Japanese Restaurants In Singapore

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Post Reply
Princess_Cabbage
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 12:03 pm

Japanese Restaurants In Singapore

Post by Princess_Cabbage » Fri, 10 Mar 2006 4:54 pm

Hi,

Any recommendations for nice Japanese food in Singapore?
Budget is bout 30 bucks per person.

User avatar
sapphire
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2365
Joined: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 3:38 pm

Post by sapphire » Fri, 10 Mar 2006 5:04 pm

I quite liked Sushi Tei. I think now they have a branch in Paragon as well. Else you can go to Ngee Ann City on Orchard Road.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

User avatar
Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1579
Joined: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 7:38 am
Location: Bedford Falls

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Fri, 10 Mar 2006 5:14 pm

While we're on the subject, can anyone recomment a Japanese Hibachi restaurant? Where the chef cooks it in front of you and you sit around the hibachi grill?

User avatar
beantown_boy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 1:57 pm

Re: Japanese Restaurants In Singapore

Post by beantown_boy » Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:07 am

Princess_Cabbage wrote:Hi,

Any recommendations for nice Japanese food in Singapore?
Budget is bout 30 bucks per person.
Out of the sushi train restaurants I prefer Genki sushi (forum, Marina square). There's also quite a good Japanese BBQ place in Chijmes. It's only open for dinner though

koyuli
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 942
Joined: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 3:45 am

Post by koyuli » Mon, 13 Mar 2006 1:44 am

hi princess cabbage,

was wondering if you are looking at only conveyor belt sushi only?
if not, you can try this :

Shima Aji
my japanese friends and i have enjoyed the food here..
individual preference, no gurrantee if it will be of your likings too =)
http://www.colours.com.sg/shima-aji.htm

if you are looking at ramen with sushi and other side-dishes,
you can also consider :

Suki Ramen
@Orchard Cineleisure #04-01
Ramen from $6.90 ~ $8+
Side dish from $1.90 ~ $4+
10% discount for HSBC credit card holders

*note NOT Suki Sushi @ #04-02*
Although they are subsidaries and 'neighbours', the food quality are of fair bit difference.

another option for your consideration would be :

Ichiban Boshi
http://www.res.com.sg/ichiban_boshi_aboutus.htm

quite a wide range of selection for ala-carte menu.
the last visit i had 3 regular 'plate' from the conveyor belt + 1 teriyaki salmon set dinner
+ 1 drink and the bill includ tax falls neatly approx. $30 =)

hope it helps! =)
Princess_Cabbage wrote:Hi,

Any recommendations for nice Japanese food in Singapore?
Budget is bout 30 bucks per person.

fx8fx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 6:58 pm

Post by fx8fx » Sat, 18 Mar 2006 2:40 pm

koyuli wrote:hi princess cabbage,

was wondering if you are looking at only conveyor belt sushi only?
if not, you can try this :

Shima Aji
my japanese friends and i have enjoyed the food here..
individual preference, no gurrantee if it will be of your likings too =)
http://www.colours.com.sg/shima-aji.htm

if you are looking at ramen with sushi and other side-dishes,
you can also consider :

Suki Ramen
@Orchard Cineleisure #04-01
Ramen from $6.90 ~ $8+
Side dish from $1.90 ~ $4+
10% discount for HSBC credit card holders

*note NOT Suki Sushi @ #04-02*
Although they are subsidaries and 'neighbours', the food quality are of fair bit difference.

another option for your consideration would be :

Ichiban Boshi
http://www.res.com.sg/ichiban_boshi_aboutus.htm

quite a wide range of selection for ala-carte menu.
the last visit i had 3 regular 'plate' from the conveyor belt + 1 teriyaki salmon set dinner
+ 1 drink and the bill includ tax falls neatly approx. $30 =)

hope it helps! =)
Princess_Cabbage wrote:Hi,

Any recommendations for nice Japanese food in Singapore?
Budget is bout 30 bucks per person.
Hi any buffet ? I just like oysters, sashimi only ,hehe

Jani
Regular
Regular
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 1:53 pm

Post by Jani » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 9:27 am

try Ikor at miramar hotel?
we are going on 1st of april

need to book 2-4 weeks in advance

it's buffet..about $30++ per pax

diu6er
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 1:19 am

Many

Post by diu6er » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:48 am

actually ,theres quite no. of jap rest in sing., but the authetic few

OJ_in_SG
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:58 am
Location: City

Post by OJ_in_SG » Wed, 22 Mar 2006 8:42 am

:D Yummy Japanese food that's great quality & good prices is @ WARAKU Japanese Restaurant. The locations that I know of are Cuppage Centre & then by East Coast Park. Do try their on table grilled meats covered in this miso-like paste. Yums.. it'll go into ur budget of $30 per person. Hope u'll try it out :)
O-J

"Squeeze up a fresh one in the morning"

fx8fx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 6:58 pm

Post by fx8fx » Wed, 22 Mar 2006 1:54 pm

OJ_in_SG wrote::D Yummy Japanese food that's great quality & good prices is @ WARAKU Japanese Restaurant. The locations that I know of are Cuppage Centre & then by East Coast Park. Do try their on table grilled meats covered in this miso-like paste. Yums.. it'll go into ur budget of $30 per person. Hope u'll try it out :)
Yes, I heard this name also from some friends :)
Looks like there is a branch at Airport

hanriktan
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 9:10 am

Post by hanriktan » Thu, 23 Mar 2006 1:15 pm

hi,

you can try Shima at Goodwood Park Hotel, "tokinchi" @ suntec, and the one in Liang Court basement, good for its ramen..

maybe you can try :)

User avatar
Jun
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1170
Joined: Wed, 11 May 2005 2:35 pm
Location: Dreamland

Post by Jun » Sat, 25 Mar 2006 10:27 am

Hi,

correct me if i'm wrong, tonkichi got another branch at Ngee Ann City, right? near the Tower A.

Koyuli, the suki ramen you talking about is it the place with tenpura fries? :)

Loves sushi tei :D

have a great weekend
Happiness is a daily decision.

User avatar
Dianthus
Member
Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 10:38 pm
Location: Sweden

Post by Dianthus » Sun, 26 Mar 2006 8:50 pm

Hard to get good Japanese for $30 esp if it is to include sushi/sashimi.
Think these are good:

* Shinbashi at Paragon - Soba (buckwheat noodle) restaurant
* Miharu at Robertson Quay - Ramen noodle shop
* I don't consider any of belt conveyor sushi restaurants are good here but the one at Takashimaya basement which is run by Ajisen isn't that bad.
* Tonkichi (yes there are several places: Suntec, Isetan, Ngee Ann City etc) & Ton Ton at Meidi-ya are - Pork cutlet restaurants

Can't think of other places for the budget for now ..
Japanese food is so expensive and sadly many cheaper ones are very much localised. :(

Enjoy!!

User avatar
James**
Regular
Regular
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 1:15 pm

Post by James** » Sun, 26 Mar 2006 10:39 pm

There's Hanabi, located somewhere in King's Arcade before Coronation Plaza, its ala carte buffet about $30++ per head.. :)

hanriktan
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 9:10 am

Post by hanriktan » Mon, 27 Mar 2006 3:31 pm

Hi,

correct me if i'm wrong, tonkichi got another branch at Ngee Ann City, right? near the Tower A.
I still prefer the one in Suntec.. the staff there is nicer :P

[/quote]

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Entertainment, Leisure & Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests