Singapore Expats

TigerAir is Recruiting Cabin Crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Bafana

Post by Bafana » Wed, 08 Mar 2006 9:09 pm

Plavt wrote:
Bafana wrote: Man o man there are a few shockers running around :???:
You are one of them! :D :D
LOL Splat - The run in your stockings is showing.
Be Like Water

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Wed, 08 Mar 2006 9:12 pm

queenie-me wrote:
Bafana wrote:Can we get all the good looking ones to apply for Tiger this time.

Man o man there are a few shockers running around :???:
How good-looking do you want them to be?
Good-looking doesn't mean they are well being enough for the job.
[YOU MIGHT NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT...]
But for your info, not all SIA stewardess are GOOD-LOOKING either. Some of them have square face, flabby arms, small eyes, over-lapping teeth and stuck-up ATTITUDE. [As on how I experience at the training center]
Your dead right.

And even though it hurst I have to agree with Splat in that it is personality that counts - A person can only be so good looking but they are nothign with a great smile and personality to boot.

Thanks for setting me straight :cool:
Be Like Water

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Wed, 08 Mar 2006 10:04 pm

queenie-me wrote: It needs people who have great personality and the right attitude [doesn't need to be beautiful because the wonders of make-up are wonderful enough to cover some hideous faces to become beauties]][/b]
Queenie, does that explain the faces of the air-hostesses that I see on SIA flights (tongue-in-cheeck of course) :D ? Btw, you are very good with make-up and you look real pretty in your avatar :wink: .

Cheers to everyone and may you land the job of your dream.[/quote]

For your information, the only make-up i wore on that avatar is blusher and eye brow pencil.

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Wed, 08 Mar 2006 10:14 pm

Bafana wrote:
queenie-me wrote:
Bafana wrote:Can we get all the good looking ones to apply for Tiger this time.

Man o man there are a few shockers running around :???:
How good-looking do you want them to be?
Good-looking doesn't mean they are well being enough for the job.
[YOU MIGHT NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT...]
But for your info, not all SIA stewardess are GOOD-LOOKING either. Some of them have square face, flabby arms, small eyes, over-lapping teeth and stuck-up ATTITUDE. [As on how I experience at the training center]
Your dead right.

And even though it hurst I have to agree with Splat in that it is personality that counts - A person can only be so good looking but they are nothign with a great smile and personality to boot.

Thanks for setting me straight :cool:
yeah. PERSONALITY does count. But as for the stuck-up attitude, one SIA stewardess already prove me RIGHT. This incident happen JUST NOW:
She was driving in a red car with someone beside. A red plate weekend car was just right behind. My friend and I was waiting for someone to pick us up. We were talking about some girls around the area at the red plate weekend car. [WE HATE THEM!!] I was making this remark, "RED PLATE WEEKEND SUCKS" and there this SIA lady goes: are you talking about me? SERIOUSLY, WHY WOULD I WANT TO TALK ABOUT YOU? doesn't make sense. We were urging for awhile and I kept repeating myself about not talking about her. At last, she gave me a stuck-up look and got into her car. Yeah, as thou the whole urgement is my fault! WHATEVER...

one of my reasons why I don't want to be label as SQ-GIRL.
Now, I am having this feeling that SIA girls are just showing off to everybody that they are well-class and known.
Yeah, other airline Cabin Crew have the same job scope as them but so what they earn more. They will be kick off when they are old and wrinkle in the end...
Whats the moral of the story? NEVER EVER BE STUCK-UP LIKE THEM!

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 08 Mar 2006 10:51 pm

You have me wondering Queenie, I so often hear remarks made about SQ girls but the remarks are made by Singporeans. Why are they stuck up as singaporeans so often claim? I have not seen any evidence of this but of course I don't live in Singapore. The incident you quote above could be one of a million that could happen anywhere else so don't think of it as proof even if there is some antagonism of some sort going on.

Plavt.

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Wed, 08 Mar 2006 11:09 pm

I now wont fly long haul with SQ now unless it's a last resort.

In the past when I was flying between UK and Singapore on my own using SQ, the service was very good and it made the flight enjoyable. However, the last time I flew UK-Singapore with SQ, Mrs S was with me. My god what a change in attitude and service Mrs S and I got from the female FAs, stuck up is an under statement!

We took SQ last December to Singapore-Bangkok and the same thing happen but luckily it a relatively short flight.

Now you can all guess the reason for this complete change in attitude!

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Wed, 08 Mar 2006 11:42 pm

It's really no surprise actually coz some people are bound to be stuck ups. Not only as flight attendants but any other positions as well. Attitude and behavioural changes varies from individual. Sure I've seen stuck up flight attendants but there are still many nice ones. I know of a few who are with SQ and MI right now and they are really nice. So I believe it's really the individuality.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 11:24 am

Yup really thanks a lot! Also hoping that i will land the job and meet you soon. So that we can work together. By the way, you are a malay right.
Did you see that singapore girl, she send us a photo of how Tiger Air Cabin Crew uniform look like. Total there are four persons. Three are malays and one is chinese only. They also recruit malay girls. Is it true? Or any other nationalities also can. Please clear my doubt. Thank you so much again!
queenie-me wrote:
queenie-me wrote: It needs people who have great personality and the right attitude [doesn't need to be beautiful because the wonders of make-up are wonderful enough to cover some hideous faces to become beauties]][/b]
Queenie, does that explain the faces of the air-hostesses that I see on SIA flights (tongue-in-cheeck of course) :D ? Btw, you are very good with make-up and you look real pretty in your avatar :wink: .

Cheers to everyone and may you land the job of your dream.
For your information, the only make-up i wore on that avatar is blusher and eye brow pencil.[/quote]

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 11:28 am

chai ching wrote:They also recruit malay girls. Is it true? Or any other nationalities also can. Please clear my doubt. Thank you so much again!
What do you mean by that? As for nationalities wise, I'm sure as a LCC they only employ locals. As for races, it really don't matter, so long as you have the personality for the job.

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 11:57 am

chai ching wrote:Yup really thanks a lot! Also hoping that i will land the job and meet you soon. So that we can work together. By the way, you are a malay right.
Did you see that singapore girl, she send us a photo of how Tiger Air Cabin Crew uniform look like. Total there are four persons. Three are malays and one is chinese only. They also recruit malay girls. Is it true? Or any other nationalities also can. Please clear my doubt. Thank you so much again!
queenie-me wrote:

Cheers to everyone and may you land the job of your dream.
For your information, the only make-up i wore on that avatar is blusher and eye brow pencil.
[/quote]

Of course they will recruit malay. They will recruit singaporean or pr singaporean only. My batch have one thailand lady but she is pr singaporean. So, it doesn't matter

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 12:03 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:It's really no surprise actually coz some people are bound to be stuck ups. Not only as flight attendants but any other positions as well. Attitude and behavioural changes varies from individual. Sure I've seen stuck up flight attendants but there are still many nice ones. I know of a few who are with SQ and MI right now and they are really nice. So I believe it's really the individuality.
You might never know when they will be nasty to you. Like you say, "Attitude and behavioural changes varies from individual." But this lady is too much. One incident happen in the lift with a SIA girl, she have a long hair and she was talking to her friends. She was peeping what does my file says "Tiger Airways". And there she speaks even more louder and she tends to swing her head more. Twice her hair hit my face. I got angry and told her "Do you mind to keep your head straight".

WHAT A BIG SHOW-OFF.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 1:04 pm

What i mean is that i saw so many malay girls in the photo. Thats why im asking whether is it true that there got a mix nationalities. What is LCC stand and mean for? Yup you are right that as long you have the personality for this kind of job. surely there shouldnt be a problem.

singaporegrrl wrote:
chai ching wrote:They also recruit malay girls. Is it true? Or any other nationalities also can. Please clear my doubt. Thank you so much again!
What do you mean by that? As for nationalities wise, I'm sure as a LCC they only employ locals. As for races, it really don't matter, so long as you have the personality for the job.

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 1:12 pm

chai ching wrote:What i mean is that i saw so many malay girls in the photo. Thats why im asking whether is it true that there got a mix nationalities. What is LCC stand and mean for? Yup you are right that as long you have the personality for this kind of job. surely there shouldnt be a problem.
I am quite surprised because as a Singaporean, I'm sure you've heard of racial harmony many many times and of course there is a mix of different races. SQ and MI does too. LCC stands for Low Cost Carrier.

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Post by donno » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 3:06 pm

Quennie-me, can you tell roughly how much you are paid during the training??

And what's the pay for a confirmed cabin crew of Tiger Airways?
10 April 2006

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 3:19 pm

donno wrote:Quennie-me, can you tell roughly how much you are paid during the training??

And what's the pay for a confirmed cabin crew of Tiger Airways?
not much at all. about $300 during training.
after training gross salary could goes up to 2k. [depends how hard you work]