Singapore Expats Forum

TigerAir is Recruiting Cabin Crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

TigerAir is Recruiting Cabin Crew

Postby chai ching » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 4:56 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just for all of your infor. TigerAir has just advertise on Saturday Straits Times. Pls refer to the Saturday Straits Times. Although theirs also a low cost budget carrier and the pay is also very low. Same like JetStar Asia.

User avatar
donno
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed, 25 Jan 2006
Location: somewhere on Earth..

Postby donno » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 5:19 pm

This time they just mention Cabin Crew...nothing to do with female or stewardess..

Does this mean they take in Flight stewards as well??
10 April 2006

User avatar
madwolfie
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1526
Joined: Wed, 23 Feb 2005
Location: Mad's Lair

Postby madwolfie » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 5:47 pm

:shock: :???: :???:

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 6:26 pm

From what I know, TR does not have male cabin crew. I might be wrong though.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

User avatar
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed, 04 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby queenie-me » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 6:57 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:From what I know, TR does not have male cabin crew. I might be wrong though.


yes you are right... they do not recruit male cabin crew. [ONLY females onboard]

User avatar
donno
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed, 25 Jan 2006
Location: somewhere on Earth..

Postby donno » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 8:25 pm

Yes I know that TR doesnt have a flight steward because whenever TR is looking for crew, it says FEMALE CABIN CREW or FLIGHT STEWARDESS..

But this time it doesnt specify which gender..

I think male applicants should just give it a try or call the HR dept..
10 April 2006

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 11:36 pm

donno wrote:Yes I know that TR doesnt have a flight steward because whenever TR is looking for crew, it says FEMALE CABIN CREW or FLIGHT STEWARDESS..

But this time it doesnt specify which gender..

I think male applicants should just give it a try or call the HR dept..


In case you don't know, queenie-me is already with TR now. So I guess no use asking or 'just give it a try'?
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Tue, 07 Mar 2006 9:29 am

Really? I heard that you are now a working in a TigerAir as a Cabin Crew. Dont mind can tell us more about it and share it with us. How long have you join? Cuz i heard you have to pay your own expense & own meal. Somemore they also dont provide you luggage too. Roughly how much is the pay which you bring home?


queenie-me wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote:From what I know, TR does not have male cabin crew. I might be wrong though.


yes you are right... they do not recruit male cabin crew. [ONLY females onboard]

User avatar
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed, 04 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby queenie-me » Tue, 07 Mar 2006 10:54 am

chai ching wrote:Really? I heard that you are now a working in a TigerAir as a Cabin Crew. Dont mind can tell us more about it and share it with us. How long have you join? Cuz i heard you have to pay your own expense & own meal. Somemore they also dont provide you luggage too. Roughly how much is the pay which you bring home?


queenie-me wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote:From what I know, TR does not have male cabin crew. I might be wrong though.


yes you are right... they do not recruit male cabin crew. [ONLY females onboard]


No secrets! yes, no meal, pay own expenses. But almost every job in singapore is the same. For me, tiger airways is an experience for me. Right now, i am going thru the one month training at STC. Yes, they don't provide luggage [SIA don't provide luggage].

Roughly, it depends how hard you work. The more flight you do the more you get.

THEY ARE VERY STRICT WITH PUNCUALITY!!! Female candidates have to be at least 1.58cm [SHORTER then that will be sent home immediately]. Normally they are looking for younger girls, but just give it a try. You might never know!!! I think this time only 40 will make it.

Interview rounds are really simple:

1st round -
Introduction
Passage reading
Short conversation

2nd round -
Just sit and listen

3rd round -
trying of uniform
CONFIRM!!!

During first round, you got to be well spoken and should NOT be over confident or too quiet. Speak well when it comes to your turn.
If you have any more doubts, do let me know! gladly to answer your questions.

User avatar
Shreked
Regular
Regular
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed, 18 Jan 2006
Location: In The Air

Postby Shreked » Tue, 07 Mar 2006 11:57 am

I wonder how does the uniform for tigerair looks like.......

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Tue, 07 Mar 2006 12:12 pm

TR cabin crew uniform looks like this:

Image
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Tue, 07 Mar 2006 12:21 pm

Oh i see. Is this your first time working at TigerAir? Other than this airline, what other airline have you ever apply or have you been ask to go for an interview by them? By the way, i heard that TigerAir training is just one month only. Is it really true? Yup totally agree with you. Just treat it as a experience for us.

Though we have no other experience. But once we have gain the experience from other airline. That will noy be shouldnt a problem for us if we want to apply for other airlines. Am i right? But im now 23 already. I know that its really no harm for trying it.

But still also have to depend my luck also right to see whether will i be able to get selected and will they call me. How do you know that about 40 will make it? That mean when the 1st round interview finish. We will surely able to get in 2nd round interview or have to see our performance.

But if like say, for the 3rd round of trying uniform, what if some of them cant fit it in. Then how? Really sure that all of us are able to fit in the uniform?






queenie-me wrote:
chai ching wrote:Really? I heard that you are
now a working in a TigerAir as a Cabin Crew. Dont mind can tell us more about it and share it with us. How long have you join? Cuz i heard you have to pay your own expense & own meal. Somemore they also dont provide you luggage too. Roughly how much is the pay which you bring home?


queenie-me wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote:From what I know, TR does not have male cabin crew. I might be wrong though.


yes you are right... they do not recruit male cabin crew. [ONLY females onboard]


No secrets! yes, no meal, pay own expenses. But almost every job in singapore is the same. For me, tiger airways is an experience for me. Right now, i am going thru the one month training at STC. Yes, they don't provide luggage [SIA don't provide luggage].

Roughly, it depends how hard you work. The more flight you do the more you get.

THEY ARE VERY STRICT WITH PUNCUALITY!!! Female candidates have to be at least 1.58cm [SHORTER then that will be sent home immediately]. Normally they are looking for younger girls, but just give it a try. You might never know!!! I think this time only 40 will make it.

Interview rounds are really simple:

1st round -
Introduction
Passage reading
Short conversation

2nd round -
Just sit and listen

3rd round -
trying of uniform
CONFIRM!!!

During first round, you got to be well spoken and should NOT be over confident or too quiet. Speak well when it comes to your turn.
If you have any more doubts, do let me know! gladly to answer your questions.

User avatar
Bafana
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1393
Joined: Sun, 11 Apr 2004
Location: Singapore

Postby Bafana » Tue, 07 Mar 2006 12:57 pm

Can we get all the good looking ones to apply for Tiger this time.

Man o man there are a few shockers running around :???:
Be Like Water

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Tue, 07 Mar 2006 1:21 pm

I thought its a green colour uniform which they advertise it on TV ad for the McDonald. Do you know about this TV ad? Or its not their actual uniform colour. It should be the one which you have put it up for us to see. By the way, where do you get this picture from?



singaporegrrl wrote:TR cabin crew uniform looks like this:

Image

QuietStorm
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu, 02 Mar 2006
Location: "Little Thailand"
Contact:

Postby QuietStorm » Tue, 07 Mar 2006 1:28 pm

ita a pity they dun hire stewards. btw, wat is e maximum salary 1 can hit a month? how do they charge per trip?
Humans make mistakes, but they make silly mistakes...


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest