Singapore Expats Forum

Silkair

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Guest

Postby Guest » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 5:41 pm

hi VT,
wat r the questions like?

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Sat, 10 Jun 2006 11:14 am

Hi,

its me. so have you go for the medical check up yet? cuz you did msn me and tell me that you are waiting for medical check up or have already gone for medical check up? so does that mean have you started your training yet?

yup you are right that Silkair HR Personnel are quite nice and friendly too. cuz i went for walk in interview yesterday. but was not being selected for the second round. so sad.

VT wrote:
caris wrote:Hi,


I wld lik 2 find out how many rounds of int again and how many days wil dey b splittin up e int into?e.g. 1 shortlisted applicants spend how many days for e whole process?


hmmm... i mentioned before in this forum :roll: three rounds of interview. 1st round: 6 to 1 interview, and 1 to 1 interview.
2nd round: swimming test and uniform fitting. 3rd round: management round and tea session.
In between each round, shortlisted applicants take about three- five days to know when is their next interview. Whole process will take about a week. Cos i applied previously, they started at beggining of May and medical check up was 30th May. Hope this info help. :) not to worry.. their HR personnel are very nice, not sure if it applies to all :P but my HR personnel were alll nice and helpful ladies. :D

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Sat, 10 Jun 2006 2:39 pm

chai ching wrote:Hi,

its me. so have you go for the medical check up yet? cuz you did msn me and tell me that you are waiting for medical check up or have already gone for medical check up? so does that mean have you started your training yet?

yup you are right that Silkair HR Personnel are quite nice and friendly too. cuz i went for walk in interview yesterday. but was not being selected for the second round. so sad.


Me too... :cry:
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Sat, 10 Jun 2006 3:22 pm

Huh.... you also arent seleted for the Silkair too? Aiya.... both of us are in same boat. So sad of us. Sob Sob....
:cry:


singaporegrrl wrote:
chai ching wrote:Hi,

its me. so have you go for the medical check up yet? cuz you did msn me and tell me that you are waiting for medical check up or have already gone for medical check up? so does that mean have you started your training yet?

yup you are right that Silkair HR Personnel are quite nice and friendly too. cuz i went for walk in interview yesterday. but was not being selected for the second round. so sad.


Me too... :cry:

higgledy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon, 24 Oct 2005

Postby higgledy » Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:40 am

I went for the interview & was not selected as well... In my group, there was an ex qatar cabin crew who told me qatar airways will be recruiting next month & prompted me to apply! Sometimes, it's frustrating that those who speak improper English or not dress appropriately can enter to the 2nd interview!!

dyslexic_alien
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri, 16 Sep 2005

Postby dyslexic_alien » Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:57 am

chai ching wrote:Huh.... you also arent seleted for the Silkair too? Aiya.... both of us are in same boat. So sad of us. Sob Sob....
:cry:


Chai Ching... are you male or female? just curious.. cos I know that Silkair does not employ males.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Mon, 12 Jun 2006 11:59 am

Hey.... same with me too. We are both in the same boat also. Yup you are right. Totally agree with what you say here. Yet there are still got some peoples who didnt speak much but still can able to get in for second round. Or for those peoples who didnt dress proper well or still can able to get selected.

So that ex qatar, did she get selected for second round? Really? Then i must go and apply for it? How about you? Actually all if us are not sure what are they actually looking for when they are hiring cabin crew?

higgledy wrote:I went for the interview & was not selected as well... In my group, there was an ex qatar cabin crew who told me qatar airways will be recruiting next month & prompted me to apply! Sometimes, it's frustrating that those who speak improper English or not dress appropriately can enter to the 2nd interview!!

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Mon, 12 Jun 2006 1:13 pm

Just wanna clear your doubt. Im a female. Of course i know that only female can apply for stewardess and Silkair dont recruit male.

So did you go for their walk in interview also? Did you get in for second round? Or are you being selected for it?

dyslexic_alien wrote:
chai ching wrote:Huh.... you also arent seleted for the Silkair too? Aiya.... both of us are in same boat. So sad of us. Sob Sob....
:cry:


Chai Ching... are you male or female? just curious.. cos I know that Silkair does not employ males.

VT
Regular
Regular
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu, 02 Mar 2006

Postby VT » Mon, 12 Jun 2006 5:30 pm

Anonymous wrote:hi VT,
wat r the questions like?


