Singapore Expats Forum

Silkair

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Des
Regular
Regular
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue, 08 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore

thanks

Postby Des » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 1:20 am

kimiekit wrote:Marina Mandarin Singapore,
Vanda 4(Level 6),
6 Raffles Boulevard,
Marina Square
between 9am and 4.30pm on 19th or 20th April 2008


thanks for the info....

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 1:24 am

mikoliicia wrote:hi singapore gurl just to ask if silk take home pay is usually more then 2.5k ?


Yeah that what I usually get unless I have MCs. The least I've ever received was 2.2k.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Des
Regular
Regular
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue, 08 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore

how many flight

Postby Des » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 1:30 am

singaporegrrl wrote:
mikoliicia wrote:hi singapore gurl just to ask if silk take home pay is usually more then 2.5k ?


Yeah that what I usually get unless I have MCs. The least I've ever received was 2.2k.


how many flight in a month usually given in your rooster... then the timing?

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Re: how many flight

Postby singaporegrrl » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 1:34 am

Des wrote:how many flight in a month usually given in your rooster... then the timing?


Hah I can't remember. I'm leaning on a new roster in a new airline. But all I remember was that I had at least 4 2-sectors a week. That's at least.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Des
Regular
Regular
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue, 08 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore

Re: how many flight

Postby Des » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 1:46 am

singaporegrrl wrote:
Des wrote:how many flight in a month usually given in your rooster... then the timing?


Hah I can't remember. I'm leaning on a new roster in a new airline. But all I remember was that I had at least 4 2-sectors a week. That's at least.


ok forgot to ask you lah... croping well on the new rooster? :)

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Re: how many flight

Postby singaporegrrl » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 2:19 am

Des wrote:ok forgot to ask you lah... croping well on the new rooster? :)


I don't know. I don't crop rosters.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

User avatar
mikoliicia
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 20 Jan 2008
Location: SINGAPORE

Postby mikoliicia » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 2:24 am

singaporegrrl wrote:
mikoliicia wrote:hi singapore gurl just to ask if silk take home pay is usually more then 2.5k ?


Yeah that what I usually get unless I have MCs. The least I've ever received was 2.2k.



2.2k wth mc iic . ok not a bad start =) thanks just to ask if u wore their uniform during training ? or you will only get to wear them after training ? have u ever been late fr flights ?? :D
❤ :: misses ::

User avatar
mikoliicia
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 20 Jan 2008
Location: SINGAPORE

Postby mikoliicia » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 2:26 am

bluexob wrote:does silkair conduct the "height measurement at the doorstep" like how SIA normally do? i've been trying to find out,bt couldnt get it. Someone ans pls. this will b my 1st interview with Silkair!


The previously i went, they took your height and weight immediately after u step in the room and after that u have to register your name,pics and verification of certs before waiting for your name to be call to be interview in group of 10..


Oh finally its here...
Thanks kimiekit for updating!!!
Anyone going on Sun noon??[/quote]

ill be going on sunday morning ; going in the afternoon isnt a gd thing :)
❤ :: misses ::

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 2:29 am

mikoliicia wrote:2.2k wth mc iic . ok not a bad start =) thanks just to ask if u wore their uniform during training ? or you will only get to wear them after training ? have u ever been late fr flights ?? :D


My batch was the last batch to wear uniforms only when we started flying. Batch 64 onwards went to training with uniforms. And yes I've been late for flights before and I called rostering to inform them.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

User avatar
mikoliicia
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 20 Jan 2008
Location: SINGAPORE

Postby mikoliicia » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 2:31 am

singaporegrrl wrote:
mikoliicia wrote:2.2k wth mc iic . ok not a bad start =) thanks just to ask if u wore their uniform during training ? or you will only get to wear them after training ? have u ever been late fr flights ?? :D


My batch was the last batch to wear uniforms only when we started flying. Batch 64 onwards went to training with uniforms. And yes I've been late for flights before and I called rostering to inform them.



oh iic :D humm it seems like my friends are wearing their own clothes fr training; sry but i have gt some questions too ask :) . so have u ever stayed at the country that silkair flew too due too tecnical stuff or wat so ever ? hw long was the delay
❤ :: misses ::

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 2:34 am

mikoliicia wrote:oh iic :D humm it seems like my friends are wearing their own clothes fr training; sry but i have gt some questions too ask :) . so have u ever stayed at the country that silkair flew too due too tecnical stuff or wat so ever ? hw long was the delay


Never!
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

User avatar
mikoliicia
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 20 Jan 2008
Location: SINGAPORE

Postby mikoliicia » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 2:35 am

singaporegrrl wrote:
mikoliicia wrote:oh iic :D humm it seems like my friends are wearing their own clothes fr training; sry but i have gt some questions too ask :) . so have u ever stayed at the country that silkair flew too due too tecnical stuff or wat so ever ? hw long was the delay


Never!

oh iic; humm so hw long were u with MI ? whats the highest pay u drew ?
❤ :: misses ::

MissCT
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 08 Apr 2008

Postby MissCT » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 10:34 am

hmmm...not really sure whether im goin anot thou... not really confident with my height... bt my bf forcing me to go..haix..

fivecam
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun, 16 Mar 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby fivecam » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 12:28 pm

may i know where to print the application form.. hahah! im newbie and this is my first time trying silkair. thansk!

User avatar
mikoliicia
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 20 Jan 2008
Location: SINGAPORE

Postby mikoliicia » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 12:42 pm

MissCT wrote:hmmm...not really sure whether im goin anot thou... not really confident with my height... bt my bf forcing me to go..haix..



give it a try then :) me n some of the girls will be going on the sun morning . wanna join us ??
❤ :: misses ::


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
  • Cathay Pacific Or Silkair??
    by CaseyHan » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 11:14 am » in Airline Careers
    13
    8841
    by CaseyHan View the latest post
    Mon, 16 Sep 2013 2:03 pm
  • silkair interview
    by higirl » Sat, 05 Apr 2014 8:43 pm » in Airline Careers
    68
    47210
    by Laladreamer View the latest post
    Wed, 06 Jun 2018 9:30 pm
  • Time for family - Silkair pilot
    by Apilotswife » Fri, 20 Jun 2014 6:50 am » in Airline Careers
    8
    3850
    by Blade View the latest post
    Sun, 22 Jun 2014 3:17 pm
  • SilkAir Freelance Cabin Crew
    by airlinegirl » Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:26 am » in Airline Careers
    3
    3654
    by zzm9980 View the latest post
    Sun, 24 Aug 2014 3:09 am
  • Silkair walk in interview 24/31 July 2015
    by haruee23 » Wed, 22 Jul 2015 7:06 pm » in Airline Careers
    3
    4137
    by cimars View the latest post
    Sat, 25 Jul 2015 6:51 pm

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests