Silkair

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Post Reply
tenshi
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:24 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by tenshi » Wed, 06 Dec 2006 4:55 pm

Hi Chai Ching

No I'm not a crew but I want to be a part of the family. I've tried various airlines and am still trying. I'll not be going this weekend as I'll be out of town.

Regards
chai ching wrote:Hi Tenshi,

First of all, thanks for your encouragement! Really appreciate that so much. You are right. Totally agree with what you post here. If the more we are scare, the more we will lose and no confidence at all. Maybe thats the aprt which i lack of courage and confidence. At first, im still hesitating whether going to give it a try and see how.

Feeling no confidence of myself. So i give up the idea and intending not to go at all. But many of them encourage me and ask me to just give it a try and see how. Cuz you never try, you didnt know whether you will be shortlisted or not? Itr true of what my friends and colleagues say to me. So i have finally decided and make up my mind to go. No harm trying it out at all.

How about you? Are you going either on thes days? Or you are just giving advice here. Or are you one of the crews?
tenshi wrote:Hi ladies

Been following the posts here for a while. Don't worry about what other people say. Just go for the interview and listen to what the recruiters have to say, then make a decision from there. If you like what you see and you are shortlisted, then it's still not too late to make a decision. Basically just go and try. Even if you do not get shortlisted, take it as a learning experience. Should you decide to try for the next recruitment, you will be better prepared.

It's always better to hear from the horse's mouth and make an informed decision. This is not to say that other people's views are not valid. They are but only you can make the decision. What you want to make the decision on depends on you. Weigh the pros and cons from there then only worry about it and decide.

Best of luck! :)

tenshi

chai ching wrote:Well.... i decide to go and just have a try for my luck and see able to get in. What time are you going? Wanna go together? If you dont mind. You are absolutely correct about it. There are good side and bad side.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 9:59 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post by chai ching » Thu, 07 Dec 2006 12:10 pm

Oops.... sorry. Really thats great for you. But also didnt get select? That will be so sad.
tenshi wrote:Hi Chai Ching

No I'm not a crew but I want to be a part of the family. I've tried various airlines and am still trying. I'll not be going this weekend as I'll be out of town.

Regards
chai ching wrote:Hi Tenshi,

First of all, thanks for your encouragement! Really appreciate that so much. You are right. Totally agree with what you post here. If the more we are scare, the more we will lose and no confidence at all. Maybe thats the aprt which i lack of courage and confidence. At first, im still hesitating whether going to give it a try and see how.

Feeling no confidence of myself. So i give up the idea and intending not to go at all. But many of them encourage me and ask me to just give it a try and see how. Cuz you never try, you didnt know whether you will be shortlisted or not? Itr true of what my friends and colleagues say to me. So i have finally decided and make up my mind to go. No harm trying it out at all.

How about you? Are you going either on thes days? Or you are just giving advice here. Or are you one of the crews?
tenshi wrote:Hi ladies

Been following the posts here for a while. Don't worry about what other people say. Just go for the interview and listen to what the recruiters have to say, then make a decision from there. If you like what you see and you are shortlisted, then it's still not too late to make a decision. Basically just go and try. Even if you do not get shortlisted, take it as a learning experience. Should you decide to try for the next recruitment, you will be better prepared.

It's always better to hear from the horse's mouth and make an informed decision. This is not to say that other people's views are not valid. They are but only you can make the decision. What you want to make the decision on depends on you. Weigh the pros and cons from there then only worry about it and decide.

Best of luck! :)

tenshi


User avatar
qiutinger
Regular
Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 2:29 pm

Questions!

Post by qiutinger » Mon, 11 Dec 2006 10:44 pm

I notice Sinagporegurl has been very kind and helpful. Could you and all else answer some questions i have?

1) What do they ask during the management round?
2) When does the medical checkup round comes?
3) Do they check eye sight during the uniform fitting round which is the 2nd round, the same day as the water confidence.
4) Does an O level grad earns lower than a Dip grad in Silkair?
5) If the minor scars on my hands are concelable with concealer, is that okay for me to put on concealer that day for the skin check?

TIA to all!! ^.^

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:32 am
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Re: Questions!

Post by singaporegrrl » Mon, 11 Dec 2006 11:31 pm

qiutinger wrote:I notice Sinagporegurl has been very kind and helpful. Could you and all else answer some questions i have?

1) What do they ask during the management round?
2) When does the medical checkup round comes?
3) Do they check eye sight during the uniform fitting round which is the 2nd round, the same day as the water confidence.
4) Does an O level grad earns lower than a Dip grad in Silkair?
5) If the minor scars on my hands are concelable with concealer, is that okay for me to put on concealer that day for the skin check?

TIA to all!! ^.^
1. There is no specific answer to this question. You will first be required to introduce yourself to the management. The usual; name, age, hobbies(optional), current job and why you want to be FSS. Then they will ask various questions depending on various backgrounds like how you manage your customer(if from customer service line), or how will you be able to adapt to a new environment, or how can you manage time if you've reached motherhood, etc. Truly, they can ask anything under the sun. You'll just have to remain calm and answer them diligently.

2. Medical check-up will be done when you pass through all rounds of interview. Probably around 2 weeks after the management interview.

3. Eye-sight is under medical.

4. No. All crew have the same pay regardless of education background.

5. I don't think it is necessary. I have 5 or 6 small scars on my arm, above the wrist area but I got through. Concealer won't be much of a help anyway. So don't bother.

I wish all who will be going for second day interview the best of luck! May we see each other up in the sky.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

NiMk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 2:40 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by NiMk » Wed, 13 Dec 2006 2:53 pm

How did the interview on the 8th and 9th go?

Did most of you get through to the 2nd round?

jentay11
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 11:56 am

Post by jentay11 » Thu, 14 Dec 2006 12:42 am

hey people,

im a newbie in this forum but im really impressed to see everyone here chasing after their dreams. All the best gals. If u dare to dream, u will achieve. Try harder the next time even if u are being rejected after the 1st round. jia you, gals. u all have my utmost support.

i will go for the interview after getting my degree in 3 years time. yeah. let's work hard towards our dreams man. Go. Go. Go!!!!

User avatar
qiutinger
Regular
Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 2:29 pm

Re: Questions!

Post by qiutinger » Thu, 14 Dec 2006 12:49 am

singaporegrrl wrote:
qiutinger wrote:I notice Sinagporegurl has been very kind and helpful. Could you and all else answer some questions i have?

1) What do they ask during the management round?
2) When does the medical checkup round comes?
3) Do they check eye sight during the uniform fitting round which is the 2nd round, the same day as the water confidence.
4) Does an O level grad earns lower than a Dip grad in Silkair?
5) If the minor scars on my hands are concelable with concealer, is that okay for me to put on concealer that day for the skin check?

TIA to all!! ^.^
1. There is no specific answer to this question. You will first be required to introduce yourself to the management. The usual; name, age, hobbies(optional), current job and why you want to be FSS. Then they will ask various questions depending on various backgrounds like how you manage your customer(if from customer service line), or how will you be able to adapt to a new environment, or how can you manage time if you've reached motherhood, etc. Truly, they can ask anything under the sun. You'll just have to remain calm and answer them diligently.

2. Medical check-up will be done when you pass through all rounds of interview. Probably around 2 weeks after the management interview.

3. Eye-sight is under medical.

4. No. All crew have the same pay regardless of education background.

5. I don't think it is necessary. I have 5 or 6 small scars on my arm, above the wrist area but I got through. Concealer won't be much of a help anyway. So don't bother.

I wish all who will be going for second day interview the best of luck! May we see each other up in the sky.
Hey girl, you are really keen, helpful and passionate about your job and about assisting people! Thank you so much!

ssemaj
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 5:30 pm

Post by ssemaj » Tue, 19 Dec 2006 11:50 pm

hi, does anyone know when's the bonus payout for silkair and sq employees??

NiMk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 2:40 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by NiMk » Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:10 pm

anyone here was at today's 3rd round interview?

NiMk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 2:40 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by NiMk » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 10:22 pm

Anyone has been called in for an interview with Silkair apart from their Walk Ins? Do they still do that?

lilpie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 2:19 pm

Post by lilpie » Thu, 28 Dec 2006 2:25 pm

Anyone has friends in silkair? How many days do they normally fly a month? :-|

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:32 am
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Post by singaporegrrl » Fri, 29 Dec 2006 2:39 am

We normally fly 5 days a week.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

lilpie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 2:19 pm

Post by lilpie » Fri, 29 Dec 2006 9:18 pm

ty singaporegrrl... cant wait for their next recruitment :D

Mehmehses
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 4:17 pm

Prepare yourself

Post by Mehmehses » Sun, 31 Dec 2006 12:07 pm

lilpie wrote:ty singaporegrrl... cant wait for their next recruitment :D
Hi,

Also been trying but so far no luck. Looking back & analysing at the passed interviews that I went, I realised that i'm lack of confident and knowledge of the know-how to ace the interview. So I'm going for the Cabin Crew Preparatory Workshop call FLY HIGH next mth. Check out their website for more info www.ascentcc.com Any one interested to go?

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005 2:13 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Prepare yourself

Post by Plavt » Sun, 31 Dec 2006 4:32 pm

Mehmehses wrote:
lilpie wrote:ty singaporegrrl... cant wait for their next recruitment :D
Hi,

Also been trying but so far no luck. Looking back & analysing at the passed interviews that I went, I realised that i'm lack of confident and knowledge of the know-how to ace the interview. So I'm going for the Cabin Crew Preparatory Workshop call FLY HIGH next mth. Check out their website for more info www.ascentcc.com Any one interested to go?
OK, my own personal opinion; be very wary of these organizations I very much doubt if a one day course will make much difference to your chances.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest