Singapore Expats Forum

Silkair

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed, 04 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby queenie-me » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 5:16 pm

[quote="Mabchewy"]my uncle hu is a chief steward for SIA mention that some interviewer prefer gerls hu r nervous...cos that means they really wan the job and they r afraid they cant get it...wonder how true is dat......[/quote]

:lol: :roll: :???: :? :shock: :roll: :roll:

valeberry
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue, 26 Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby valeberry » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 5:52 pm

queenie-me wrote:
Mabchewy wrote:my uncle hu is a chief steward for SIA mention that some interviewer prefer gerls hu r nervous...cos that means they really wan the job and they r afraid they cant get it...wonder how true is dat......[/quote]

:lol: :roll: :???: :? :shock: :roll: :roll:


????

Huh? Tt's weird. I was so nervous, yet i dint get it. =(

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 8:23 pm

Mabchewy wrote:my uncle hu is a chief steward for SIA mention that some interviewer prefer gerls hu r nervous...cos that means they really wan the job and they r afraid they cant get it...wonder how true is dat......


So they like people who can't handle stress? Haha! Seriously, even people who are working for the airlines don't know what the interviewers were looking for. It really depend on how they present themselves. I gave tips and what exactly I did when I went for Silkair interview. 1 got in, the other didn't. So if the interviewer likes you, that's it! You're in!
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Mabchewy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun, 24 Feb 2008

Postby Mabchewy » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 9:58 pm

like i say, pple...SOME INTERVIEWER.

User avatar
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed, 04 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby queenie-me » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:16 pm

Mabchewy wrote:like i say, pple...SOME INTERVIEWER.

so that "SOME INTERVIEWER" likes someone who can't handle stress. Someone who are nervous all the time? It's funny. You might want to re-think. :wink:

Choco K.
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun, 24 Feb 2008

Postby Choco K. » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 9:50 am

Er.. whats goin on...

Anyway, does anyone knows how long do they usually take to inform u after ur medical check have passed? I heard frm some forumers that they only inform those who pass the medical check! Those who don't will be ignored!

starrfann
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 21 Jan 2008

Postby starrfann » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 12:43 pm

I waited for my medical results for exactly 2 weeks! I'm not sure about those who failed though. 8-)

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 2:47 pm

Usually medicals is not a problem. Unless you know you have a disease or something, you're already in.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Choco K.
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun, 24 Feb 2008

Postby Choco K. » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 5:20 pm

Oh I see. Thanks Singapore gurl. Coz my fren frm SQ has been waiting for the call to start her training for a week alrdy! & someone told her that they will not contact her if her medical check don't go through. Which also means she is not qualified.... :???:

Mabchewy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun, 24 Feb 2008

Postby Mabchewy » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 6:23 pm

like i said..some interviewer sees being nervous as being afraid that they can get in and thats why they r panicking . not unable to handle stress.

i relli dont understand why there's so much scarcasm over in this forum.....

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 9:26 pm

Mabchewy wrote:like i said..some interviewer sees being nervous as being afraid that they can get in and thats why they r panicking . not unable to handle stress.

i relli dont understand why there's so much scarcasm over in this forum.....


Mabchewy's post doesn't make any sense; if somebody was panicking about being accepted they would assuredly panick at the first sign of trouble: just what you don't want when the aircraft is about to crash. :roll:

Interviews in such an industry are often constructed to assess somebody's ability to cope with stressful situations. :roll:

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:48 pm

Plavt wrote:
Mabchewy wrote:like i said..some interviewer sees being nervous as being afraid that they can get in and thats why they r panicking . not unable to handle stress.

i relli dont understand why there's so much scarcasm over in this forum.....


Mabchewy's post doesn't make any sense; if somebody was panicking about being accepted they would assuredly panick at the first sign of trouble: just what you don't want when the aircraft is about to crash. :roll:

Interviews in such an industry are often constructed to assess somebody's ability to cope with stressful situations. :roll:


That's exactly what queenie-me and I were trying to say. If you can't handle the sarcasm here, you won't survive in this industry. Seriously, this is nothing.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

User avatar
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed, 04 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby queenie-me » Sat, 01 Mar 2008 1:10 am

Mabchewy wrote:like i said..some interviewer sees being nervous as being afraid that they can get in and thats why they r panicking . not unable to handle stress.

i relli dont understand why there's so much scarcasm over in this forum.....


That's exactly what queenie-me and I were trying to say. If you can't handle the sarcasm here, you won't survive in this industry. Seriously, this is nothing.[/quote]

You might want to take our advice if you want to join Silkair. :lol:

Mabchewy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun, 24 Feb 2008

Postby Mabchewy » Sun, 02 Mar 2008 7:09 pm

i wasnt even stating that it is the fact that some interviewer prefer nervous girls.. i was just saying "i wonder how true is dat" ..

dont even know whats wrong with al those pple who gave sacarstic reply like as if said it was the fact... haha..its funny how pple dont read properly before they start making comments..

and even if u find some pple who post weird qn and u feel irritated..just dont reply...pple come to this forum to have their doubts cleared.. not to be mocked at.. =)

User avatar
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed, 04 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby queenie-me » Sun, 02 Mar 2008 7:19 pm

Mabchewy wrote:i wasnt even stating that it is the fact that some interviewer prefer nervous girls.. i was just saying "i wonder how true is dat" ..

dont even know whats wrong with al those pple who gave sacarstic reply like as if said it was the fact... haha..its funny how pple dont read properly before they start making comments..

and even if u find some pple who post weird qn and u feel irritated..just dont reply...pple come to this forum to have their doubts cleared.. not to be mocked at.. =)


haha.. I don't understand people who wants to join an airline but cannot take sacarstic remarks.

Just for your info: you posted questions like that. and imagine if one girl who is desperate and willingly want to join an airline. And she think it's true to be nervous so that she will get selected. You are raising many confusion.

By the way, if you want to join MI, you better be prepared for alot of sarcastic remarks from senior crew. It's not a heaven's place there. - I can bet you 100%.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
  • silkair interview
    by higirl » Sat, 05 Apr 2014 8:43 pm » in Airline Careers
    69
    49954
    by ShayShay View the latest post
    Sun, 12 Aug 2018 3:22 am
  • Time for family - Silkair pilot
    by Apilotswife » Fri, 20 Jun 2014 6:50 am » in Airline Careers
    8
    4101
    by Blade View the latest post
    Sun, 22 Jun 2014 3:17 pm
  • SilkAir Freelance Cabin Crew
    by airlinegirl » Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:26 am » in Airline Careers
    3
    3944
    by zzm9980 View the latest post
    Sun, 24 Aug 2014 3:09 am
  • Silkair walk in interview 24/31 July 2015
    by haruee23 » Wed, 22 Jul 2015 7:06 pm » in Airline Careers
    3
    4177
    by cimars View the latest post
    Sat, 25 Jul 2015 6:51 pm
  • silkair recruitment 16 dec 2016
    by ana_pocahantos » Fri, 13 Jan 2017 10:58 am » in Airline Careers
    0
    3995
    by ana_pocahantos View the latest post
    Fri, 13 Jan 2017 10:58 am

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests