Singapore Expats Forum

Silkair

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
Matt10
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2006

Postby Matt10 » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 8:59 am

Shreked wrote:I'll just wait for my time to come then...you know what..sometimes i feel like i really dont want to serve ns because i cant wait to pursue my dream!THis dream has been in me for like 10 years! I just can't help it!


Oh be patient dude! sooner or later you'll definitely get to fly around the world!

2 years of NS is quite fast..you wont feel it.. and you can apply when a you are about to complete NS..

Goodluck..

User avatar
Matt10
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2006

Postby Matt10 » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 9:04 am

singaporegrrl wrote:
Matt10 wrote:By the way, SIA only prefers Diploma and A level cert only? how about those who are ITE graduate or O level graduates?

Is there any difference for degree holder and non-degree holder?


"Those with at least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits, including English, and relevant working experience may also apply."

That's way they stated in the ad for the upcoming walk-in interviews. I suggest those who are keen to go and have a try. Good luck!

Degree holders who are selected have a basic pay of an additional couple of hundred than those without a degree. Nevertheless, having a degree does not guarantee a place as a cabin crew.


I remember late last year, SIA was having a recruitment and they mentioned in the advertisement that those O level holders may apply but with 5 years of relevant working experience. I think it is such a long time.

User avatar
Shreked
Regular
Regular
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed, 18 Jan 2006
Location: In The Air

Postby Shreked » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:56 pm

2 years are like 20 years for me...My wind just can't stop thinking about this 24*7!
I'm Evolving!
My Wings are growing!!!

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 1:29 pm

Hi,

Same thinking with me also. I was also hoping to be a cabin crew. My mind was all about cabin crew. My work is not that so important and i just dont care about my job at all. But come to think of it, i cant totally focus of becoming a cabin crew. I have to stop thinking and concentrate on doing and getting my job done.

I also wish and really hope that one day i will also be a cabin crew just like everybody. Whenever see peoples been selected for the interview or been shortlisted, i was very envious and how i really wish that i will become of them too. Though i know that its totally crazy of just thinking to be a cabin crew.

If its yours, it will be yours. If its not yours, no matter how you want it or do any other to make it yours. It will still not be yours and wont come back to you.

Shreked wrote:2 years are like 20 years for me...My wind just can't stop thinking about this 24*7!

User avatar
Shreked
Regular
Regular
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed, 18 Jan 2006
Location: In The Air

Postby Shreked » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 1:33 pm

Yeah it's actually called fate la..
2 days ago i went to Changi Airport, alone, after a CCA meeting.Looking at those Flight Attendants makes me like...crying.I can feel my eyes watery.Lol.Can't wait!
Some of my friends called me crazy cuz they told that i'm like crazy for a "not that executive" job. But no matter what people say, i'm gonna go after my dream with determination!
I'm Evolving!

My Wings are growing!!!

User avatar
Matt10
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2006

Postby Matt10 » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 4:16 pm

Shreked wrote:Yeah it's actually called fate la..
2 days ago i went to Changi Airport, alone, after a CCA meeting.Looking at those Flight Attendants makes me like...crying.I can feel my eyes watery.Lol.Can't wait!
Some of my friends called me crazy cuz they told that i'm like crazy for a "not that executive" job. But no matter what people say, i'm gonna go after my dream with determination!



You mentioned you had CCA meeting. Are you a student? Polytechnic?

User avatar
Shreked
Regular
Regular
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed, 18 Jan 2006
Location: In The Air

Postby Shreked » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 6:26 pm

No.I'm now in ITE college East.
I'm Evolving!

My Wings are growing!!!

User avatar
ashie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 20 Feb 2006

Postby ashie » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 9:17 pm

Shreked wrote:No.I'm now in ITE college East.

really? what course are you in? a couple of my friends schooling there.

User avatar
Shreked
Regular
Regular
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed, 18 Jan 2006
Location: In The Air

Postby Shreked » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:40 pm

Accounting.
I'm Evolving!

My Wings are growing!!!

User avatar
Matt10
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2006

Postby Matt10 » Sat, 29 Apr 2006 1:27 pm

chai ching wrote:Hi,

Same thinking with me also. I was also hoping to be a cabin crew. My mind was all about cabin crew. My work is not that so important and i just dont care about my job at all. But come to think of it, i cant totally focus of becoming a cabin crew. I have to stop thinking and concentrate on doing and getting my job done.

I also wish and really hope that one day i will also be a cabin crew just like everybody. Whenever see peoples been selected for the interview or been shortlisted, i was very envious and how i really wish that i will become of them too. Though i know that its totally crazy of just thinking to be a cabin crew.

If its yours, it will be yours. If its not yours, no matter how you want it or do any other to make it yours. It will still not be yours and wont come back to you.

Shreked wrote:2 years are like 20 years for me...My wind just can't stop thinking about this 24*7!


so did you go to SIA recruitment just now?

How about applying Rock Airway. just an experience. so you'll have better chance to get into SIA. :D

User avatar
euniceh0
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat, 08 Apr 2006
Location: sin
Contact:

Postby euniceh0 » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 10:08 pm

has the application been close already?!?!?! i cant access into the website at all :x

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 10:12 pm

It's not closed. Just that the page is facing some error. Don't worry you still have tomorrow or you could email your resume and your photograph to SilkAir_HumanResource@singaporeair.com.sg.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

User avatar
euniceh0
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat, 08 Apr 2006
Location: sin
Contact:

Postby euniceh0 » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 10:24 pm

thx dearie...

btw wat u meant by i still hv tmr?? u mean the application closing soon??i had previosuly sent in my resume to tt addressee already.. but no reply :roll: haiz..... :(

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 10:27 pm

Yep. The application for the post of SilkAir flight stewardess must be submitted by 2nd May 2006. The other day I enquired about attaching my photograph with my application coz I couldn't find anywhere that I could attach it. They replied stating that I should send my resume and photograph to the mentioned email.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

User avatar
euniceh0
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat, 08 Apr 2006
Location: sin
Contact:

Postby euniceh0 » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 10:30 pm

thank god... luckily i asked... otherwise i would hv miss a chance..
thank u soo much... i'll sent it over... :D best of luck to u and me!!!! :lol:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
  • silkair interview
    by higirl » Sat, 05 Apr 2014 8:43 pm » in Airline Careers
    69
    49965
    by ShayShay View the latest post
    Sun, 12 Aug 2018 3:22 am
  • Time for family - Silkair pilot
    by Apilotswife » Fri, 20 Jun 2014 6:50 am » in Airline Careers
    8
    4101
    by Blade View the latest post
    Sun, 22 Jun 2014 3:17 pm
  • SilkAir Freelance Cabin Crew
    by airlinegirl » Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:26 am » in Airline Careers
    3
    3945
    by zzm9980 View the latest post
    Sun, 24 Aug 2014 3:09 am
  • Silkair walk in interview 24/31 July 2015
    by haruee23 » Wed, 22 Jul 2015 7:06 pm » in Airline Careers
    3
    4177
    by cimars View the latest post
    Sat, 25 Jul 2015 6:51 pm
  • silkair recruitment 16 dec 2016
    by ana_pocahantos » Fri, 13 Jan 2017 10:58 am » in Airline Careers
    0
    3995
    by ana_pocahantos View the latest post
    Fri, 13 Jan 2017 10:58 am

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests