Singapore Expats

Applying an Employment Pass

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Post Reply
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:04 am

Applying an Employment Pass

Post by Tuenyi » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 12:31 pm

I understand that I need to provide my educational certificates and past employment testimonials. But I wonder should I provide the originals? If not, should I make a certified true copy?

On the EP application form, there is a Consent I need to fill up, which is an authorization for MOM to obtain from and verify information with any person or organization.

Therefore, the MOM can contact the relevant organization/person to verify my certificates, and so I believe I don't need to provide a certified true copy. Am I right?

User avatar
Baron Greenback
Posts: 847
Joined: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:30 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by Baron Greenback » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 1:55 pm

Probably best to do both.

There is a mentality here in Singapore to follow the rules. If you can point out that the rules don't make sense & your way is more logical - you won't get anywhere.

If you are in Singapore, go to MOM with originals, they will photocopy & stamp "Original seen" on the copy. If you are still overseas then best to keep hold of the originals & get a certified true copy as you don't really want to run the risk of the originals getting lost in the post

Seriously just do what they want, there is a jobsworth mentality at MOM, just do what they want & get the boxes ticked. It is very process driven place, but once in the system life is easier - Good luck
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Posts: 11667
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Answers: 10
Location: Off The Red Dot

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 3:53 pm

You do not need to provide originals or even certified copies. I made color copies. When I picked up my EP they returned them to me, thinking they were originals.

User avatar
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 5:20 pm
Location: Sweden

Post by GordonGekko » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 8:30 pm

Hi Tuenyi,

Following the rules are always the best thing, but I would suggest never leave the original documents to anybody for extended periods of time. :D
You do what you are.

User avatar
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:02 pm

Post by Oriental » Sat, 04 Mar 2006 10:42 am

I just made ordinary B/W copies of all the documents, which turned out to be just fine. Got my EP without any problems. Processing time was a bit longer than I expected though. Guess they will ask for originals or just contact your former employers and educational institutions directly if need be.
Impossible is nothing!

User avatar
Posts: 1184
Joined: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 2:29 am
Location: 3other side of ur door


Post by Scorpion » Sat, 04 Mar 2006 1:37 pm

Not required to leave your orginal documents, just need to show it to the officer for verification purpose when you submit in your EP form an xerox copies of the original document.

When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

Posts: 11
Joined: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 5:24 pm

Not required

Post by kansatish » Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:37 pm

You do not need to submit your original documents or even a true certified copy. Just make plain B&W photocopies of your certificates and submit them along with the application. Just ensure that you include all documents that are required (working testimonials, education certificates, membership proof etc)

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests