Singapore Expats

Silkair

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
iplaydressup

Post by iplaydressup » Sun, 28 Feb 2010 1:00 am

hey babes! all the best to those who are going fr the interview! :)
im nt sure whether i will be going fr the interview, if so, tht will be my
3rd time going fr Silkair interview as i failed fr the last 2 attempts. heee..
so im kind of in doubt on going. :? so yeah.

bluexob
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bluexob » Sun, 28 Feb 2010 1:36 pm

Hi ladies,

Anyone wanna meet on Fri, in the noon after lunch time??Pm me ok??
I cant attend on Sat as i have to work last min.

Godiva82

Hi IPDU

Post by Godiva82 » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 2:26 am

Hi IPDU thks for d well wishes.Y not head again,it cld b a diff situation totally.So just curious how do dey go abt on candidates selection & way ques did they ask too?:)

Godiva82

@ Kimora

Post by Godiva82 » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 2:32 am

Hi Kimora I am lookin to reach by 830 or so coz I heard tat application forms will b given there to fill up.We cld meet @ Tanah Merah & share a cab.Whadya tink?Wher dya stay btw ...

Godiva82

Re: SLK INTERVIEW

Post by Godiva82 » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 6:12 am

kim0ra wrote:
Godiva82 wrote:What time are you planning to head by?I'm thinkin by 9am,the q mayb as long.

hihi... wanna go 2gether? :D
.I'm planning to reach by 830 am,guess application forms will b handed to us.How old are you btw?Wher u stayin coz we cld meet at nearest Mrt & share a cab.Dun really know d way there bsides my bf's workin,can't send me:(

clairee

Post by clairee » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 1:34 pm

Hi guys, you all acquire the various requirements? Feels like giving it a try but at the same time, hesitating.. :???:

Godiva82

SLK INTVW

Post by Godiva82 » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 5:11 pm

clairee wrote:Hi guys, you all acquire the various requirements? Feels like giving it a try but at the same time, hesitating.. :???:
If being a FA is what you are considering to b,y not experience d interview rounds. :)

xAngelx

Post by xAngelx » Wed, 03 Mar 2010 1:22 am

Hey guys..good luck!!
Don't pray for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs.

wiwik

middle of go or not?

Post by wiwik » Wed, 03 Mar 2010 1:38 pm

hi there.. i have a issue, my leg just burn by the hot pite of the motorbike 2 weeks ago.. i was wondering want to go for this interview. anyone know tat if these problem will be affect me n just forget to go for it? pls advice me asap! thanks...

Godiva82

Post by Godiva82 » Wed, 03 Mar 2010 2:31 pm

skalite wrote:
Gnip wrote:How many rounds of interview did they conduct today? Is it group followed by one-to-one? What kind of qns did they ask? Think I'm going tmrw (Sat)! :)
It's always the same 2 rounds.

Stage 1 : Group intro, there are 2 ladies to take down notes, in a room of 10 girls - Be confident, bt not overconfident, simple. Short and sweet. Smile.

Stage 2 : One-to-one, She wld ask questions like 'What do you know about silkair?', 'Why do you wan to be a cabin crew', 'What makes u wan to join us?', "Do you know that you have to sign a bond?' -- Questions like that, don't write a script of wad u wan to say. Be spontaneous but in mind know wad you wan to say. Be convincing and friendly. Like how you would wan to win an interview.
Then, she may or may not hand you a piece of paper. That paper is the golden ticket to the next round (another day).

Stage 3 : Uniform fitting, Skin check. Smile. Group of 10 again: They wld ask you to walk, smile. Check your legs, hands, arms, back - They wld wan to see the size of the dress u wear.
This round, if you have a tattoo on ur back- it's a no-no. If you have an obvious scar on ur legs, arms - no-no. They will just look on how well u wear the dress.

Stage 4: Management Round- They just wan to know about you. Say things that interest them.

GOOD LUCK! :D
Thks for the info,just wondering wld concealed tattoo helps as I've one on my ankle?
Last edited by Godiva82 on Wed, 03 Mar 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godiva82

Re: middle of go or not?

Post by Godiva82 » Wed, 03 Mar 2010 2:35 pm

wiwik wrote:hi there.. i have a issue, my leg just burn by the hot pite of the motorbike 2 weeks ago.. i was wondering want to go for this interview. anyone know tat if these problem will be affect me n just forget to go for it? pls advice me asap! thanks...
Hope u r fine there.Well I feel that u shld just giv a shot for an experience.Yr wound wld heal nway or if u get thru the uniform fittin,try to conceal if u can..I guess at d end of d dayit's still effort.

girlzz
Regular
Regular

Post by girlzz » Wed, 03 Mar 2010 2:56 pm

Stage 3 : Uniform fitting, Skin check. Smile. Group of 10 again: They wld ask you to walk, smile. Check your legs, hands, arms, back - They wld wan to see the size of the dress u wear.
This round, if you have a tattoo on ur back- it's a no-no. If you have an obvious scar on ur legs, arms - no-no. They will just look on how well u wear the dress.

Y do they want to check your back when the uniform is completely covered right unlike for Sq uniform??

wiwik

Post by wiwik » Wed, 03 Mar 2010 3:05 pm

Godiva82 wrote:
wiwik wrote:hi there.. i have a issue, my leg just burn by the hot pite of the motorbike 2 weeks ago.. i was wondering want to go for this interview. anyone know tat if these problem will be affect me n just forget to go for it? pls advice me asap! thanks...
Hope u r fine there.Well I feel that u shld just giv a shot for an experience.Yr wound wld heal nway or if u get thru the uniform fittin,try to conceal if u can..I guess at d end of d dayit's still effort.
thanks for ur concerned godiva82. i afraid i just waste my time to go for it. afraid tat i'm not that luck. haizz. anyway,the walk-in start at 9am to 4.30pm, so can i just walk-in anytime during 9am-4.30pm?

Godiva82

Post by Godiva82 » Wed, 03 Mar 2010 5:03 pm

wiwik wrote:
Godiva82 wrote:
thanks for ur concerned godiva82. i afraid i just waste my time to go for it. afraid tat i'm not that luck. haizz. anyway,the walk-in start at 9am to 4.30pm, so can i just walk-in anytime during 9am-4.30pm?
Yeah you can,it's my first attempt too so I'm headin there by 9.At least wheather I make it or not I'll just move on from there.Just to see how procedure goes.:)

Godiva82

Post by Godiva82 » Wed, 03 Mar 2010 5:06 pm

girlzz wrote:Stage 3 : Uniform fitting, Skin check. Smile. Group of 10 again: They wld ask you to walk, smile. Check your legs, hands, arms, back - They wld wan to see the size of the dress u wear.

Y do they want to check your back when the uniform is completely covered right unlike for Sq uniform??
:roll: Hmm I'm curious abt that too,makes it seem like some kinda beauty pageant..oh well I wish all d best to d gals who r headin down.