Singapore Expats Forum

TV/Media careers?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

GordonGekko
Regular
Regular

TV/Media careers?

Postby GordonGekko » Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:55 pm

Hey guys,

Anybody know who/where to turn to about media jobs? I am a TV Broadcasting Director, and I'm gathering facts before I'll arrive in Singapore jobhunting in Dec. or Jan.
You do what you are.

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Re: TV/Media careers?

Postby queenie-me » Sat, 25 Feb 2006 12:57 pm

GordonGekko wrote:Hey guys,

Anybody know who/where to turn to about media jobs? I am a TV Broadcasting Director, and I'm gathering facts before I'll arrive in Singapore jobhunting in Dec. or Jan.

just like mediacorp?

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Postby tiki » Sat, 25 Feb 2006 5:00 pm

There is a website mandy.com where you can actually look for the kind of job, to a certain extend and even to a region/countries. Apart from that I would suggest writing in to terrestial broadcasters like ESPN, Disney, MTV and even MediaCorp ( if you must :wink: ) who actually have studios here to find out about available opportunities. The market is not huge here as the number of such stations are limited so you will need to understand that it is pretty competitive and those who are already holding such position/s might not be keen to move on unless they 'diversify' their skills or perhaps receive offers from abroad.

I would suggest you network way before you come over and start doing that now within the industry. You could also perhaps go into advertising in the role of agency producer or a producer for a production house.

G'luck mate!
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

4d3L

Postby 4d3L » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 11:18 pm

its definitely wiser to get some contacts before you come over....

GordonGekko
Regular
Regular

Postby GordonGekko » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 8:17 pm

Hey guys,

Thanks for the input. I'm doing my best networking, but isn't easily done from Sweden, especially when you don't have any names you could work with. But thanks anyway. :D
You do what you are.