Singapore Expats Forum

Sending flowers overseas

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

myhairypod

Sending flowers overseas

Postby myhairypod » Sun, 05 Mar 2006 11:37 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and would appreciate it if you could help answer my question.

Does anyone have a florist in Singapore to recommend, which does overseas deliveries, specifically, to Japan? I'm thinking of sending a bouquet to a girl I like.

Also, if you're Japanese or have worked in Japan: Is it generally ok for girls to receive flowers at work or would it be frowned upon and considered unprofessional?

Thanks lots.

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Sun, 05 Mar 2006 11:44 pm

Japanese tend not to like surprises and you may find there are problems wtih sending flowers abroad. (e.g Australia issues fines against people bring in bananas as it can spread diseases).

Plavt.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 12:11 am

Plavt wrote:Japanese tend not to like surprises and you may find there are problems wtih sending flowers abroad. (e.g Australia issues fines against people bring in bananas as it can spread diseases).

Plavt.

Actually when you go to the local florist to order flowers 'ftp' the order is what is sent to a local florist where the flowers are to be delivered. They are not actually physically sent overseas.

Don't know about the Japanese thingy though.

sms

myhairypod

Postby myhairypod » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 12:18 am

Ya that's what I suspected too, sms. Though, even if that's the case, do you have any florist to recommend?

James**
Regular
Regular

Postby James** » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 12:42 am

If you want to do it online try www.fareastflora.com, although I have been to their nurseries along thomson road - far east flora and goodwood florist ... both under the same management.
:)

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 6:21 am

I have used FarEast as well. I believe they actually send singaporean orchids abroad, my advice is to check out the web site James ** has listed. FYI, organizations like the American Club do this as well and I always send them to my Mother and Mother-in-law on Mother's Day. They love that they a re getting fresh orchids from Singapore and the last for a month. Good luck.

Cheekybeek
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Cheekybeek » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 10:02 am

It will be cheaper and easier for you to look up one of the florists in Japan close to where you want the delivery, call them with your specifications and make the payment using credit card over the phone. This should be a lot cheaper no need to make interflora payment and you can specify exactly what flowers you want.

Taos

Interflora

Postby Taos » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 10:19 am

search for Interflora on web or any local florist that has the inteflora sign