The two rounds during the first two interviews were to ask you to give a brief intro and more detailed info for 2nd round.
For 2nd interview, no questions asked cos it's swimming test and uniform fitting, at most they'll chat a little with you during the examining of scars on your body before swimming.
Management round: can't comment much cos they'll ask anything under the sky. The VP is very nice, he made us feel comfortable by making the session like chit chat.

VT
Regular
Regular
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu, 02 Mar 2006

Postby VT » Mon, 12 Jun 2006 5:34 pm

HiHi!! sorry... i've been out of touch with the forum lately, my router down.. :( waiting to replace new one.. So i've been going to my bro pl to use if necessary.. :p Yap.. i've gone thru the medical and had passed. My training will start on 3rd July.

chai ching wrote:Hi,

its me. so have you go for the medical check up yet? cuz you did msn me and tell me that you are waiting for medical check up or have already gone for medical check up? so does that mean have you started your training yet?

yup you are right that Silkair HR Personnel are quite nice and friendly too. cuz i went for walk in interview yesterday. but was not being selected for the second round. so sad.

VT wrote:
caris wrote:Hi,


I wld lik 2 find out how many rounds of int again and how many days wil dey b splittin up e int into?e.g. 1 shortlisted applicants spend how many days for e whole process?


hmmm... i mentioned before in this forum :roll: three rounds of interview. 1st round: 6 to 1 interview, and 1 to 1 interview.
2nd round: swimming test and uniform fitting. 3rd round: management round and tea session.
In between each round, shortlisted applicants take about three- five days to know when is their next interview. Whole process will take about a week. Cos i applied previously, they started at beggining of May and medical check up was 30th May. Hope this info help. :) not to worry.. their HR personnel are very nice, not sure if it applies to all :P but my HR personnel were alll nice and helpful ladies. :D

higgledy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon, 24 Oct 2005

Postby higgledy » Mon, 12 Jun 2006 6:05 pm

Congrats to VT for becoming a certified FA in few months time. Anyway Chai Ching, that ex qatar cabin crew got into round 2, she's pleasant looking & has been with qatar for 6months. She mentioned that for Asians, most likely to fly around to China & the basic pay itself is already higher than SQ! I might not go for the upcoming...probably somewhere end of the year if there's recruitment again. 1stly, I'm still wearing braces & most likely to remove them next mth, but I still need to go back for few consultations after that. 2ndly, I've been given more duties now, sometimes it's tough to apply leave........

Cranbelly
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 08 Jun 2006

Postby Cranbelly » Mon, 12 Jun 2006 6:28 pm

how will Qatar recruit cabin crew?
cos from wad i noe they do not haf an official website rite?

User avatar
Matt10
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2006

Postby Matt10 » Mon, 12 Jun 2006 6:51 pm

Cranbelly wrote:how will Qatar recruit cabin crew?
cos from wad i noe they do not haf an official website rite?


yes. They definitely have.

Go to Yahoo! search for Qatar Airways

scroll down and pick the official site. :D

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Mon, 12 Jun 2006 7:46 pm

Cranbelly wrote:how will Qatar recruit cabin crew?
cos from wad i noe they do not haf an official website rite?


OMG :roll: Image


Plavt.

rine_85
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon, 05 Jun 2006
Location: Spore

rine85

Postby rine_85 » Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:11 pm

Hi,does anybody roughly know when they will notify us abt e outcome to the 3rd round?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
  • silkair interview
    by higirl » Sat, 05 Apr 2014 8:43 pm » in Airline Careers
    69
    49810
    by ShayShay View the latest post
    Sun, 12 Aug 2018 3:22 am
  • Time for family - Silkair pilot
    by Apilotswife » Fri, 20 Jun 2014 6:50 am » in Airline Careers
    8
    4094
    by Blade View the latest post
    Sun, 22 Jun 2014 3:17 pm
  • SilkAir Freelance Cabin Crew
    by airlinegirl » Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:26 am » in Airline Careers
    3
    3929
    by zzm9980 View the latest post
    Sun, 24 Aug 2014 3:09 am
  • Silkair walk in interview 24/31 July 2015
    by haruee23 » Wed, 22 Jul 2015 7:06 pm » in Airline Careers
    3
    4173
    by cimars View the latest post
    Sat, 25 Jul 2015 6:51 pm
  • silkair recruitment 16 dec 2016
    by ana_pocahantos » Fri, 13 Jan 2017 10:58 am » in Airline Careers
    0
    3990
    by ana_pocahantos View the latest post
    Fri, 13 Jan 2017 10:58 am

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests