Singapore Expats Forum

Silkair

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Intrinsic Dreamer

Postby Intrinsic Dreamer » Thu, 22 Mar 2007 12:29 am

DEar Sassy girl.

NEver do anything that u think will make u regret later in life.
The fact that u are thinking alr shows that u are INTERESTED.

Why not go and try out the interviewS?

NOT going= NEVER becoming an air stewardess
GOING= CAN BE/CANNOT

Going for the interview is simply giving urself a chance. Give THEM a chance also. To see wad u've got to offer...

And i tell u, age of 25 is NOT barrier.....................................

A fren i made during my SIA interview is 27.
And She's going to the management round(final) with me!
Another fren i made just graduated from NUS Life sciences.
And she's still here to pursue her dream.
All 3 of us are now waiting for our final round with SIA.

Come on, life is short. Seriously.
We need to do more things to make OURSELVES, not others, happy. :D

Initially I was apprehensive too.
U might think u are too old but I thought i was TOO young. :???:
In fact, I was the youngest girl there at the walk-in.
And i am now, still the youngest girl in my batch waiting for our final interview.

Dear Sassy girl. Never think of the 'buts' & 'ifs'.
ALSO, never think of failure. NEVER never think of that before u even attempt anything..

If u let go & pass this chance, there's no more turning back.
There isn't any time-turners(Harry potter) in this world.

So gurl, believe that u have what it takes,
take the first step and who knows what it will bring u to...

You don't stand to lose anything, so don't worry ok? :)
Instead, u're gaining because u're giving urself a chance.

To be wad u wanna be.

happyfeet
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri, 16 Mar 2007
Location: singapore

Postby happyfeet » Thu, 22 Mar 2007 1:23 am

All the best for the girls gg for Final round tml! Wish i can join you guys too... :cry: Hmm...

hey Sassy girl, i totally agree with Intrinsic Dreamer. Do go n give it a try as u won't try, u won't know what will the outcome be. If not u'll regret in the future cos u never have the courage to give it a shot. Go go go!!! Like me, have tried couple of times but haven been successful, but at least i know i've tried my best... :wink: Btw, i'm also 25 this yr...haha

Lynv
Regular
Regular
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat, 17 Feb 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby Lynv » Thu, 22 Mar 2007 2:05 am

Sassy Gal, 25 years old is not old.
I have been going to interviews right after gradudation, but have not been successful.
During that time what I worried was airlines don't conduct interviews, which means not even a chance to apply for it.

There's a period of time I decided to let go of my dreams.
But like you, I keep thinking about. I asked myself the same question, when I grow old will I regret that I never try at any of the interviews which I know are on-going.
My answer is yes, I will regret. I have too much regrets in my life till now, and I know how bad it feels.

Like what Intrinsic Dreamer said, we need to do more things which make ourselves happy.

Be happy, go and try, you have our support here :)

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 20 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Thu, 22 Mar 2007 12:28 pm

Lynv wrote:Sassy Gal, 25 years old is not old.
I have been going to interviews right after gradudation, but have not been successful.
During that time what I worried was airlines don't conduct interviews, which means not even a chance to apply for it.

There's a period of time I decided to let go of my dreams.
But like you, I keep thinking about. I asked myself the same question, when I grow old will I regret that I never try at any of the interviews which I know are on-going.
My answer is yes, I will regret. I have too much regrets in my life till now, and I know how bad it feels.

Like what Intrinsic Dreamer said, we need to do more things which make ourselves happy.

Be happy, go and try, you have our support here :)


Dear sassy Girl!

GOGO!!! If you get in and you don't like it, at least you have been there and you have no regrets..Kambatte-ne..

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

corines143
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon, 06 Nov 2006
Location: Paris-Milan-Barcelona

Postby corines143 » Thu, 22 Mar 2007 12:43 pm

hey come on ppl i am 27 and i am still trying.. dontgive up.. just keep looking up!!!
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

Intrinsic Dreamer

Postby Intrinsic Dreamer » Thu, 22 Mar 2007 2:01 pm

haha..

Wow sassy girl.....

SOOOO many gurls here encouraging u, u know?

U had better reply fast!! =)

sassy^^girl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 21 Mar 2007

Postby sassy^^girl » Thu, 22 Mar 2007 9:25 pm

*singaporegrrl*Intrinsic Dreamer* happyfeet*Lynv*I'M*(!_!)*Julie* *corines143*

Sorry late reply. Piles of work in office need to finish up. Dayum!

Dear girls,

Thanks very much for the encouragement.
My heart wana cry reading ya all reply.
I cant believe that there is people also have same dilemma like me.
Yeah..for 25yrs I've been please all around me and I guess this is time now I should act to catch my dream.


Yeah life journey is too short. I should do what my heart wants.
I dont want to add more regrets in my life. I must ganbatte.

To all the girls who support me and share the same dream..
may HE the almighty bless us in our journey.

Inspired by ya ol words,now I full of high spirits.
pLease advise me more how to get this dream job?
This coming months any airlines conduct interviews?
How shall i present and market myself so that they want to hire me?
To successfull candidates..please share me your experience like how you talk,your style for interview?
any tips on how to make we more stand out from other candidate?

again thanks for the support.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Thu, 22 Mar 2007 9:37 pm

Hi Sassy Girl,

Yup this month. There are two airlines recruiting. This coming sunday (25 March 2007) is Qatar. 31 March 2007 is Emirates. You can refer to Emirates and Qatar forum which all of them are talking about.

sassy^^girl wrote:*singaporegrrl*Intrinsic Dreamer* happyfeet*Lynv*I'M*(!_!)*Julie* *corines143*

Sorry late reply. Piles of work in office need to finish up. Dayum!

Dear girls,

Thanks very much for the encouragement.
My heart wana cry reading ya all reply.
I cant believe that there is people also have same dilemma like me.
Yeah..for 25yrs I've been please all around me and I guess this is time now I should act to catch my dream.


Yeah life journey is too short. I should do what my heart wants.
I dont want to add more regrets in my life. I must ganbatte.

To all the girls who support me and share the same dream..
may HE the almighty bless us in our journey.

Inspired by ya ol words,now I full of high spirits.
pLease advise me more how to get this dream job?
This coming months any airlines conduct interviews?
How shall i present and market myself so that they want to hire me?
To successfull candidates..please share me your experience like how you talk,your style for interview?
any tips on how to make we more stand out from other candidate?

again thanks for the support.

sassy^^girl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 21 Mar 2007

Postby sassy^^girl » Thu, 22 Mar 2007 9:56 pm

chai ching wrote:Hi Sassy Girl,

Yup this month. There are two airlines recruiting. This coming sunday (25 March 2007) is Qatar. 31 March 2007 is Emirates. You can refer to Emirates and Qatar forum which all of them are talking about.


quote]


Hi chai ching..

tq for the info. will there also people who going for interview age like 25 yrs and above?
Just checking at least Im not alone.

Still not confident.

blackapple
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu, 08 Feb 2007

Postby blackapple » Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:44 pm

sassy^^girl wrote:
chai ching wrote:Hi Sassy Girl,

Yup this month. There are two airlines recruiting. This coming sunday (25 March 2007) is Qatar. 31 March 2007 is Emirates. You can refer to Emirates and Qatar forum which all of them are talking about.


quote]


Hi chai ching..

tq for the info. will there also people who going for interview age like 25 yrs and above?
Just checking at least Im not alone.

Still not confident.


hihi. i think 25 is not old. i'm 19 going 20. and they mentioned i'm still very young. so maybe your experience will be a plus factor for you. be positive!!! :D :D :D

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:53 pm

sassy^^girl wrote:
chai ching wrote:Hi Sassy Girl,

you are most welcome. im not very sure about those whether 25 years above are trying out or not? im also not young anymore. going to be 25 after my birthday.

Yup this month. There are two airlines recruiting. This coming sunday (25 March 2007) is Qatar. 31 March 2007 is Emirates. You can refer to Emirates and Qatar forum which all of them are talking about.


quote]


Hi chai ching..

tq for the info. will there also people who going for interview age like 25 yrs and above?
Just checking at least Im not alone.

Still not confident.

Intrinsic Dreamer

Postby Intrinsic Dreamer » Fri, 23 Mar 2007 12:09 am

Hi Black apple!!
U're 19 gg on 20? Haha..

Don't worry. U ain't the youngest in this forum.
I'm 18!! :lol: :lol:


My interviewer said I was very young too. KEPT asking me if this is what i really wanted to do. Haha. :lol: :lol:

I hope my management interview will not be filled with such qns again. Or there will be alot of convincing i HAve to do.. LOL. :lol: :lol:



Dear sassy girl, I assure u there will be ladies above 24 at every interview.
There's something u should know, there are allllooooot of ladies out there who have regreted not going when they were younger so they're finally there trying out again. :)

If u're interested in SIA, u can read my extremellllllyyy long posts in the thread "SIA Recruitment on 4th March", page 11 and onwards..... :)
I typed basically everything that happened.
If u get bored after a while, leave it. Cuz its rEALLLy long!!! :shock:

PAge 11 has the 1st 3 rounds of SIA interview while further up the pages has the 4th interview round, the water confidence.


How to make urself really stand out, IN MY OPINION, are these.....

1) Wear something GOOD, not plain. Something U know u look Good in.
2) Wear an elegant pair of heels.
3) Very neat "don't mess with me" Hair.
4) Have a STRAIGHT posture. Slouching shouders are a NO-NO!! :twisted:
5) Speak good english!!
6) Looking friendly. A smile really goes a long way girl. :D
7) Walk like a WOMAN!!! :lol: :lol:


To wanna be an air-stewardess, one very important aspect is PERSONAL GROOMING. U need to look pleasant from head to toe.
They will no doubt, look at u from head to toe.
They will look very OBVIOUSLY, too. :)

I'm not very sure bout the other airlines as the only one interview i've been to is the most recent one of SIA's.
But i Guess other airlines will want that of their girls too. :)


Oh man, so sorry, just realized that this is really out of topic in this thread.

Lynv
Regular
Regular
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat, 17 Feb 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby Lynv » Fri, 23 Mar 2007 12:18 am

Intrinsic Dreamer, I'm back from my management interview and tea party.
Today there are 2 groups of management interview on-going, and from the 56 girls, only 20 will be selected :o

Reaching Silkair office, all 28 girls are seated according to the name list. We have 4 management personal seated facing us.
One by one upon name called, we have to walk in front and face the panel of interviewers; once again introduce ourselves.
The interviewers will post questions too.
After all 28 girls finished their introduction, we proceed to tea party which is to get in groups and mingle with the management.
The tea party for the 1330hrs group ended in less than 20mins because the management have to proceed to the 2nd batch of interview.

I would say it would be difficult to select 20 out of the 56 girls. All girls have their own qualities.
I would say, try to 'sell yourself' in this round but don't over do it.
Because the more you say, the more wrong words might come out of your mouth.

I wish all the best for girls who are being selected.
Take care and enjoy your training! :)

Lynv
Regular
Regular
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat, 17 Feb 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby Lynv » Fri, 23 Mar 2007 12:28 am

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:My interviewer said I was very young too. KEPT asking me if this is what i really wanted to do. Haha. :lol: :lol:

I hope my management interview will not be filled with such qns again. Or there will be alot of convincing i HAve to do.. LOL. :lol: :lol:



Intrinsic Dreamer, be prepared to be asked this question again.
They also worried that you don't have much experience handling people and will freak out in a plane full of people.
Convince them this monday! :D

Intrinsic Dreamer

Postby Intrinsic Dreamer » Fri, 23 Mar 2007 12:40 am

Haha...

Lynv, i know i'll sure get that qn again!! haha....
It should be inevitable for me. Seeing my age. Right? Oh wells..

I guess u muz have had a good experience today yeah!!
So when are they supposed to inform u of the results?
More waiting again gurl? :???:

Hmm, ur management interview isn't personal in a room and all?
Its infront of the other applicants???


Sigh. Mine on Monday is individual, 2 to 1.
The in-charge said its gonna be 2 ppl from the higher positions in SIA. Hope they go easy on me!! :lol: :lol:


I agree with u. Each gurl has different things to offer. Everyone did very well, according to ur opinion then?



Anyway, all the best for ur results ok!! I'm sure u did ur verrry best alr.
U've come soo far, U must make it!! :kiss:

Don't think or even worry ok? :D


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
  • Cathay Pacific Or Silkair??
    by CaseyHan » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 11:14 am » in Airline Careers
    13
    8841
    by CaseyHan View the latest post
    Mon, 16 Sep 2013 2:03 pm
  • silkair interview
    by higirl » Sat, 05 Apr 2014 8:43 pm » in Airline Careers
    68
    47210
    by Laladreamer View the latest post
    Wed, 06 Jun 2018 9:30 pm
  • Time for family - Silkair pilot
    by Apilotswife » Fri, 20 Jun 2014 6:50 am » in Airline Careers
    8
    3850
    by Blade View the latest post
    Sun, 22 Jun 2014 3:17 pm
  • SilkAir Freelance Cabin Crew
    by airlinegirl » Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:26 am » in Airline Careers
    3
    3654
    by zzm9980 View the latest post
    Sun, 24 Aug 2014 3:09 am
  • Silkair walk in interview 24/31 July 2015
    by haruee23 » Wed, 22 Jul 2015 7:06 pm » in Airline Careers
    3
    4137
    by cimars View the latest post
    Sat, 25 Jul 2015 6:51 pm

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests