Singapore Expats Forum

Stupid Sibling?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

LuvWurking

Stupid Sibling?

Postby LuvWurking » Sun, 26 Feb 2006 10:49 pm

My sister is driving me crazy. She won't take advice and keeps messing up her life. I am thousands of miles away and really can't do much and I feel powerless.

Am I alone in feeling I am the only one who got brains in the family?

What is the stupides thing your sibling's ever done?

Is your sibling an idiot?

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Sun, 26 Feb 2006 10:55 pm

Perhaps you can give us few more details, like what is she doing that keeps messing up her life?

Plavt.

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Postby tiki » Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:08 pm

You bet my sibling is an idiot! Infact, she is such a big idiot for saying I'm an idiot!!!

...yea lighten your load, elaborate on your troubles. We may not be able to solve your worries and queries but we're here to read and chip in with sound advice.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

LuvWurking

Postby LuvWurking » Mon, 27 Feb 2006 4:47 am

Well, honestly, I was looking for a few sibling stories from others so I can get some perspective.

She's married to a terrific guy. Really nice, but she thinks he's boring. Well, she decides to have an affiar with an abusive guy with a temporay job, because he is a guitarist (who can't paly to save his mother). He yells and curses at her and she thinks its ok becuse he is stressed about not having music gigs.

"Leave him" I say. but "he needs me and loves me" she says. "He's an idiot and you're an idiot jeopardizing your marriage, you dope" I say. She says"you can't understnad as you never did anything from your heart"...its all about money for you!

How did it go from a conversation about an adulturess dope who is willing to get abused to accusations that because I have a career, all I care about is money?

Arrgh. Well, the venting felt good. Thanks guys!

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Mon, 27 Feb 2006 7:19 am

LuvWuking,
To be quite brutal the only thing you can do is let your sister 'hang herself'. She is not a child and is old enough to make her own decisions bad or not. Why should you concern yourself about something you cannot control when you are thousands of miles away and have your own concerns? I apologize if this sounds offensive as I do not know that much about Asian culture if that actually has anything to do with it just stating things the way many others would.

Plavt.

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:36 am

Sounds like a family rift
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

Ling2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Ling2 » Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:47 am

When it comes to love...

you can't justify it with brain...

It might seem senseless to you, but she is just following her heart.

She will wake up eventually...

Just don't give up on her... :)

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:52 am

Welcome back Ling2 :wave: ... Long time!
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:05 pm

I agree with Ling2 don't fret about it
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."

Hemingway

Ling2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Ling2 » Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:58 pm

Hey CD, thanks :D

Nice to be back :) looking for laughters :lol: and being carp upon :lol:

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Mon, 27 Feb 2006 1:58 pm

LuvWurking wrote:Well, honestly, I was looking for a few sibling stories from others so I can get some perspective.

She's married to a terrific guy. Really nice, but she thinks he's boring. Well, she decides to have an affiar with an abusive guy with a temporay job, because he is a guitarist (who can't paly to save his mother). He yells and curses at her and she thinks its ok becuse he is stressed about not having music gigs.

"Leave him" I say. but "he needs me and loves me" she says. "He's an idiot and you're an idiot jeopardizing your marriage, you dope" I say. She says"you can't understnad as you never did anything from your heart"...its all about money for you!

How did it go from a conversation about an adulturess dope who is willing to get abused to accusations that because I have a career, all I care about is money?

Arrgh. Well, the venting felt good. Thanks guys!

Honestly... I've seen this exact same thing at least a dozen times. A lot of girls want security (the great husband) but then they discover they want excitement and go for a "bad boy" hoping they can reform him.

Your sister has a martyr complex. It happens all the time. There's nothing you can do, she will not listen to logic until the guitarist dumps her and cuts off all contact with her.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Postby earthfriendly » Sat, 04 Mar 2006 2:09 am

Wow, Breman, you sound like a relationship expert. Can I come to you for advice when I run into relationship problems?

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sat, 04 Mar 2006 7:47 am

another possibility, of course, is that bremen is the proverbial 'bad boy' and speaks from his own experience... :P

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Sat, 04 Mar 2006 5:18 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:another possibility, of course, is that bremen is the proverbial 'bad boy' and speaks from his own experience... :P

Nah. Just seen too many friends go down that girl's path. After a while, I know it's not worth the pain and effort to talk to them. it's a brick wall; they're "in love".
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Sat, 04 Mar 2006 5:19 pm

earthfriendly wrote:Wow, Breman, you sound like a relationship expert. Can I come to you for advice when I run into relationship problems?

i wouldn't advise it... i'm a cynic. Seen, and been through, too much crap. ;)

- Terry Pratchett