Singapore Expats Forum

New gyms coming

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

User avatar
emiko08
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 342
Joined: Sun, 29 May 2005
Location: Japan
Contact:

Postby emiko08 » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 3:40 pm

hello!

anyone have any idea how much is the California lifetime membership? i heard its $2888?? any hidden fees?

i paid 2 year membership for ~2K. can't remember the exact amount., have to check :P

User avatar
jaslynk
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue, 27 Apr 2004
Location: Singapore

Friendly consultant

Postby jaslynk » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 6:08 pm

Hi,
Maybe you can find out from this lady. Her name is Ser. And don't worry, she's a friendly and helpful person. :P

Ser Ng
Fitness Consultant
California Fitness
No. 9 Raffles Place, #14-20/21
Republic Plaza II
Singapore 048619
Tel : 6534 0900
www.californiafitness.com

User avatar
Paige
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Paige » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:02 am

emiko08 wrote:hello!

anyone have any idea how much is the California lifetime membership? i heard its $2888?? any hidden fees?

i paid 2 year membership for ~2K. can't remember the exact amount., have to check :P


Hihi...
last time when they offered me lifetime membership was when I was in the bugis branch where there was this ang moh manager trying to ask me to get the lifetime membership..
So far as I know.. they don't always offer the lifetime membership.. but well.. mayb u can try asking or wait for the new branch to open.. coz by then... they will have alot of promo... =)

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

User avatar
emiko08
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 342
Joined: Sun, 29 May 2005
Location: Japan
Contact:

Postby emiko08 » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:40 am

Paige wrote:
Hihi...
last time when they offered me lifetime membership was when I was in the bugis branch where there was this ang moh manager trying to ask me to get the lifetime membership..
So far as I know.. they don't always offer the lifetime membership.. but well.. mayb u can try asking or wait for the new branch to open.. coz by then... they will have alot of promo... =)

Cheers!
Paige :wink:


thanks! :)
my current membership have not expired yet though.
i think Orchard is still more convenient for me as I stay
at Orchard.

i haven't been to the bugis branch. is it good?

User avatar
Paige
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Paige » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 4:55 pm

emiko08 wrote:
Paige wrote:
Hihi...
last time when they offered me lifetime membership was when I was in the bugis branch where there was this ang moh manager trying to ask me to get the lifetime membership..
So far as I know.. they don't always offer the lifetime membership.. but well.. mayb u can try asking or wait for the new branch to open.. coz by then... they will have alot of promo... =)

Cheers!
Paige :wink:


thanks! :)
my current membership have not expired yet though.
i think Orchard is still more convenient for me as I stay
at Orchard.

i haven't been to the bugis branch. is it good?


Hihi...
Bugis branch looks pretty new.. and they are goin to open another club in Novena I think?
Btw... Planet Fitness is offering $68/mth for 2 yrs for all clubs. BUT u hav to sign up @ the parkway branch as it is a new branch and its a opening promo price..

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

User avatar
jpatokal
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3014
Joined: Tue, 09 Dec 2003
Location: Terra Australis Incognita

Postby jpatokal » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 5:43 pm

California is also offering a promo now (and I'm sure it'll keep doing so) -- basically they waive the sign-up fee and give you a second year free, so it comes to about $60-80/month over two years depending on which package you choose (one-gym or all-gyms).
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

User avatar
jaslynk
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue, 27 Apr 2004
Location: Singapore

Another branch opening soon

Postby jaslynk » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 10:23 pm

The one over @ Bugis is under e management of Hong Kong movie star Mr. Jackie Chang. The membership might be higher as the equipment there is quite ex. And they have to cover the lose and the rental fee.

Yes, the branch @ Novena Square is opening soon. Might be smaller. :)~ :P

Paige wrote:
emiko08 wrote:
Paige wrote:
Hihi...
last time when they offered me lifetime membership was when I was in the bugis branch where there was this ang moh manager trying to ask me to get the lifetime membership..
So far as I know.. they don't always offer the lifetime membership.. but well.. mayb u can try asking or wait for the new branch to open.. coz by then... they will have alot of promo... =)

Cheers!
Paige :wink:


thanks! :)
my current membership have not expired yet though.
i think Orchard is still more convenient for me as I stay
at Orchard.

i haven't been to the bugis branch. is it good?


Hihi...
Bugis branch looks pretty new.. and they are goin to open another club in Novena I think?
Btw... Planet Fitness is offering $68/mth for 2 yrs for all clubs. BUT u hav to sign up @ the parkway branch as it is a new branch and its a opening promo price..

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

User avatar
BearHug
Regular
Regular
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon, 24 Apr 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby BearHug » Tue, 09 May 2006 2:09 pm

More often than not... i work out @ bugis as I find the machines are more user friendly for beginners as well as regulars. Well maintained and great layout too. Loads of cardio machines to sweat your body out.
TheTimeIsAlwaysRightToDoWhatIsRight. Image

clicknick
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 19 Jul 2006

Postby clicknick » Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:30 pm

Hi,
if anyone wants to transfer their Planet Fitness membership, pls email me at pl_foo <@> yahoo.com with your asking price and pls indicate the membership expiry date.

Nick

User avatar
jaslynk
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue, 27 Apr 2004
Location: Singapore

Cali Bugis

Postby jaslynk » Mon, 14 Aug 2006 8:31 pm

Sometimes the promotions in Bugis branch is different from others, Cali Bugis is under Hong Kong movie star Jackie Chan's management. Err...that's what i heard from others. :P


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest