Singapore Expats Forum

Silkair

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
septemberrr
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri, 16 Mar 2007
Location: East

Postby septemberrr » Mon, 19 Mar 2007 3:16 pm

rutzy, hug hug!! :cry:

xX Euphoria Xx
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue, 27 Feb 2007
Location: Town

Postby xX Euphoria Xx » Mon, 19 Mar 2007 3:19 pm

septemberrr wrote:Haha.. Sry.. Don't feel bad.. I think I go try Emirates and Qata lor.. :oops:


There's an opening for Qatar this coming Sunday at Hilton Hotel. Do you have the full info? If u need, lemme noe k. Coz they invited me via email for the interview but i'm not going..

blackapple
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu, 08 Feb 2007

Postby blackapple » Mon, 19 Mar 2007 3:26 pm

silkair just called me to reconfirm. phew. so nervous for the coming management interview. i hope they will take in 2batches, so that we have more chances! goodluck!

septemberrr
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri, 16 Mar 2007
Location: East

Postby septemberrr » Mon, 19 Mar 2007 3:26 pm

But you got into SilkAir's next round right? It's under the Qata thread.. (Hope I dont get kicked out typing Qata's info under SilkAir's..) =)

Please bring with you the following:

Curriculum Vitae.
One recent passport sized photograph (smiling) on plain light colored background.
One recent full-length photograph (business attire) on plain light colored background. (Photo Format: Hands placed by sides; stand straight facing the camera with one foot forward and a warm smile)
Kindly bring a copy of the invitation letter.

Dress Code for Recruitment Days is Business Attire

Ladies - Business suit (knee-length skirt, skin toned stockings with blouse/jacket) and hair to be neatly tied-up/back in cabin crew style
Men - Business Suit

Time: 09:00 hours (AM)

Date: 25th March 2007

Venue: Hilton Hotel,
581 Orchard Rd,
Singapore,
Singapore 238883.

blackapple
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu, 08 Feb 2007

Postby blackapple » Mon, 19 Mar 2007 3:27 pm

septemberrr wrote:rutzy, hug hug!! :cry:


there's one emirates on 31st march. jia you. dun be dishearten.

septemberrr
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri, 16 Mar 2007
Location: East

Postby septemberrr » Mon, 19 Mar 2007 3:31 pm

thanks, blackapple. =) Good luck to you!!

xX Euphoria Xx
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue, 27 Feb 2007
Location: Town

Postby xX Euphoria Xx » Mon, 19 Mar 2007 3:35 pm

Anyone has any idea how is the 3rd interview and the tea party is? i mean i noe its the management interview but any idea what they gona ask, what we have to do, etc?


User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Mon, 19 Mar 2007 4:02 pm

xX Euphoria Xx wrote:Anyone has any idea how is the 3rd interview and the tea party is? i mean i noe its the management interview but any idea what they gona ask, what we have to do, etc?


You will all be seated together in a room. Then one by one will be called up to the front to face the interviewers. You will then introduce youself to the interviewers; the usual - name, age, occupation, why you wanna be a FSS, and if possible, why SilkAir. Then the interviewers will ask questions based on individuality. There's no specific questions what the interviewers might ask coz different applicants come from different backgrounds. For me as example, they asked me questions relating to my previous job.

During the tea party, you will carefreely mingle with the interviewers over some drinks and snacks. You are free to ask questions to them. Do not silent yourself. This is to test your PR skills.

One more advice, ALWAYS HAVE A SMILE ON YOUR FACE. Good luck to everyone going for the final interview!
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

xX Euphoria Xx
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue, 27 Feb 2007
Location: Town

Postby xX Euphoria Xx » Mon, 19 Mar 2007 4:17 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:
xX Euphoria Xx wrote:Anyone has any idea how is the 3rd interview and the tea party is? i mean i noe its the management interview but any idea what they gona ask, what we have to do, etc?


You will all be seated together in a room. Then one by one will be called up to the front to face the interviewers. You will then introduce youself to the interviewers; the usual - name, age, occupation, why you wanna be a FSS, and if possible, why SilkAir. Then the interviewers will ask questions based on individuality. There's no specific questions what the interviewers might ask coz different applicants come from different backgrounds. For me as example, they asked me questions relating to my previous job.

During the tea party, you will carefreely mingle with the interviewers over some drinks and snacks. You are free to ask questions to them. Do not silent yourself. This is to test your PR skills.

One more advice, ALWAYS HAVE A SMILE ON YOUR FACE. Good luck to everyone going for the final interview!


So meaning we will have to stand, introduce ourselves and answer questions infront of the interviewers and also infront of all other candidates??

User avatar
banz
Regular
Regular
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri, 27 Oct 2006
Location: singapore

Postby banz » Mon, 19 Mar 2007 5:56 pm

hey;;thankz for the tips gal..itz really nice of you...hope i will make thru n the rest who r goin...

wendy_11
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue, 27 Jun 2006
Location: Singapore

hihi

Postby wendy_11 » Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:00 am

hi, urgently need some assistance!! i was from grp10 & my email add's in e list below; but due to my mailbox being flooded, i didnt receive e email & was wondering if there's any kind soul who could inform me of e details? 3.30pm on thurs? where? ah, juz send me e entire email, is that possible? to pigpwig@gmail.com~ thanks a million!!


lingZZ86 wrote:


Yes, that's the list for 3.30pm. . .Gd luck to all :lol: Hope we make it to e final round :D

happyfeet
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri, 16 Mar 2007
Location: singapore

Postby happyfeet » Tue, 20 Mar 2007 1:18 am

Congrats to the girls who have been selected for final round!!! Sad, i didn't received any email... haiz. :cry:

happyfeet
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri, 16 Mar 2007
Location: singapore

Postby happyfeet » Tue, 20 Mar 2007 1:19 am

Congrats to the girls who have been selected for final round!!! Sad, i didn't received any email... haiz. :cry:

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Tue, 20 Mar 2007 4:14 am

xX Euphoria Xx wrote:So meaning we will have to stand, introduce ourselves and answer questions infront of the interviewers and also infront of all other candidates??


Yes you will take turn to stand at the front and to face the interviewers.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
  • silkair interview
    by higirl » Sat, 05 Apr 2014 8:43 pm » in Airline Careers
    69
    49976
    by ShayShay View the latest post
    Sun, 12 Aug 2018 3:22 am
  • Time for family - Silkair pilot
    by Apilotswife » Fri, 20 Jun 2014 6:50 am » in Airline Careers
    8
    4102
    by Blade View the latest post
    Sun, 22 Jun 2014 3:17 pm
  • SilkAir Freelance Cabin Crew
    by airlinegirl » Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:26 am » in Airline Careers
    3
    3946
    by zzm9980 View the latest post
    Sun, 24 Aug 2014 3:09 am
  • Silkair walk in interview 24/31 July 2015
    by haruee23 » Wed, 22 Jul 2015 7:06 pm » in Airline Careers
    3
    4178
    by cimars View the latest post
    Sat, 25 Jul 2015 6:51 pm
  • silkair recruitment 16 dec 2016
    by ana_pocahantos » Fri, 13 Jan 2017 10:58 am » in Airline Careers
    0
    3997
    by ana_pocahantos View the latest post
    Fri, 13 Jan 2017 10:58 am

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests