just go to their website and call their HR department in HK. Its okay, overseas call to HK is not much..

BTW, last year, during the school holidays, Cathay Pacific had a programme opened to all young Singaporeans such as JC, polytechnic and University(above 18) students to join their cabin crew programme.

However, they need to pay some amount of money. In that programme, these Singaporeans will learn everything about being a flight attendant of CX. They have mock flight for them and the participants had their photo taken wearing the uniform.

This programme is also available to other countries such as Malaysia and Indonesia.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Postby chai ching » Wed, 22 Mar 2006 2:50 pm

Oh ya by the way, can i ask? Is it that your friend apply CX then straightaway can get in? Or need to wait to be shortlisted? Is it very easy to apply and get selected? Just curious so i ask you.

donno wrote:I think you just go to their website and call their HR department in HK. Its okay, overseas call to HK is not much..

BTW, last year, during the school holidays, Cathay Pacific had a programme opened to all young Singaporeans such as JC, polytechnic and University(above 18) students to join their cabin crew programme.

However, they need to pay some amount of money. In that programme, these Singaporeans will learn everything about being a flight attendant of CX. They have mock flight for them and the participants had their photo taken wearing the uniform.

This programme is also available to other countries such as Malaysia and Indonesia.

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Postby donno » Wed, 22 Mar 2006 3:36 pm

Oh, that time she told me she applied for Cathay Pacific few months ago via internet. The recruitment wasnt advertised on the newspaper.
She did called Cathay Pacific in Hongkong.

About 3 months later, she received an email from CX. She thought she wouldnt get it and she was surprised. So, she had her 1st interview in Singapore. According to her, there were very few applicants during the interview in SIngapore.

A couple of days later, Cathay asked her to attend another interview in Hongkong. She flew there using her OWN MONEY AND BOUGHT HER OWN AIR TICKET.

Luckily, she passed the rounds of interview in HK which was simpler than SIA. So, she went to training. HAlf in HK, another half in Singapore.

Well, I'm not sure about now. Maybe they have different system. But i'm sure they still recruit Singaporeans.

I hope anyone who is a current flight attendant or a ex CX crew, please come forward to tell us more about the application process.
10 April 2006

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Paige » Wed, 22 Mar 2006 4:21 pm

chai ching wrote:Oh ya by the way, can i ask? Is it that your friend apply CX then straightaway can get in? Or need to wait to be shortlisted? Is it very easy to apply and get selected? Just curious so i ask you.

Hi Chai ching,

juz fyi..
well.. I had emailed CX a couple of months ago asking them whether do they recruit Singaporeans? They just replied to me.. that as long as that person have Right of Abode in Hong Kong or is a Hong Kong PR, they will recruit. It doesn't matter whether are u Singaporean or other nationalities, as long as u have the Hong Kong citizenship, they will consider your application.
Well... you can still email and ask them again? as their requirements might change in these few months?

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Postby chai ching » Wed, 22 Mar 2006 7:25 pm

Really luckily that your manage to get in for her interview at HongKong. If she fail for her interview at HK. That will be a waste for her that need her to pay for your own money and own ticket. Partly is that your friend is lucky. Thats why maybe she is able to get in. Happy for your friend.

Sorry. May i ask you? How come you are not applying that time also when your friend tell you this?

donno wrote:Oh, that time she told me she applied for Cathay Pacific few months ago via internet. The recruitment wasnt advertised on the newspaper.
She did called Cathay Pacific in Hongkong.

About 3 months later, she received an email from CX. She thought she wouldnt get it and she was surprised. So, she had her 1st interview in Singapore. According to her, there were very few applicants during the interview in SIngapore.

A couple of days later, Cathay asked her to attend another interview in Hongkong. She flew there using her OWN MONEY AND BOUGHT HER OWN AIR TICKET.

Luckily, she passed the rounds of interview in HK which was simpler than SIA. So, she went to training. HAlf in HK, another half in Singapore.

Well, I'm not sure about now. Maybe they have different system. But i'm sure they still recruit Singaporeans.

I hope anyone who is a current flight attendant or a ex CX crew, please come forward to tell us more about the application process.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Postby chai ching » Wed, 22 Mar 2006 7:28 pm

Yup ok. I will go and try apply for it. Wait to see whether will they reply me back or send me an email? Thank you so much! You are such a great help. :D

Paige wrote:
chai ching wrote:Oh ya by the way, can i ask? Is it that your friend apply CX then straightaway can get in? Or need to wait to be shortlisted? Is it very easy to apply and get selected? Just curious so i ask you.

Hi Chai ching,

juz fyi..
well.. I had emailed CX a couple of months ago asking them whether do they recruit Singaporeans? They just replied to me.. that as long as that person have Right of Abode in Hong Kong or is a Hong Kong PR, they will recruit. It doesn't matter whether are u Singaporean or other nationalities, as long as u have the Hong Kong citizenship, they will consider your application.
Well... you can still email and ask them again? as their requirements might change in these few months?

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Postby donno » Thu, 23 Mar 2006 10:43 am

I didnt apply at that time because I had not done my NS. Sob sob...
10 April 2006