Singapore Expats Forum

Slingbox???

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
Luvs2BSpoild

Slingbox???

Postby Luvs2BSpoild » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 11:20 am

Hi there! Can anyone out there tell me anything about the slingbox??? i.e., would it pick up U.S. programming in Singapore??? Any answers most appreciated! :)

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Slingbox???

Postby Bremen » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 11:43 am

Luvs2BSpoild wrote:Hi there! Can anyone out there tell me anything about the slingbox??? i.e., would it pick up U.S. programming in Singapore??? Any answers most appreciated! :)

Only if you have a TV with a slingbox *in the U.S.* that you could then access from Singapore.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

sneaker

Re: Slingbox???

Postby sneaker » Sat, 04 Mar 2006 12:06 pm

Luvs2BSpoild wrote:Hi there! Can anyone out there tell me anything about the slingbox??? i.e., would it pick up U.S. programming in Singapore??? Any answers most appreciated! :)

Find a friend in the U.S. with cable, purchase a Slingbox and ship to your friend, ask them to connect to their cable box with internet connection. Install the client and you can now watch U.S. programming from the comforts of your office or home PC. Just make sure you have good connection, ADSL is best.

I am planning to catch baseball in the mornings...at work....until I figure out how to save to my HD for later viewing.

Return to “Computer, Internet, Phone & Electronics”