Singapore Expats Forum

Silkair

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
Melodyy
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2008
Location: SIN

Postby Melodyy » Sun, 07 Sep 2008 12:09 am

Gnip wrote:
Melodyy wrote:Anyone going for the uniform fitting and final interview next friday?



Me! :)


Me too... Going alone? We can meet up and go together if u dont mind ^^

Gnip
Regular
Regular
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon, 01 Sep 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Gnip » Sun, 07 Sep 2008 10:34 am

Melodyy wrote:
Gnip wrote:
Melodyy wrote:Anyone going for the uniform fitting and final interview next friday?



Me! :)


Me too... Going alone? We can meet up and go together if u dont mind ^^




I will be going with one of the ladies who was also selected in my group. My girl friend will also be accompanying me, but not going for interview. If you do not mind, do join us! :)

Msn me: Alpha_12345@hotmail.com :)
Helloo! (:

confidence=success
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun, 07 Sep 2008

Silkair

Postby confidence=success » Sun, 07 Sep 2008 12:26 pm

Hihi,

i juz went in their website, saw tat their interview ends today....

wondering when is the next interview... anyone knows? :D

User avatar
Chinchilla
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 02 Sep 2008

Postby Chinchilla » Sun, 07 Sep 2008 12:41 pm

CUTIE8029 wrote:
Melodyy wrote:
chichi14 wrote:^In my batch, many of us were selected for the 1 in 1 interview. I'm not sure though, if all of us manage to get passed that round because I was the first one to be interviewed and then left immediately after.
Oh, and after the interview, I was given a paper that says I'm in for the uniform fitting and management interview which is next Friday.

What I noticed was, they selected those who were really confident and who delivered their speech very well. I'm sure you know what went wrong thats why they didn't choose you. You should recall and picture what you have done. Were you looking confident enough? and etc.. Perhaps, you should learn from what happened today and then just try again :) Keep trying!


Hey ger, u going on the 12 sep?


sorry to intrude. but can i just check will it be the same interviewer.. the tall short hair lady and one short plump lady too ??? I mean for this week interview.?


Yes very likely. Because they are in charge of cabin crew recruitment :P

chichi14
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2008

Postby chichi14 » Sun, 07 Sep 2008 1:55 pm

Melodyy wrote:
chichi14 wrote:^In my batch, many of us were selected for the 1 in 1 interview. I'm not sure though, if all of us manage to get passed that round because I was the first one to be interviewed and then left immediately after.
Oh, and after the interview, I was given a paper that says I'm in for the uniform fitting and management interview which is next Friday.

What I noticed was, they selected those who were really confident and who delivered their speech very well. I'm sure you know what went wrong thats why they didn't choose you. You should recall and picture what you have done. Were you looking confident enough? and etc.. Perhaps, you should learn from what happened today and then just try again :) Keep trying!


Hey ger, u going on the 12 sep?


yes dear :)

User avatar
Melodyy
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2008
Location: SIN

Postby Melodyy » Sun, 07 Sep 2008 3:54 pm

No pants, long skirt/dresses... What should we wear then? keen length skirt?

User avatar
Melodyy
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2008
Location: SIN

Postby Melodyy » Sun, 07 Sep 2008 3:56 pm

Gnip wrote:
Melodyy wrote:
Gnip wrote:
Melodyy wrote:Anyone going for the uniform fitting and final interview next friday?



Me! :)


Me too... Going alone? We can meet up and go together if u dont mind ^^




I will be going with one of the ladies who was also selected in my group. My girl friend will also be accompanying me, but not going for interview. If you do not mind, do join us! :)

Msn me: Alpha_12345@hotmail.com :)


Noted! Chat with u tonight :)

highupinthesky
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon, 01 Sep 2008
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby highupinthesky » Sun, 07 Sep 2008 9:53 pm

Melodyy wrote:No pants, long skirt/dresses... What should we wear then? keen length skirt?


i wore knee length skirt when i went to the interview last time. some girls were wearing dresses and all. however, whether we wore knee length skirt, or dresses, all of us still got thru =)

User avatar
Melodyy
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2008
Location: SIN

Postby Melodyy » Mon, 08 Sep 2008 10:20 pm

highupinthesky wrote:
Melodyy wrote:No pants, long skirt/dresses... What should we wear then? keen length skirt?


i wore knee length skirt when i went to the interview last time. some girls were wearing dresses and all. however, whether we wore knee length skirt, or dresses, all of us still got thru =)


i'm so nervous!! Dont know what will happen on firday :cry:

Gnip
Regular
Regular
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon, 01 Sep 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Gnip » Mon, 08 Sep 2008 10:53 pm

Melodyy wrote:
highupinthesky wrote:
Melodyy wrote:No pants, long skirt/dresses... What should we wear then? keen length skirt?


i wore knee length skirt when i went to the interview last time. some girls were wearing dresses and all. however, whether we wore knee length skirt, or dresses, all of us still got thru =)


i'm so nervous!! Dont know what will happen on firday :cry:


Jia you! You made it this far! (:
Helloo! (:

highupinthesky
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon, 01 Sep 2008
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby highupinthesky » Tue, 09 Sep 2008 1:36 am

Melodyy wrote:
highupinthesky wrote:
Melodyy wrote:No pants, long skirt/dresses... What should we wear then? keen length skirt?


i wore knee length skirt when i went to the interview last time. some girls were wearing dresses and all. however, whether we wore knee length skirt, or dresses, all of us still got thru =)


i'm so nervous!! Dont know what will happen on firday :cry:


on fri, it will be a simply uniform and skin check. no worries. but they do check your toes and finger nails. so do paint them if u have time. as for the management round, there will be 5 interviewers. but very very friendly ppl. so jus intro yourself, and they will poe a few questions about your current job and maybe why u want a career jump =) after which, there will be a tea party... a chance for you to clarify all your doubts regarding the job. chances of passing is rather high i guess... smile always, and be confident...

