Singapore Expats Forum

Which other airlines?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Tattooed

Which other airlines?

Postby Tattooed » Tue, 14 Mar 2006 4:13 pm

Apart from SQ, Silkair, JetStar and Tiger Airway, which other airlines can we try out for being a FA?

Tattooed
I want you to close your eyes and fall into a deep trance. When I count to 3, you will wake up and be mine.

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: Which other airlines?

Postby Plavt » Tue, 14 Mar 2006 5:06 pm

Tattooed wrote:Apart from SQ, Silkair, JetStar and Tiger Airway, which other airlines can we try out for being a FA?

Tattooed

Try other airlines.
:lol: :lol:

Plavt.

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Postby tiki » Tue, 14 Mar 2006 5:11 pm

You can try all you want but first you gotta ask yourself, are you qualified enough...

.. and that my friend is the bottomline.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

simply_me

Postby simply_me » Tue, 14 Mar 2006 6:55 pm

Tattooed wrote:Apart from SQ, Silkair, JetStar and Tiger Airway, which other airlines can we try out for being a FA?

Tattooed

qatar airways...emirates...always conducting walk-interview...dunno when will be the next... :)

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 14 Mar 2006 7:54 pm

tiki wrote:You can try all you want but first you gotta ask yourself, are you qualified enough...

Worsd of wisdom whihc will be completely ignored and replaced by questions about acne, nailpolish and if a kindergarten certificate is enough education.

'nuff said Image

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Tue, 14 Mar 2006 8:06 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
tiki wrote:You can try all you want but first you gotta ask yourself, are you qualified enough...

Worsd of wisdom whihc will be completely ignored and replaced by questions about acne, nailpolish and if a kindergarten certificate is enough education.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Postby chai ching » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 2:33 pm

Emirates just have their walk in interview on 04 March 2006. While Qatar also do have their walk in on 05 March 2006. So i guess Emirates they will only recruit Sep 2006 again. Thats just my assuming only. Cuz i just attend their walk in interview for Emirates, but didnt get selected. So those who are unsuccessful, have to reapply again for six months time again. As for Qatar, i think they will recruit again. But just have to look out for their website and look for more infor.

simply_me wrote:

Tattooed

qatar airways...emirates...always conducting walk-interview...dunno when will be the next... :)

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Postby donno » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 4:50 pm

Last month, I was at Changi Airport terminal 1. I saw a Malay stewardess (which I assume to be a Singaporean) alight from a taxi at the departure hall. She wasnt wearing Cathay Pacific, JAL, Emirates, Tiger Airways, Jet Airways, Valuair, Jetstar Asia, United or Qatar uniform. She is quite young and I think she is 23 year-old. I am not sure what airline is that.

I think there are some few others airlines that recruit Singaporeans. So, I guess we need to do more research on airlines so we will know which one recruit Singaporeans.

Last year, I also saw a Malay stewardess Brunei Airline at Simei HDB estate wearing the uniform. I assume that she is local.
10 April 2006

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Postby tiki » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 5:21 pm

Best way to know when the next recruitment drive is for any airlines...

..is to wait for the advert to appear in the papers.

Do not assume that if a certain airline have their recruitment today, they won't be conducting another, next week or next month. There is no such thing...

trust me.
'If you feel alive

in a darkened room

Do you know the name

of your solitude..'

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Postby chai ching » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 5:36 pm

Yup you are right. Totally agree with you. Best way and the only way we can just do is to wait for advertisement to appear in the papers. Even if we just assume also no use. Maybe there will be a lot of different airlines which are recruiting Singaporean. So we need patience and wait for the papers to appear for the advertisements. :lol:

tiki wrote:Best way to know when the next recruitment drive is for any airlines...

..is to wait for the advert to appear in the papers.

Do not assume that if a certain airline have their recruitment today, they won't be conducting another, next week or next month. There is no such thing...

trust me.

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Postby donno » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 8:26 pm

You dont really have to look out at the newspaper for ad on recruitment.
A friend of mine applied Cathay Pacific 2 years ago although it says it is open to PR or HongKong citizens only. And, she got in.

It wasnt on the newspaper but the internet.
10 April 2006

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Postby chai ching » Wed, 22 Mar 2006 9:14 am

Thats right. I also know that Cathay Pacific also can apply. I ever go to their website and see. They are also saying only PR or Hong Kong can apply. But when i try to click apply online, i think they need some information which i dont know how to fill up. May i know, dont mind can help me ask your friends?

How did she apply? Is she still in Sin now?

donno wrote:You dont really have to look out at the newspaper for ad on recruitment.
A friend of mine applied Cathay Pacific 2 years ago although it says it is open to PR or HongKong citizens only. And, she got in.

It wasnt on the newspaper but the internet.

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Postby donno » Wed, 22 Mar 2006 9:45 am

Okay sure, i'll try asking her. Since she is based in HK, it is hard for me to meet her. So it takes time for me to ask.
10 April 2006

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Postby chai ching » Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:41 am

Then really thank you so much. Its all right. I know that it need to take time. Never mind, if she's still in sin, then you ask her. If she's in HK, then wait for her to be back then ask her also can. So at the moment, i wont go to their website yet is it.

donno wrote:Okay sure, i'll try asking her. Since she is based in HK, it is hard for me to meet her. So it takes time for me to ask.

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Postby donno » Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:51 am

I think you just go to their website and call their HR department in HK. Its okay, overseas call to HK is not much..

BTW, last year, during the school holidays, Cathay Pacific had a programme opened to all young Singaporeans such as JC, polytechnic and University(above 18) students to join their cabin crew programme.

However, they need to pay some amount of money. In that programme, these Singaporeans will learn everything about being a flight attendant of CX. They have mock flight for them and the participants had their photo taken wearing the uniform.

This programme is also available to other countries such as Malaysia and Indonesia.
10 April 2006