Singapore Expats

friends for my 2 year old....

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
newvisit

Post by newvisit » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 6:49 pm

Hi,

I live near orchard and have a 2 year old son. Can anyone suggest any activity centres for 2 year olds around here? No kids in the apt complex and the play area is really tiny. The poor kid is really bored at home. Help...

june_faerie

Post by june_faerie » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 11:54 pm

Well, activities centre I am not too sure. But, there is a pre-school by name of MMI behind Orchard Towers that I know of. Perhaps you would like to try to ask over there.

yoongf
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yoongf » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 8:19 am

Play area at The Forum on Lvl 2 next to the info counter. It's a paid area, but the subscription fees is insignificant.

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 9:53 am

hi newvisit,

would you consider hoping into a train to novena? think there's alot of activities for children there.

newvisit

Post by newvisit » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 10:16 am

Thanks for the immediate replies. I know about the forum and do go there occasionally. But I was looking for some open area like a playground / park etc. within walking distance. Would like to know more about novena though.

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 10:21 am

Hi newvisit,

where exactly is your house? if you are looking at open space, i think a nice one and nearest will be botanical garden?

i've a friend teaching piano in a studio in novena. she said there's a class where kids get to play with different type of musical instruments. i thought it's pretty interesting. she gave me the website but i've yet to explore.
do check it up. it's www.prelude-studio.com

newvisit

Post by newvisit » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 4:17 pm

Thanks for your reply sunmoon. The website is under construction so could not get much info. We stay on Stevens Road. The apt. complex has a really tiny playground and no kids. I suppose Botanical gardens is an option. Thanks once more.

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 6:12 pm

newvisit wrote:Thanks for your reply sunmoon. The website is under construction so could not get much info. We stay on Stevens Road. The apt. complex has a really tiny playground and no kids. I suppose Botanical gardens is an option. Thanks once more.
you're most welcome :D

i just replied to your other post...so you have 2 boys?