Singapore Expats Forum

Marine Underwriter?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

4d3L

Marine Underwriter?

Postby 4d3L » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 11:04 pm

Came across this somewher... i only noe underwriter has something to do with insurance stuffs... hmm but marine underwriter? does tat mean the person calculate risk, cost... etc for marine equipments or somwher around there??

I need some1 to enlighten me... hahaz. If you are a Marine Underwriter and able to tell me more, that's even better :)

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 11:16 pm

A Marine Underwriter/Insurance is a very general term for any insurable risk arising from voyages on water or operations linked to water.

so it broadly covers
Ship (Hull)
Cargo
Oil Rigs
Pipe lines
Cargo
Off Shore Energy
Ports

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 11:18 pm

Adel,

If I remember correctly, from an earlier posting sometime back (pre-registration) when you used the same leet speak nick, that you are a recruiter from a local agency that had a rather unprofessional website with lots of bad grammer. It seems that you are trying to disguise yourself using singlish or rather just bad english.

What happened? Did a client give you the job order and in your pride, you would not ask them for a Job Description? There are plenty of Marine Underwriters here in Singapore if you know where to look. Also, ever heard of Google?

sms

4d3L

Postby 4d3L » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 11:58 pm

Thanks Saint :) I guess i kinda have an idea about it already.

And moderator, if i am lookin for some1 for this position, i wld have ask my client for the job description, am not so dumb. Besides even if i am recruiting, this position wont be under my area too, since i dont even have expertise in tis area [ i noe it yea] den i guess its just wrong to ask me to look for some1 of this position [it prob. takes yrs]... tats all i gotta say. as for my english, i dun need u to teach me or stuffs... being here is jus to know more abt stuffs and as a leisure surfing through the net... am probably not so free like u to reply to almost every1 posting.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 12:01 am

Sorry SMS, bit slow on the update :oops!:

:delete:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 9:15 am

as for my english, i dun need u to teach me or stuffs...

I guess that says it all.

'nuff said Image

CardZeus
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Marine Underwriter?

Postby CardZeus » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 3:10 pm

4d3L wrote:Came across this somewher... i only noe underwriter has something to do with insurance stuffs... hmm but marine underwriter? does tat mean the person calculate risk, cost... etc for marine equipments or somwher around there??

I need some1 to enlighten me... hahaz. If you are a Marine Underwriter and able to tell me more, that's even better :)

I am a marine underwriter - I use one of those NASA pens - it writes upside down too!
The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Re: Marine Underwriter?

Postby Vaucluse » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 4:45 pm

CardZeus wrote:
4d3L wrote:Came across this somewher... i only noe underwriter has something to do with insurance stuffs... hmm but marine underwriter? does tat mean the person calculate risk, cost... etc for marine equipments or somwher around there??

I am a marine underwriter - I use one of those NASA pens - it writes upside down too!

:lol:

By the way, It's called a pencil, techno-boy! . . . :)

'nuff said Image