Gnip
Regular
Regular
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon, 01 Sep 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Gnip » Tue, 09 Sep 2008 1:42 pm

highupinthesky wrote:
Melodyy wrote:
highupinthesky wrote:
Melodyy wrote:No pants, long skirt/dresses... What should we wear then? keen length skirt?


i wore knee length skirt when i went to the interview last time. some girls were wearing dresses and all. however, whether we wore knee length skirt, or dresses, all of us still got thru =)


i'm so nervous!! Dont know what will happen on firday :cry:


on fri, it will be a simply uniform and skin check. no worries. but they do check your toes and finger nails. so do paint them if u have time. as for the management round, there will be 5 interviewers. but very very friendly ppl. so jus intro yourself, and they will poe a few questions about your current job and maybe why u want a career jump =) after which, there will be a tea party... a chance for you to clarify all your doubts regarding the job. chances of passing is rather high i guess... smile always, and be confident...



Paint them? Hmm, what colour do you suggest? And what's the tea party about? Thanks! :)
Helloo! (:

Lovely shan
Regular
Regular
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed, 30 Jul 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby Lovely shan » Tue, 09 Sep 2008 1:49 pm

Gnip wrote:
highupinthesky wrote:
Melodyy wrote:
highupinthesky wrote:
Melodyy wrote:No pants, long skirt/dresses... What should we wear then? keen length skirt?


i wore knee length skirt when i went to the interview last time. some girls were wearing dresses and all. however, whether we wore knee length skirt, or dresses, all of us still got thru =)


i'm so nervous!! Dont know what will happen on firday :cry:


on fri, it will be a simply uniform and skin check. no worries. but they do check your toes and finger nails. so do paint them if u have time. as for the management round, there will be 5 interviewers. but very very friendly ppl. so jus intro yourself, and they will poe a few questions about your current job and maybe why u want a career jump =) after which, there will be a tea party... a chance for you to clarify all your doubts regarding the job. chances of passing is rather high i guess... smile always, and be confident...



Paint them? Hmm, what colour do you suggest? And what's the tea party about? Thanks! :)


Suggested to be in nude colour is more presentable....

highupinthesky
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon, 01 Sep 2008
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby highupinthesky » Tue, 09 Sep 2008 1:54 pm

Lovely shan wrote:
Gnip wrote:
highupinthesky wrote:
Melodyy wrote:
highupinthesky wrote:
Melodyy wrote:No pants, long skirt/dresses... What should we wear then? keen length skirt?


i wore knee length skirt when i went to the interview last time. some girls were wearing dresses and all. however, whether we wore knee length skirt, or dresses, all of us still got thru =)


i'm so nervous!! Dont know what will happen on firday :cry:


on fri, it will be a simply uniform and skin check. no worries. but they do check your toes and finger nails. so do paint them if u have time. as for the management round, there will be 5 interviewers. but very very friendly ppl. so jus intro yourself, and they will poe a few questions about your current job and maybe why u want a career jump =) after which, there will be a tea party... a chance for you to clarify all your doubts regarding the job. chances of passing is rather high i guess... smile always, and be confident...



Paint them? Hmm, what colour do you suggest? And what's the tea party about? Thanks! :)


Suggested to be in nude colour is more presentable....



what colour does not really matter. but stick to safe colours =) i painted mine red tt time. another girl did french... as for the tea party, they will bring in some cakes and drinks, and will see how u mingle with the other interviewees. nth much...

Gnip
Regular
Regular
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon, 01 Sep 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Gnip » Tue, 09 Sep 2008 6:10 pm

what colour does not really matter. but stick to safe colours =) i painted mine red tt time. another girl did french... as for the tea party, they will bring in some cakes and drinks, and will see how u mingle with the other interviewees. nth much...


Ohh! Thanks! So am I right to say, uniform check, and if we get through, it's the management interview with 5 interviewers and finally the tea party?

Do we get to know our results on that very day?

And once again, I am really concerned about MOLES! I have many tiny moles all over my hands. Is this something to be concerned about? No scars though. :/

Thanks in advance! :)
Helloo! (:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
  • silkair interview
    by higirl » Sat, 05 Apr 2014 8:43 pm » in Airline Careers
    69
    49958
    by ShayShay View the latest post
    Sun, 12 Aug 2018 3:22 am
  • Time for family - Silkair pilot
    by Apilotswife » Fri, 20 Jun 2014 6:50 am » in Airline Careers
    8
    4101
    by Blade View the latest post
    Sun, 22 Jun 2014 3:17 pm
  • SilkAir Freelance Cabin Crew
    by airlinegirl » Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:26 am » in Airline Careers
    3
    3945
    by zzm9980 View the latest post
    Sun, 24 Aug 2014 3:09 am
  • Silkair walk in interview 24/31 July 2015
    by haruee23 » Wed, 22 Jul 2015 7:06 pm » in Airline Careers
    3
    4177
    by cimars View the latest post
    Sat, 25 Jul 2015 6:51 pm
  • silkair recruitment 16 dec 2016
    by ana_pocahantos » Fri, 13 Jan 2017 10:58 am » in Airline Careers
    0
    3995
    by ana_pocahantos View the latest post
    Fri, 13 Jan 2017 10:58 am

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Moosquared and 7 guests