Singapore Expats Forum

Silkair

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
lowsh83
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri, 05 Aug 2005
Location: Sinagpore

Postby lowsh83 » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:30 pm

just wana check, is silkair based in singapore?

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:33 pm

lowsh83 wrote:just wana check, is silkair based in singapore?


Of course. It's a subsidiary of SIA.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 8:28 am

lowsh83 wrote:just wana check, is silkair based in singapore?


Another prime candidate for the position of Flight Attendant. Amazing how he'she can log into a forum and post a question, but is incapable of finding the SilkAir website and looking at it.

That's the kind of dedication to research airlines are looking for. Go for it lowsh
......................................................

'nuff said Image

Cool_pink
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed, 29 Mar 2006
Contact:

Postby Cool_pink » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 8:50 am

Hi,

I had an interview with Silk Air last Feb and got in to two interviews and rejected after that(because I commented bout cleaning the toilet :? )
I am keen to work with Silk Air and wonder if I can apply again?
or do I have to wait for 6 months?
Can anyone help. .thank you

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 9:06 am

Cool_pink wrote:Hi,

I had an interview with Silk Air last Feb and got in to two interviews and rejected after that(because I commented bout cleaning the toilet :? )
I am keen to work with Silk Air and wonder if I can apply again?
or do I have to wait for 6 months?
Can anyone help. .thank you


Cleaning toilet? What did you say? You should be well aware that if you want the job, you shouldn't mention any negativities.

About application, you should just apply again. I applies in August but failed during the uniform fitting and so I applied again in October. They did called me for an interview. And obviously, I failed again.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:38 am

By the way, are you going this saturday for the SIA interview? Are you going to give it a try? Are you also going to send in your resume to Silkair too?


singaporegrrl wrote:
Cool_pink wrote:Hi,

I had an interview with Silk Air last Feb and got in to two interviews and rejected after that(because I commented bout cleaning the toilet :? )
I am keen to work with Silk Air and wonder if I can apply again?
or do I have to wait for 6 months?
Can anyone help. .thank you


Cleaning toilet? What did you say? You should be well aware that if you want the job, you shouldn't mention any negativities.

About application, you should just apply again. I applies in August but failed during the uniform fitting and so I applied again in October. They did called me for an interview. And obviously, I failed again.

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:41 am

chai ching wrote:By the way, are you going this saturday for the SIA interview? Are you going to give it a try? Are you also going to send in your resume to Silkair too?


Yep I've sent my application to SilkAir. Just waiting for an invitation. I can't make it this Saturday coz I've got a very important family event. Nonetheless, I wish everyone attending the best of luck!
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:58 am

Oh like that i see. Well at least better than dont have at all. By the way, do you know anything regarding about Silkair? Im just curious why and how come whenever SIA is having their walk in interview? Silkair will also post their advertisement on their website. Why is that so far? Do you know the reason?

singaporegrrl wrote:
chai ching wrote:By the way, are you going this saturday for the SIA interview? Are you going to give it a try? Are you also going to send in your resume to Silkair too?


Yep I've sent my application to SilkAir. Just waiting for an invitation. I can't make it this Saturday coz I've got a very important family event. Nonetheless, I wish everyone attending the best of luck!

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:41 am

chai ching wrote:Oh like that i see. Well at least better than dont have at all. By the way, do you know anything regarding about Silkair? Im just curious why and how come whenever SIA is having their walk in interview? Silkair will also post their advertisement on their website. Why is that so far? Do you know the reason?


SilkAir usually recruit every 3 months and the last one was around February, if not mistaken. That's probably just coincidence that the 2 carriers recruit around the same time.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 1:25 pm

Oh so thats the reason. I see. Ok can understand. Thank you so much!
Thats why i also find it so coincidence too.

singaporegrrl wrote:
chai ching wrote:Oh like that i see. Well at least better than dont have at all. By the way, do you know anything regarding about Silkair? Im just curious why and how come whenever SIA is having their walk in interview? Silkair will also post their advertisement on their website. Why is that so far? Do you know the reason?


SilkAir usually recruit every 3 months and the last one was around February, if not mistaken. That's probably just coincidence that the 2 carriers recruit around the same time.

User avatar
Matt10
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2006

Postby Matt10 » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 6:36 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:Is being excited a crime? The dateline is a week away which explains the exclamation marks.


No, it is not against the law.

By the way, SIA only prefers Diploma and A level cert only? how about those who are ITE graduate or O level graduates?

Is there any difference for degree holder and non-degree holder?

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 8:09 pm

Matt10 wrote:By the way, SIA only prefers Diploma and A level cert only? how about those who are ITE graduate or O level graduates?

Is there any difference for degree holder and non-degree holder?


"Those with at least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits, including English, and relevant working experience may also apply."

That's way they stated in the ad for the upcoming walk-in interviews. I suggest those who are keen to go and have a try. Good luck!

Degree holders who are selected have a basic pay of an additional couple of hundred than those without a degree. Nevertheless, having a degree does not guarantee a place as a cabin crew.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

User avatar
Shreked
Regular
Regular
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed, 18 Jan 2006
Location: In The Air

Postby Shreked » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:15 pm

ok thats cool.now people with O cert can also apply. Does it mean that ITE cert holders can apply too?
I'm Evolving!
My Wings are growing!!!

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:17 pm

Shreked wrote:ok thats cool.now people with O cert can also apply. Does it mean that ITE cert holders can apply too?


There's probably hope for ITE cert holders as well. Make sure to make your achievements known.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

User avatar
Shreked
Regular
Regular
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed, 18 Jan 2006
Location: In The Air

Postby Shreked » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:31 pm

I'll just wait for my time to come then...you know what..sometimes i feel like i really dont want to serve ns because i cant wait to pursue my dream!THis dream has been in me for like 10 years! I just can't help it!
I'm Evolving!

My Wings are growing!!!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
  • Cathay Pacific Or Silkair??
    by CaseyHan » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 11:14 am » in Airline Careers
    13
    8841
    by CaseyHan View the latest post
    Mon, 16 Sep 2013 2:03 pm
  • silkair interview
    by higirl » Sat, 05 Apr 2014 8:43 pm » in Airline Careers
    68
    47210
    by Laladreamer View the latest post
    Wed, 06 Jun 2018 9:30 pm
  • Time for family - Silkair pilot
    by Apilotswife » Fri, 20 Jun 2014 6:50 am » in Airline Careers
    8
    3850
    by Blade View the latest post
    Sun, 22 Jun 2014 3:17 pm
  • SilkAir Freelance Cabin Crew
    by airlinegirl » Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:26 am » in Airline Careers
    3
    3654
    by zzm9980 View the latest post
    Sun, 24 Aug 2014 3:09 am
  • Silkair walk in interview 24/31 July 2015
    by haruee23 » Wed, 22 Jul 2015 7:06 pm » in Airline Careers
    3
    4137
    by cimars View the latest post
    Sat, 25 Jul 2015 6:51 pm

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests