Singapore Expats

To All New Mums

Do you have any pregnancy related queries to ask or share? Post them here.
LoveBug

To All New Mums

Post by LoveBug » Fri, 10 Mar 2006 4:47 pm

Hey there,

To all the new mothers, firstly...congratulations! And secondly, I need your help.

My husband and I have been in Singapore for one whole week. A week before we left from Shanghai I found out I was 6 weeks pregnant.

I am hoping that all you new mums, particularly the expat mothers, can help me by providing me with recommendations for obstetricians, hospitals, newly pregnant womens groups and prenatal classes.

I would be truly greatful for any information you can provide me. It would help me get off to a flying start in a new country.

Thank you for your time and help.

Cheers :D

jocelynglc

help

Post by jocelynglc » Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:36 pm

hi there,

I am not a mum but have been working with the infants for abt 4 years.I am a nurse by profession as well as a senior educator in a childcare. I could give u some suggstion if you like. The hopsital you can try will be Thomson medical, Mount Alvernia and Mount elizabeth.My husband is a physician,if you want anyone in particular,he could reommend you. if yu need any further help,contact me at [email protected]

Jocelyn

jacqster

Post by jacqster » Sun, 12 Mar 2006 3:39 pm

Hi there.

I go to an obstetrician at Gleneagles - Dr KK CHow - he is really good and very calming!

I have discovered a centre called 'mother and child' at Tanglin Mall. They run antenatal classes and also pre and post natal yoga sessions. I haven't been to any yet but am going to try out the yoga sessions in a couple of Saturdays time. The timings of their sessions are pretty good - some in the daytime, some in the evening and some on a Saturday so there is something to suit working and non-working mums-to be.

Hope this info helps. I'm only just finding my way with being a first time mum too as I am only 12 weeks pregnant.

Let me know if you get any other good info! :D

LoveBug

Thank you

Post by LoveBug » Tue, 14 Mar 2006 2:10 pm

To Jocelynylc and Jacqstar,

Thank you very much for replying to my post. I was beginning to think there was noone out there willing to put forward their recommendations or help out a 'newbie'.

I have found Sue Meadow at Parent Link to be very helpful. As soon as I get more information Jacqstar I will be sure to post it or send it to you in a personal message.

Thank you again...kind regards :D

jacqster

Post by jacqster » Wed, 15 Mar 2006 6:25 pm

Thanks a lot LoveBug! I have just checked out the Parent Link website and found it very useful. Perhaps I will try to attend some of their classes.
Hope everything is going well for you. :D